September 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - color sensational summer sunset

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With a name like "Summer Sunset" I expected a warmer shade (and had I read the trusty MUA reviews first I might have known it pulled pink. That, and Rite Aid lighting sucks because it definitely looked warmer in the store). This is definitely a berry-red and only about a shade deeper than my natural lip color, but still seems too cool for my very warm and currently tan skintone, sadly. This is a very pretty shade despite all this and I can see it working for a lot of gals, but it's not right for me. It's just a bit too cool-toned so I'll have to exchange it for Blushing Brunette or Warm and Cozy, which might be what I'm after, a warm red. Shade aside, I love these lipsticks. I don't notice a scent (at least not this shade); they all have good pigment, don't dry me out, go on smooth, have decent staying power, and gorgeous packaging. A winner of a lipstick overall, just not this shade :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by hearmiaroar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am in love with this lipstick. I lost my MAC's russian red and needed a quick alternative when I picked this up. It glides on my lips so smoothly and feels so moisturizing.

The red is with a hint of pink but it gives a healthy glow to my skin. I have full lips and it fills very nicely, even without lip liner. I love the fact that it is not very drying and that even after a meal, the colour still stay(fades only a little). It's not matte nor is it too shiny. Will definitely get this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty shade, but it pulled too pink/fuchsia on me. It's a vibrant shade and would look great with a suntan. I am fair with yellow-orange skin tone and it made me look too sallow. Such a shame, just much too cool for me. I tend to stick with warmer tones...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is a nice red for those of us who don't wear red :) This has a hint of pink that I'm more comfortable with. I would say that this is actually far more dramatic than what I'm used to. Without a tan, this color makes me look a bit drained and tired. But, when I have some color and a full face on, this looks really nice and is bold enough to make the lips the focal point. I am pleased that this is very moisturizing, not too shimmery, not too warm, not too cool but a perfect mix of everything that makes a good l/s. I love the packaging too, very classy and highend inspired.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

I picked up this color this past weekend, and I am in love. I have tried several colors in this lipstick line, but I had yet to try one of the reds. I wanted to try a red out but didn't want a true red, so I picked up this color because it was more pink than red. I am so glad I did because the color is beautiful, and perfect for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kaylar

I love this color! I bought it off ebay as none of the stores in my town stocked it. I ASSumed based on the name that it would be an updated version of the discontinued (?) Maybelline's Desert Sunset-a red or red orange. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a medium/deep pink, with maybe a faint red tint. It's a lovely color, one that should be flattering to a very wide range of complexions, as it's not quite neutral , not really warm, not exactly cool...Just a lovely shade, with good texture and coverage : Not too moist or too dry, spreads evenly...I will definitely stock up on this, as I know that since I like it it's doomed, just like every shade of lipstick I've loved (Jane's Browned Down Red, Rimmel's Azteque, Rimmel's Rose, L'erin's Rose of Araby and Dusty Pink, too many other shades to list here...)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by pminner1

Love it! I am a chanel fan for the color and texture, but this is the best everyday lipstick I own. It is the perfect pop of color and feels great on. It really last on your lips too. I will continue to buy this color and the fact that is so inexpensive is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by TahneeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Emphatic YES I would buy this product again. If you've tried the color sensational line you know how great the pigmentation and consistency is, but this one is the most phenomenal color. It's pinkish, reddish, plumish, brownish, needless to say multidimensional and very MLBB. Slight shimmer keeps it from looking flat giving it even more dimension. Oh my, it's a beauty.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Lipsticklilly58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with Seadoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful pink/red, not too bright with a tiny bit of shimmer. I agree with the reviewer below me, this can be worn day or night.