Maybelline color sensational summer sunset

4.3

For me, this is one of THE most perfect MLBB colors. It's a neutral rosy tone, medium in intensity, but more on the neutral/warm side of rose. It seems a lot of people like nude colors for MLBB, but for me, this is the color I wish my lips were naturally. It's hard for me to explain, but I think it's a browned-down sort of rosy, but not a lot of brown at all .. just enough to tone down the pink. It goes on smoothly, staying power is "eh" but not horrible. Packaging is nice but I find the cap comes off easily which is a PIA if it's in your pocket or purse. It's a good price (I think I got it on sale for about $7 or so) compared to high-end lippies, but for Maybelline, I would expect it to be a couple of dollars cheaper. However, so many of their shades are so nice and long-lasting, I don't mind the price. I think it's one of those colors that might not get a lot of reviews ... it's doesn't look like a "wow" color in the packaging, but as I said, for a MLBB (my lips are fairly pale), I don't think you can go wrong with this color.

I like this one. It is reddish but not red in the classic sense. It is toned down enough so those of us who wish they could carry off red can wear it for a bit of brighter color. I got it super cheap at Walmart and have tried two other colors - Warm Me Up and Tinted Taupe. I like them all and have them in duplicates. I have pretty much stopped buying HE lipstick - there seem to be plenty of cheap alternatives out there.

i use this very red lipstick alone when i have no other make up on my face. looks great for pale girls like me who wants an affordable HG red lipstick :)

such a beautiful color, i love it!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a bit more of a red when I found this. It is very creamy and pigmented, with no sparkles. I found this to be a red-brown color, which is very nice, just not what I was looking for. So, I like this color, but I feel like it is a little more brown than what I usually wear. This would flatter many people, though!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

With a name like "Summer Sunset" I expected a warmer shade (and had I read the trusty MUA reviews first I might have known it pulled pink. That, and Rite Aid lighting sucks because it definitely looked warmer in the store). This is definitely a berry-red and only about a shade deeper than my natural lip color, but still seems too cool for my very warm and currently tan skintone, sadly. This is a very pretty shade despite all this and I can see it working for a lot of gals, but it's not right for me. It's just a bit too cool-toned so I'll have to exchange it for Blushing Brunette or Warm and Cozy, which might be what I'm after, a warm red. Shade aside, I love these lipsticks. I don't notice a scent (at least not this shade); they all have good pigment, don't dry me out, go on smooth, have decent staying power, and gorgeous packaging. A winner of a lipstick overall, just not this shade :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am in love with this lipstick. I lost my MAC's russian red and needed a quick alternative when I picked this up. It glides on my lips so smoothly and feels so moisturizing.

The red is with a hint of pink but it gives a healthy glow to my skin. I have full lips and it fills very nicely, even without lip liner. I love the fact that it is not very drying and that even after a meal, the colour still stay(fades only a little). It's not matte nor is it too shiny. Will definitely get this again.

Very pretty shade, but it pulled too pink/fuchsia on me. It's a vibrant shade and would look great with a suntan. I am fair with yellow-orange skin tone and it made me look too sallow. Such a shame, just much too cool for me. I tend to stick with warmer tones...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a nice red for those of us who don't wear red :) This has a hint of pink that I'm more comfortable with. I would say that this is actually far more dramatic than what I'm used to. Without a tan, this color makes me look a bit drained and tired. But, when I have some color and a full face on, this looks really nice and is bold enough to make the lips the focal point. I am pleased that this is very moisturizing, not too shimmery, not too warm, not too cool but a perfect mix of everything that makes a good l/s. I love the packaging too, very classy and highend inspired.

I picked up this color this past weekend, and I am in love. I have tried several colors in this lipstick line, but I had yet to try one of the reds. I wanted to try a red out but didn't want a true red, so I picked up this color because it was more pink than red. I am so glad I did because the color is beautiful, and perfect for summer.

Recommended for Medium Skin