FairyDrops FAIRYDROPS Mascara

3.6

Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Beeswax, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristc/Stearic Triglyceride, Glycerin, Polyvinyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Nylon-66, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium Edta, Iron Oxides, Silica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/16/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

My HG mascara! Gives my lashes a lengthened and volumized look, lasts through incredibly humid and sweaty days without smudging or flaking, and is amazingly easy to remove with makeup wipes. After using this, I can't use anything else!! I highly recommend for people living in humid environments.

on 6/24/2012 3:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NEW HG mascara!! I've got the typical Asian lashes: sparse and straight. My mascara routine: curl lashes, Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base, then Fairy Drops mascara. When I bought this on my sister's recommendation, I was not wow-ed. My sister swears by it, and says it even makes it through jujitsu. I liked it, it wasn't any much *better* than my HG mascara: Fiberwig. It applies a tiny bit thicker than the Fiberwig so yes, my lashes are thicker but it is also more obvious that I have mascara on. While the Fiberwig looks so natural that it can fool my mother. My lashes are longer and it holds the curl. And since it's $2 more for the Fairy Drops, Fiberwig still wins.

But then....
I got caught in a down-pour. No exaggeration, the skies opened up and dumped sheets of rain on NYC and here I was: no umbrella. I found my way to my destination and looked at myself in the mirror: my eye makeup (Fairy drops Mascara, Milani Liquifeye) was exactly where it was before Mother Nature dumped 10 gallons on water on me. I had a tiny bit of smudge on the outer corner of my eyes, but that is normal on any evening as I have very oily lids. I expected some fibers on my cheeks, etc. but found none.

Fairy Drops for $2 more is now my HG mascara.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Okay so Fairydrops, a japanese mascara product. one word: Japanese, i'm like yess! The packaging is very cute, the price is a bit expensive because i brought it at Sephora. and the rating: a 3.5 but they don't have 3.5 so i settled for a 3

the result: pretty good, being asian and everything i have short lashes. So this mascara really made my lashes look long and full which i loved! there were times when it clumped. the only problem is, it drys fast. Like before when i put on a lot of it (in order to get the long lashes and whole bold thing noticeable) it kind of felt like something was in my eye and i had to keep blinking, so i stopped wearing it. Also when used a lot, the brush becomes kind of messy which i think was also the problem to the 'thing in my eye'. which i think is the fiber. but i wouldn't buy this product again.. i might rethink it if it's at a lower price..

but drugstore mascaras are the best. i recommend the CG lash blast waterproof =)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have kinda thin, medium length eyelashes that are mostly straight and this did literally nothing...I know its recommended alot for girls with straight eyelashes because the formula holds curls but it doesnt add length, volume, thickness or any of that in my experience. Ive used better things for $5 from the pharmacy

on 5/26/2012 4:56:00 PM

I love this mascara!
It really makes my straight lashes long and full. The brush does take a bit of practice to work with and I find that using it sideways works best. Even though it's not waterproof it doesn't smudge

The only thing is that it dries fast...I think it's because it doesn't close properly like Dior mascaras that have that lock/click thing.

I quite liked the wet formula, but found the brush difficult to work with. It took quite a bit of effort to get my lashes looking even, because the 'bumps' coated my lashes, but the dips between the bumps didn't. This made for quite a gappy look, until I played around with it somewhat. The end result was very pretty - fluttery, fairy-like(?!) lashes, which looked extremely long and curled. I didn't get much in the way of volume, but I wasn't expecting that. My lashes held the curl well, but I did find that specks of mascara (presumably the fibres) migrated into my eyes - a deal-breaker for me.
I'd recommend this mascara to girls who want crazy length and whose lashes maybe struggle to hold a curl. But I'd say if you seek volume or have sensitive eyes, you should probably look elsewhere.

on 3/1/2012 7:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first time to use a mascara with fibres. Its very intersting! And I love it! Firstly it hold a curl really really well - all day; the forumla is quite wet, but once it dries, it kinda turns water resistant and there is no flaking or smudging after a full days wear. That being said, it's very easy to remove with water as it just washes off as a whole, in fibre clumps I suppose. However, using makeup wipes does take a little bit longer.
I never used to wear mascara on my bottom lashes because I feared looking like a panda. BUT I can use this mascara knowing it will stay put - and it does! Very pleased.
For me, this mascara gives good length, definition, separation but only a little bit of volume. It really opens up your eyes.

on 2/8/2012 11:20:00 PM

I quite like this mascara! I got it in my Sephora Lashstash, and it was one of the mascaras I was most excited to try. This gives a very elegant, youthful, pretty look to my eyelashes, which I love. It's sort of a wispy, doe-eyed effect that's really sweet. It looks really lovely with a soft eyeshadow, like a champagne or rose gold, and not much eyeliner, if any.

Is it a look I want every day, though? Probably not. Some days I want a bit more depth with my mascara, especially when I'm doing bold or dark eyeshadow, and this doesn't show up very well on very striking eye makeup. It's better left as being the focus of the whole eye area. So yeah, not really an everyday mascara for me unless I'm on a natural, girly kick in my makeup routine!

The brush and packaging are great, I find. The design is quirky and adorable, and it stands out on my vanity. It takes a little playing around to figure out how to best use the wand, but once you get it it' super easy. I use the curved edge to mould around the curve of my lashes first, which puts the mascara on the base of the lashes, then I flip it over and use one of the 'bubbles' to even it out and apply product to the remainder of my lashes. This totally prevents clumping and gives the loveliest effect!

It's a little tricky to get off, I find. There's always a few little flakes of it left on my lashes after I've cleaned my face, which I don't usually get with mascaras. Not a big deal, just worth mentioning!

on 1/22/2012 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I agree with the review by shimmergirl. I also like dramatic, dark lashes. This is okay-- holds curl verrry well but that's not what I'm into, my lashes are curly anyway. The package is cute, and the brush is interesting, but the formula does seem a little harsh. Hard to tell if it's psychosomatic or not but I felt like I had fibers in my eyes after finding out it's a fiber mascara from Japan. It would be great for straight lashes, I think.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This mascara was not bad but there was nothing special about it either. I like thick, dramatic lashes and this mascara is better for a natural look. My lashes are dark, thick, and relatively curly already. This mascara held a curl very well, gave good definition, and added some length. It may be great for some people, but for me, this was not what I was looking for. If you are looking for length, there are many more mascaras out there that can do the job better. It does hold a curl well though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials