NARS Stylo/ Nuits Blanches

3.2

on 1/18/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As an admitted eyeliner junkie, when I first found out about this product I had to get my hands on it. I've tried all kinds of liner and my favorites are the liquid/gel variety as I love to apply winged liner. I have to say I actually did not purchase this color (it was Blue Bayou), but my review is more so for the performance of the product rather than the color.

When I got it home I could not wait to try it on, so I washed my face and removed all my makeup to start fresh. The application was fairly easy, but I realized it was kind of staining my lids when I tried to correct my mistakes with a q-tip and MU remover. I didn't really give it much thought at the time and wore it for the rest of the day. The lasting power was not good at all. The tips of my wings were completely smudged by the end of the day, but the worst of it came when I tried to remove my makeup before bed. It absolutely stained my lash line blue and worst of all it stained MY CONTACT LENSES. I've been wearing contacts for about 15 years now and have never - in my entire life - experienced such a terrible result with a make up product. EVER. I don't wash with my eyes open, so I couldn't figure out exactly how it even happened. Whatever I did, no matter how many times I rinsed with solution and rubbed them I could not get them clean. I had to throw them away (a fresh pair of monthlys I had just opened the previous day) and it took a couple days for the staining on my lids to completely disappear. Maybe my experience was a freak accident as no one else here seems to have had such a problem, but it pretty much turned me off of this style of liner, period. No matter which brand. One of the worst beauty products of any kind I've ever tried.

on 11/24/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Someone please change my mind. I have used this eyeliner for 2 weeks now. I have shaken it to get the liquid out and its not helping. Is there something i'm doing wrong?!?

thanks!

on 11/24/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PRECISION !!!! One of the best Liquid Liner Pens that I have ever used! One it dries it dries and doesn't move or smudge. Buying it again !!!!

on 10/3/2010 9:56:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. The application is super easy and the thin tip creates a beautiful line. However, I'm really surprised that nobody else had this problem, it smudges like crazy! Granted I do have slightly oily lids - but I've tried liquid liners from a ton of different lines and this has been the first to smudge to this extent.

If you have dry lids - I'd say definitely try this product. If you're someone who shares my trouble, perhaps you ought to investigate another line (or at least keep your receipt for returns!).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has become my holy grail of liquid eyeliners! I have oily lids and usually after about 2 hours (no matter how much primer I use) my liner starts to melt off and migrate down my face or transfer to my lids! This liner stayed put all day and is the blackest black I have found. The only down side is that it was tough to get off. I would take that over no liner any day!

on 3/27/2010 5:33:00 PM

makes flicks and precision eye lining really easy.after 2 to 3 months of regular use it started to dry out ,i mentioned this on a return trip to nars counter in selfridges and she said to pull out the tip, turn it around and slide it back in.i was a bit sceptical but had nothing to lose so i tried it and hey presto good as new !! really pleased

on 2/25/2010 3:28:00 PM

just purchased this and so far so good. It makes a fine thin line and is black as black comes. the tip is soft and doesn't feel rough as I apply it. love it just too expensive...

on 1/23/2010 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this. I usually find it hard to achieve a thin line with liquid liners but this was easy, even on the first try. The applicator is like a very stiff felt tip pen. The point is small and sharp. I found it easy to use and had no problems increasing the width at the outer corners. The line stayed consistent so I didn't have to go over it again to even things out. The liner itself is ink like instead of thick and paint like. You can go over the same area without making it look gummy or having it flake off.

Stayed put all day. Didn't smudge.

The cost is a bit ridiculous and I worry that the applicator (as much as I love it) will dry out quickly.

on 11/21/2009 12:58:00 PM

I saw this featured on television and thought I would give it a try. I had used the L'Oreal version of felt tip eyeliner and I expected the Nars one to be better. It wasn't.
First of all, it seemed like very little product was making from the marker tip to my lashline. I left the style tip down overnight and that helped. When they tell you on the box to store the stylo tip down, they mean it.
The top seemed a little long to maintain the control of the line that I am used to. That said I was able to draw a nice clean line.
It wore off in a weird way. It did like the upper end of the line. However, wear away right up next to the lashline, leaving bare area making it look like I didn't know enough about eyeliner that I didn't know the line should go up to and into the lashline.
I will be sticking with my gel eyeliners. I just didn't think this product was that great, especially for the money.

on 11/19/2009 12:39:00 AM

I didn't want to spend the $27 for this but was super lucky to get this as a gift. Yes, the pen is hard and not as flexible or soft, but I like a thin line as close to my lash line or in my lash line so it is perfect for me. The only thing is, I can see it taking practice but like the other reviewer, I got burnt out with gel liners -- for me, I was sick of having a brush to clean every day and a pot to carry around. I do my makeup on the go, so, this all in one pen is great for me. Blackest black ever too. It doesn't crease for me and it seems to be budge proof on the back of my hand. It's mostly budge proof on the lids too, however, on the outside corners, it seems to come off easier there when I wipe my eye a bit. I am not sure if I can justify the money for next time but if you have $27 to spend on an eyeliner, go for this one! I swatched the blue and brown one in the store and the blue is absolutely stunning too.
***UPDATE: This doesn't seem to last that long. It's only been 2 months and it seems to be drying up now and the pen tip is not as crisp as it was before.***

Top Rated NARS Products