December 18, 2014 | 997 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Please Nars, sort out the packaging on this powder as it seriously sucks!

Mine only arrived this week as I had road tested this for a day after being made over at Space NK, and I really liked the finish, and colour match (I have this in Beach and am NC/W 20-25 depending on the foundation). In the (messy) tub it looks scarily orange, but it matches my skin tone perfectly (and I am no oompa loompa!).

So anyway, like I said, it arrived and I was so excited to get this - only to open the box and a tonne of powder literally poofed into the air smothering me with this powder. Not a good start. Off to the sink to give it a good clean out and it all looks pretty again (the packaging in a clean state looks lovely and is large, compared to most). But I am almost too scared to open it again, so will have to be armed with towels. I have owned loose powders before but this is mess city. Be warned!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

This is one of my favorite powders ever.It is very finely milled so it is not noticible on my skin at all like some other powders.I like the finsh this gives:somewhat matte natural: depending on how much you put on.The shades are pretty nice too.I currently do not wish to get and figure out what shade I have but it matches pretty good.The only thing I don't like is the packaging, it is cute but really messy for me so you have to be very careful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A huge box of gossamer-light face powder; the colour 'Eden' is perfect for my light olive skin. I use this in all sorts of ways, from setting the heavy duty sunscreens we Aussies have to use, to going over a foundation to give flawless evening look.
I have the sifter installed, and dip brush and tap off, then swirl and buff as you do. It never looks old and cakey. In fact I have decided that a polished on powder is probably the most forgiving makeup for an ageing skin, it blurs the craggy bits and gives by far the best base for any blush, highlighter, even eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by uma5428

I am obsessed with finding the PERFECT powder. I want a powder to go over my liquid foundation and control my oil while giving me little bit more coverage and looking natural. This loose powder is by far my favorite loose powder out there. I have tried Makeup For Ever, Laura Mercier, Tarte, Smashbox, BM, and drug store brands and nothing compairs to this one! It is like the perfect powder to make your face look flawless and it contains ALOT of product. Usually i read reviews on other products that say there is alot of product in it and i use alot so there never is, but no this one there really is alot of product for the price. the price isn't too crazy and it is definately worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

not HG for me. just an ok powder. oil control is fairly good. has a little bit of coverage and gives your face a natural look(i use a brush, not sure about the puff). color choices are adequate, i have it in Flesh(I'm an NC20), would have prefer something a little yellower though, was afraid that Eden was too yellow for me. Best thing is you get so much more product for the same price compared to other LP of the same amount. one tub can last you at least 6months, or if you use it sparingly, maybe even a year! however, packaging is the worst. it's so hard to keep the powder inside the container!!
overall i think i prefer Becca's LP. going to try T Leclerc next.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far may favorite loose powder. So very finely milled and luxurious feeling. Packaging is sleek in the appropriate NARS fashion. A vanity's best friend as one powder box will last a very long time. Yes, it's expensive but you're really getting your money's worth for the amount of product that you're putting down for it. I'm on second box of Desert and I use it almost everyday. It's great for a light dust over foundation as a finishing powder or a quick press with the velour sponge over moisturizer and concealer. The latter method will provide a light coverage with an impressive amount of color pigmentation. If I travel with it I just wrap a hair tie around it and tap the lid before opening it. Worth the investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by MACdoll89

Ok I'm a foundation girl I spend all my money looking for the right foundation I love powders and I seriously don't get the hype . I've tried slot of powders to high end to low end . Im love with Macs line of powders but I have such difficult skin I can't wear it or let it touch my face what so ever. I love Nars to their nail polishes to their gorgeous blushes . And I decided to find a new powder since I ran out of my dream matte and wanted something better . Well I did some research and looked at the reviews and decided to give it a try I order online and order it in beach I'm a nc25 but it was a little lighter but once it oxidizes a little it's perfect . I waited everyday waiting waiting so excited for it to arrive the day came and I ripped that box opens Nars was kind and sent me a free sample of their primer with my purchase. I waited the next day to try and I used my fluffy brush from elfs studio line and it looked horrible I was sooooo disappointed it looked so eerie it hide in my fine lines it look eerie cover girls loose powder was a million times better...I went back to the reviews to see if I was the only one who used the method of fluffy brush well it came with a powder puff and it madena HUGE difference ! It's bearable now but now as good as Mac powders look I defiantly would buy something else like Mac if u don't break out like me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ZeeMarquise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

***Firstly, this is product comes in a high amount so it is worth the money. However, you'll have to be careful with transporting this product as it does get messy, MUA beware and take caution whilst transporting this product.***
I have normal - dry skin, but in summer I get on the oily side of normal. I found that in the summer this product has helped keep my make up for hours (the whole time I'm at work) without having to touch up which is a good thing. However, in the winter when my skin becomes a lot more dry the product tends to look cakey, however this should not be a problem if you have combination/oily skin. I purchased this product in the shade "Mountain" and the only problem I have with it is that in the winter of it is too dark. It does not come in many shades as the shade lighter makes me look ghostly (I am a shade NC45 in mac and Nars Cadiz in the sheet glow foundation, for reference). Hope this was useful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I have in Desert for my NC30/C4 skin and using a puff to press and roll makes all the difference in the world. This powder sets my face for at least 8 hours with no caking and has a soft finish, not powdery at all. I dip the velour puff in, pat against the back of hand, then gently press and roll all over my face. Then I use a big fluffy brush to lightly sweep any remaining powder off. This sets my liquid foundation amazingly and I don't powder my nose until 8 hours later and I have combination skin. Nars Oil-free primer, Sheer Glow foundation, and this loose powder make for my HG makeup for the office. I used to use this with a big fluffy brush to apply, but that was a disaster and didn't set anything! Only when I started using a puff did this stuff do its job. I love and will repurchase. And yes, the loose powder packaging is a mess and impossible to travel with, boo hoo, but it has a permanent place on my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely product (I have it in Snow). It sets beautifully, and the descriptions before mine are very accurate. Interesting fact: I found NYC's loose powder to be of the same quality, in how finely it is milled, how small it makes my pores look, and in color. It is slightly more pink in color (NYC Translucent v. NARS Snow). So I'm swapping mine and keeping NYC's.