Maybelline Color Sensational in Plum Perfect

4.1

on 2/2/2013 8:07:00 AM

I picked up this lipstick for AU$12 at my local Big W. the colour looked pretty in the tube but showed up much darker on the lips. I instead patted it on my lips, and found that it left a beautiful, natural MLBB shade. It turned out to be quite perfect for me, as I cannot find any lip tint that I like except for the Mark Totally Balmed line, which are now discontinued. I plan on making my own lip tint, using this lipstick. Some say the smell is odd, but to me it smells like vanilla, and also smells like a certain brand of playdough my cousins owned when we were little. I adore the packaging. The shiny purple cap is very appealing! Overall, love the lipstick! I would definitely recommend it!

on 1/13/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade description: burgundy

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- drying

Comments: Great shade for the fall/winter seasons. This line of lipsticks are pretty drying, but easily fixed with a balm or gloss.

Will repurchase.

As much I love the consistency of the lipstick , I hate the color. The color is plum with hints of mauve and pink. But when put on my pigmented lips it turned out to be some crazy color. Also, the color is a bit tacky for my choice. It looked really pretty when swatched on my hand but doesnt look good on my lips.My bad.
But the consistency is super moisturizing, staying power is okay and the pigmentation is super rich !! Its just crazily pigmented. You just need one swipe of it to get the color.
Overall has all pros of a good lipstick, so if you like the color , go for it !

on 5/21/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing a tutorial by Lisa Eldridge on Youtube for a dark lipstick look (http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/12334/trend-dark-lipsticks/). I think she used YSL 8 Belle du Rose? I didn't know if I'd wear this in public until l played around with it a bit. This lipstick works perfect. I like this line because it has great coverage and staying power. I don't mind the vanilla taste, it's okay. If you want a darker, dramatic lip look for evening events (I wore this look to a gallery opening) in the fall or winter, this will do the job. I only wear this once or twice a year, so I doubt I'll be repurchasing. If I do, I'll probably splurge on the YSL.

on 10/31/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

plum perfect is a dark plum/burgundy.it's got a shine to it.verry pretty for fall! Love the texture of those lipsticks! Smooth on the application,pigmented,last long.go well with:plum,white,black,nude,gold,purple,pink,brown eye shadows.love it!

on 10/31/2011 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this shade..goes on very smooth and lasts a long time. This color is a gorgeous moody purple shade. I love it.

on 7/21/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this lipstick. The shade is a nice dark plum color. It goes on smoothly and isn't very drying. I like the very unusual smell (and to a point taste) to. It was like...wet cement, which I've always thought was a very soothing smell. I'd recomend it.

on 4/20/2011 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MY FAVORITE LIPSTICKS!

That is all..=)

on 3/12/2011 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to venture into the world of dark lipsticks, and this was my first attempt. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. this is a really pretty creamy plummy shade. i like the texture, it covers the lips in an opaque layer of color but isn't matte or drying. I also really like the packaging, since I have several of these the fact that the lid is purple makes it obvious which one it is. I like these lipsticks a lot, and plan on trying many other shades.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very dry and smelled horrible. I may have gotten a bad batch or something but I've only had this for a couple of months. The color looks very dark and is not wearable for anything but Halloween. This goes right in the trash.

Recommended for Medium Skin