December 22, 2014 | 1642 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Plum Night

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second bottle of this gorgeous shade. It is best described as a perfect eggplant colour- nice deep sophisticated purple/ plum. Looks great on, very chic. It lasts ok, kinda average I'd say. My one issue with it is the brush because it's quite spindly and not the easiest for application. But overall this is a lovely polish and one you are unlikely to regret buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jenniphifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate the formula of these Revlon polishes. They never seem to dry on me. Was also disappointed with the color. It was darker on than in the bottle, and I have enough practically black polishes in my collection. It is pretty when light shines on it, but I was hoping for something truer to the bottle that looks purple all of the time instead of just sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Mees

Love love love this color. It's a really dark dark purple.. at times it may seem black but when light shine on it, it's very beautiful dark purple. I used 2 coats and it's completely opaque. What I love is adding a glitter topcoat on top of this. stunning, stunning, stunning.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by michaelarogers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is another color that I bought right before fall and wore it a lot. I doubt I'll buy it again if only because I don't really like that it goes on so dark that you can barely tell that it's a shade of purple.

The first coat is streaky, I'll agree but to be fair... I don't know anyone that actually only wears one coat... with two coats it's an almost flawless shade of dark purple (like a night sky sort of color.)

I think I bought it for $5 and some change at Wal*Mart. There have been sales since then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I really enjoyed wearing this color. It its a very dark cool plum color that looks almost black far away but in the light n up close you can see that its a dark plum. The polish wears really nicely, I've had it on for full week w/ a top coat and no chipping or peeling whatsoever. There is wearing at the tips from typing but that happens w/ me for all n/p. I took off one lippie for application b/c it was really runny and sort of streaky so it took effort to try to get it on w/o streaks and I had to wipe off and redo some nails. I think the trick is to lay the polish on as flat against the nail as possible and to start in one side of the nail and work over to the other w/o coming back to the side you started on. I tried to start from the center like I always do and work out but that created streaks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sophiejake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got it when discount. Very pretty pure dark purple,with no glitter or Sparkles. Looks really good on nails. loves it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

fabulous color! Love it! At last a dark purple! I got thé lipstick in va va violet, and it's perfect for a dark vamp look! It's a hg color for me!last long!goes well with gold ,pink, plum,purple, make up, to complete the look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Revlon nail polishes they dry so fast and have great staying power. This color is a plum/black color and is gorgeous. Almost like eggplant color but deeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by 002dotjpg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it. I haven't had it streak or peel (use a base coat). Overall, I really like Revlon nail polishes (I suggest "Vixen" also). This is a dark shade; a black-ish color with a deep purple cast.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by xbanannax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this color a lot. It is a dark dark creme plum, so dark it looks almost black in pictures and indoors. However outdoors, the color is more obvious. Two coats are a must (which is normal and what I expect), maybe three.

I only have one gripe about this polish (a pretty small gripe), and it's probably user related. All though I consider myself a pro at applying nail polish, I was not crazy about the application. I never use Revlon polish so I am not acclimated to the brush and formula. The first coat was really streaky and gloppy (almost impossible to make a thin even coat), but dried fast enough. The second coat did the trick.