Maybelline Color Sensational in Plum Perfect

As much I love the consistency of the lipstick , I hate the color. The color is plum with hints of mauve and pink. But when put on my pigmented lips it turned out to be some crazy color. Also, the color is a bit tacky for my choice. It looked really pretty when swatched on my hand but doesnt look good on my lips.My bad.
But the consistency is super moisturizing, staying power is okay and the pigmentation is super rich !! Its just crazily pigmented. You just need one swipe of it to get the color.
Overall has all pros of a good lipstick, so if you like the color , go for it !

on 5/21/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing a tutorial by Lisa Eldridge on Youtube for a dark lipstick look (http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/12334/trend-dark-lipsticks/). I think she used YSL 8 Belle du Rose? I didn't know if I'd wear this in public until l played around with it a bit. This lipstick works perfect. I like this line because it has great coverage and staying power. I don't mind the vanilla taste, it's okay. If you want a darker, dramatic lip look for evening events (I wore this look to a gallery opening) in the fall or winter, this will do the job. I only wear this once or twice a year, so I doubt I'll be repurchasing. If I do, I'll probably splurge on the YSL.

on 10/31/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

plum perfect is a dark plum/burgundy.it's got a shine to it.verry pretty for fall! Love the texture of those lipsticks! Smooth on the application,pigmented,last long.go well with:plum,white,black,nude,gold,purple,pink,brown eye shadows.love it!

on 10/31/2011 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this shade..goes on very smooth and lasts a long time. This color is a gorgeous moody purple shade. I love it.

on 7/21/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this lipstick. The shade is a nice dark plum color. It goes on smoothly and isn't very drying. I like the very unusual smell (and to a point taste) to. It was like...wet cement, which I've always thought was a very soothing smell. I'd recomend it.

on 4/20/2011 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MY FAVORITE LIPSTICKS!

That is all..=)

on 3/12/2011 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to venture into the world of dark lipsticks, and this was my first attempt. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. this is a really pretty creamy plummy shade. i like the texture, it covers the lips in an opaque layer of color but isn't matte or drying. I also really like the packaging, since I have several of these the fact that the lid is purple makes it obvious which one it is. I like these lipsticks a lot, and plan on trying many other shades.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very dry and smelled horrible. I may have gotten a bad batch or something but I've only had this for a couple of months. The color looks very dark and is not wearable for anything but Halloween. This goes right in the trash.

on 1/10/2011 4:48:00 PM

Nice product for a drugstore price. For the record, I have thin lips and prefer dark lipsticks, it's just my overall look. I bought this color, and mauvelicious (or something like that) - both colors are plums. This tone is a bit more red/brown but overall a plum. Deeply pigmented with a creamy texture that doesn't feel cheap. I didn't notice any odd smell, either. I wouldn't call it incredibly moisturizing but I like a dryer lipstick anyhow, something with staying power. I bought it at Target for about 5.50, don't buy at CVS or Walgreens - it's overpriced there.

on 1/1/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I liked the color, but my problem was the smell. I opened the cap and it smelled rotten, and it was overpowering so I had to take it back. I got it again a second time and it smelled fine and the color looked really good on me. It was nice and smooth and lasted me awhile.

Popular Lipsticks