November 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Hair Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was my first venture into argan oil as it was the cheapest at the beauty supplier and now having used other brands this is good but not great in my opinion.

First off the smell, it has a really strong scent to it think roses and oils a very 'old lady' scent for lack of better words. I don't like it but it didn't stop me from using it. I apply oil to my damp hair after brushing it and let in seep into my hair for as long as possible so that my hair can mostly air dry and then I go in with my hair dryer. I do that just for less damage. My hair definitely felt smoother but it leaves a very heavy feeling and that is why I prefer others over this.

Overall, for someone on a budget that wants to use a hair oil this would be great but it's not a personal favourite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have long 3c type hair, but my hair is thin. I use this argon oil on my own hair & on my hair extensions when I wear them. I'm really picky about what I put in my hair. I don't like having anything heavy or greasy in my hair. I've finally found a moisturizer that is non-greasy & doesn't feel oily. It also smells good! It's been a Holy Grail to me.

If your hair is dry or damaged from colouring/bleaching or heat styling, for example, this particular argon oil really helps. Like with any argon oil, you don't want to over-apply it. My hair falls halfway down my back & I use than a quarter-sized amount - then again, like I mentioned, my hair is thin. If you put too much in, you'll end up with stringy, '80s rock star hair! I use it because I prefer to have my hair straightened & this protects it from the heat & helps with the ends of my hair. I recommend it for anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Leaves my hair really nice but unfortunately this oil breaks out my back severly! :( I use Jojoba oil now for everything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good, but NOT great.

This will give you a nice sheen but by the end of the work day your hair feels and looks like there's no product in it. As a result, you go through a lot of product.

I used this after switching from the Agadir argan oil treatment because it was cheaper. I'll be switching back because the sheen and moisture Agadir provides lasts for about 48 hours without weighing your hair down.

I gave this product a 4 instead of a 3 because, compared to the other so-called argan oil treatments out there, it's quite decent and the price is reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ek1265

I have course, frizzy but fine hair. I purchased this because I heard it was a dupe for moroccanoil. I love this product! I put it on towel dried hair and dry hair to tame the frizz. It makes my hair so soft and it smells really good too! It also reduces drying time when I blow dry my hair. I've used many products for frizzy hair and this is my new favorite. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got talked into this product about a year ago in Sallys when I was looking for an oil treatment. I have used this for about a year and recently stopped using it much. For me personally it didn't do much at all. It made my hair oily and didn't stop the frizz or anything. I tried another oil product fro Organix with Moroccan oil and it too didn't do much. I don't know if its the oil itself or the extra ingredients in the oil that makes no difference.
I have gone back to John Freida frizz serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by coconaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My hair is some hybrid monster mix of somewhat fine and straightish in the front and low back and increasingly kinky as it gets to the center of my scalp -- where it gets downright NAPPY. I usually blowdry it straight. It's been a pretty tough journey in finding the right products for it.

This has been one of the best products I've used for it. I currently use as the main weapon in my arsenal, along with coconut oil as filler so I don't waste too much of it.

What I need from my hair products is that it makes my hair feel hydrated and clumps it together somewhat so it's more manageable -- which One 'n Only Argan Oil does.

However, it can feel pretty nasty/greasy when I apply too much of it.

And it SMELLS SO GOOD!

It's not a miracle hair product, but so far it'll do. Now if I could find a hair product that'll make my hair not look frizzy OR greasy without blowdrying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my super hero hair product that i now can't live without! I have gone from jet black to platinum blonde and back my hair was obviously breaking off i had to cut it. It pained me that i had to get alot of my hair cut off up a little past my shoulders when i had it down mid back. I tried so many "moisturizing shampoos" and treatments to no avail. I started feeling helpless when my stylist told me i had to chop even more off because it was still in terrible shape. I heard about Argan oil and read up on all the benefits of it and became very intrigued with it. However, hearing the word oil automatically made me think "greasy" and "weighed down" but ooh how wrong I was! Now when using this it is important to know that A little goes a long way and to concentrate only on mid shaft to ends which i did. And overtime i could feel my hair looking and feeling better. To this day people will tell me that my hair looks healthy and ask me what i use and i just think...if they only knew what my poor hair has been through...but im telling you when this stuff says it helps to regenerate your hair from the inside out it is not a gimmick. There are many benefits that argan oil has to combatting frizz and smoothing to UV and heat protection, color protection and it has lots of vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids hence, it helps to help reconstruct your hair from the inside out. I am a true believer of this product because it really saved my hair. I would highly recommend this to anyone really because it is for all hair types, but especially for those over chemically processing "I bleach my hair every two months" type of people who need CPR for their hair. Also, know that you have to give it time and realize that after the first use your hair isnt gonna feel like silk. As with most products you have to give it a little time...but trust me when i tell you that if ya do you will be pleasently surprised

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by shyidahogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

After discovering the shampoo and conditioner associated with the Argon Oil line from One n Only, upon suggestion of an acquaintance, I decided to splurge and try this hair oil. I used to oil my hair with virgin coconut oil, leave it in for sometimes hours before washing it out, and I thought it did the trick. That was until I tried this stuff. It's application was weird to me, the oil was very light and you were supposed to use it AFTER you washed, before you dried. Okay, I gave it a shot. It transferred my good hair into the best hair this side of a runway! I don't mean to sound conceited, but this stuff is good. It has kept my ends from splitting, with heat use 5 out of 7 days of the week. I am convinced it helped my hair grow, which seemed stuck at bra strap length, which is now almost long enough to tuck in the pocket of my jeans, in only a year and a half. I do not color, but I was unfortunate enough to let a student talk me into a keratin treatment and she promised me it would wash out in 90 washes. Two years later, it's barely wavy when it would normally be ringlets. But this stuff saved my hair, and my hair became so hydrated that I had to move to a lighter version (the bottle of spray shine, same line). I still deep-treat my locks with the strong stuff (the stuff this review is actually for) twice a month, and a bottle lasts a good 3-4 months even with daily application. Some people love the smell, and a couple have told me it smells like a hippy. I think it smells warm and woodsy. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very long, somewhat layered, curly/wavy, normal to thick colored hair. I picked this up on a whim and this was the first One 'n Only argan oil product I had ever owned and now I use many products from their line. I got this for free at Sally's as a part of a promo option one winter. I started rubbing about a teaspoon into my hands and then smoothing/stroking it through my hair after my shower. PROS: detangled my long and easily tangly hair, scent doesn't trigger migraines with me and is pleasant, scent does linger all day (can be pro or con depending on person), took away my fly-away hair that happens in dry winter conditions (I live up north and it gets very cold and dry), can still style it as you choose after application, a little goes a long way - it took me a year to use up one bottle and I use it after every shower through the winter/cold months, kept my hair silky and moist through the dry winter conditions. CONS: can only be purchased from a Sally's and I don't live near one so it's either a 60+ mile drive or I have to have it shipped to me, if you use too much it will be difficult to work up a lather on your next hair washing (I find I use more shampoo because of this product to work up a good lather as the oil deters lather), scent lingers all day (can be pro or con).