September 21, 2014 | 992 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by VirgieIsland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

for the extremely affordable price and the amount of color is great ... there are some color that doesn't pigment that good but there are others that work wonder. use an eye shadow primer and voila. chead and great magic :D

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaBiatch

This was my first eyeshadow palette I bought. For the price, it is definitely worth it. It is not bad, but you definitely need an eyeshadow primer before using these colors. Some are a lot more pigmented than others. I ran out of the neutral colors pretty quickly and was left with a ton of bright colors. I would recommend this palette for someone who uses colors a lot! I found that the white & off-white colors were kind of chalky and not nearly as bright as I was hoping for, but the bright colors showed up better. Again, for the price I think that this is a good deal and worth it for someone who is on a budget or maybe a beginner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really great palette if your on a budget and don't plan to spend a lot of money for eyeshadow. I love using the matte beige colors as an everyday natural highlight. I only use mainly the brownish colors and not too much of the bright ones because they don't really show up. I really didn't get my $20 worth out of it like I planned to but hey, it makes a great beginner's eyeshadow kit. Ladies with a darker skin tone, Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk gets the bright colors to instantly pop.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by AmatuerArtist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

My sister got this for me and I have to admit, it's not bad. THough I'm not a fan of big eyeshadow palettes like this, the product itself is pretty awesome. The eyeshadow doesn't smudge and looks good with or without primer. (though I wouldn't know since I have mono lids -.-) The only problem I think is that the packaging is too big and not good for traveling, but if I can find this in stores, I would probably buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lvjcmac21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These eyeshadows are OK. Im not proud of them, honestly. The eyeshadows are not highly pigmented so you do have to grab a lot on your eyeshadow brush. Plus, you MUST use a base to help the shadow stay on all day and to make the color more vibrant. I've noticed that the neutrals are better then the regular colors when it comes to pigment and long lasting shadows. I rated a three on packaging quality because the 88 shadows come in a plastic rectangular case that isn't sturdy, mine broke. Some of the colors fell out too. I don't hate this product but I probably wont purchase it again because I know what I like better so why settle for less? I do like the color range, you have tons of options. I don't want to seem like im completely putting this product down because these shadows do work, I have just used better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by LizLaughandLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With this palette, you definitely get your money's worth! There's a wide variety of colors, and for every color you want, there's another shadow nearby that will compliment it well. This is probably best for those who want to start building a makeup collection, because it's a lot of product, for not a huge amount of money. It's great for experimenting! This is my best friend when Halloween, Christmas, St. Patrick's day, and all those other holidays roll around. Of course, considering it's under $20, you can't expect it to be as pigmented as MAC or Urban Decay. There are shades here and there that have horrible pay off, and most of them are a little chalky. As beautiful as they are, the shadows aren't as saturated as you may want them to be. Also, if you don't have a primer/cream base, etc...don't even bother. Without a color/ cream base, or primer, the shadows will go on very sheer, and they won't last very long either. Overall, I really do love this palette! It's inexpensive, and very diverse! I'd recommend this product to everyone and their cat.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this palate, it's a good starter one for those who like to experiment or try new looks every now and then.

to be honest not all the colours are matte, around 20% of the colours have either a soft shimmer or satin finish but the rest are matted.

also the colours are well pigmented, EASILY bendable and not chalky at all (but they do give a dusty appearance on the palate itself) so I usually wear them without a primer and they last all night. this is not as good as MAC or bobby brown so don't fool yourself but if you want alot of options, matte finish, good quality then get it.

I read in some reviews that you should just get them from Ebay but seriously the company has a sale every single week so you can get it for around $9 which is a bargain no matter how you think of it. also delivery is fast (I'm in Dubai and got it in three days!) and it comes with a refund in case something happens to it during delivery which reassures me more.

CONS
- if you live overseas then delivery is fast but expensive.
- most colours are basic ones, only 3 colours in the palate are really original.
- only three colours can be used as highlighters out of 88 so if you run out be sure to have a back-up
- the palate is MOSTLY colours, there is only one row for the classic smoky eye and one row of neutral colours.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by miuization

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know eBay is full of these palettes. Brands just order them somewhere and just stick their logo on it. So you can order this palette cheaper on eBay or some Chinese website.

I got the 88 matte palette because everyone recommended it. It is no bad but nothing amazing either.

Eyeshadows are not very pigmented. Some of them are more pigmented than the others. For example black is not black, rather deep grey toned, some colors you just have to keep layering to make them show up on your skin.

I used it every day since I got it and I'm almost out of the neutral colors. When you hit pan on some of the tones, they get even less pigmented - you have to scrape your brush or just break the color in order to use it all up. Some colors are very powdery and because of that 1/3 of the palette is unusable.

Packaging is ok if you use it on table. Mine broke after couple of uses, the lid just fell off. So if you'd like to travel and bring your palette with you, I suggest you to wrap it into bubble wrap.

I'd recommend this palette for someone young who is just starting experimenting with makeup. You get all the colors you need and you are less likely to mess up your look if you use less pigmented eyeshadows.

Even though I used my palette every day, I wouldn't purchase it again. I just don't like the pigmentation and chalky eyeshadows. Colors are not unique either. I would rather spend more money on better quality products that I enjoy using than buy loads of not so good ones. Eyeshadows are very small in size too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by MegamiMoon

I just got this palette in yesterday and I'm so in love! My favorite eyeshadows are mattes because I find that they're photo/flash friendly. The colors are pigmented enough for my satisfaction and especially pop when you use them with primer. The formula is very smooth and blendable for precision application. I can't wait to experiment with the colors to create amazing looks. If there were any flaws, I would say that some of the colors are a little too similar, but for less than $20 for 88 colors, I can't really complain!