Agadir Hair Oil

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil (Argan), Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum)

I love love love this oil! I had so many split ends and now they are pretty much gone. I have gotten many compliments in the past week about how my hair looks fluffy, shiny, and soft. It feels healthy and fluffy also! And the smell is amazing.. it reminds me of african spices mixed with something sweet.. kind of musky if you will. And im okay with the price because it lasts a while(: i tried some john freida frizz control and it didnt compare to this. This oils texture is thick and smooth. I love it!

on 1/1/2014 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the BEST hair product I've come across. It is quite pricy, but imagine having the best hair day ever-it exists in this bottle and range of other products. (Besides shampoo and conditioner-not rich enough for me) it's slippery texture smooths down hair while making it feel light and bouncy-no weigh down whatsoever if you use it correctly. My hair is shiny, soft, manageable and full. For reference, I have incredibly thick, dry hair that has been damaged with dye and heat. -if you have thin hair go for the mousse which gives similar results + volume- I haven't found another product that works as good, but bio silk and chi silk infusion are in the same ballpark. I feel like this ones also better for your hair, as I can feel the difference after a period of time. Another awesome plus is the fact that it doesn't contain any alcohol-score! The only complaint I have about this product is the price. $34 for 4 oz is ridiculous. Luckily, my mother has a beauty license and get it at a local salon shop for $20. even then I use so much every day it becomes a hassle to buy. Another thing I'm not completely in love with is the smell, not that it's bad. I just prefer light fruity smells, but this one is rich and musky. Overall I completely recommend.

on 8/4/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff delivers. If you can get past the scent, which isn't bad and doesn't linger, your hair will have a healthy-- not greasy-- sheen that lasts for about two days. Also, it leaves your hair SO smooth and there's no build up so you can use it regularly. After using both the oil treatment and the spray for about a year, it still performs and I still love it!

on 7/28/2013 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As a hairdresser I've used this on clients and fell in love and now I use this until each and every last drop then buy more (I've gone through many of these bottles!) If used appropriately, I find this lasts me months and I have long hair. If bought from a hair supply store its cheaper but even so this stuff is worth the money. I went from black to platinum blonde and my hair was in poor brittle condition... I used this and within a few weeks my hair stopped breaking, it was soft and glossy and healthy again. and It smells delicious, it's not greasy or messy, doesn't weigh the hair down, you dont need much, leaves hair soft silky and shiny and smelling good...love it love it!!!

on 6/6/2013 6:01:00 PM

When I was considering buying this oil, I didn't see that many comparisons with the original/namebrand Moroccan Oil. I went through 2 bottles of the Moroccan Oil and really loved it. I have frizzy hair that can be tamed and conditioned thoroughly with Moroccan Oil. However, I feel the Moroccan Oil is overpriced for what it is--some silicones mixed with Argan Oil.

I have been using the Agadir Oil for about three weeks now. I have thick hair just below my shoulders; after showering, I use about a nickel-sized dollop of this stuff. In my opinion, the Agadir Oil weighs my hair down a little less than the Moroccan Oil with similar smoothing effects. The Agadir Oil comes in a plastic container instead of a glass one, which I prefer. It's also easier to dispense because the Agadir Oil has a squeezable bottle with a small opening, whereas the Moroccan Oil has a completely open top and I find it more difficult to dispense. Also, if you compare the ingredients of the two hair oils, Agadir hair oil has argan oil higher on the ingredients list, and also has no added colors.

Given the price difference, I would definitely say go for the Agadir Oil over the Moroccan Oil. I really don't notice a difference in my hair between the two, and I feel like I use slightly less of the Agadir Oil than the Moroccan Oil. Also, I bought from Drugstore.com for a very good price (2 fl oz for $19, which I bought so I could take it on my carry on; they also have a 4 fl oz size for $30, which I will buy next time).

on 4/21/2013 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product works well for me if I blow dry/iron my hair - instantly soft, smooth and straight. Smells pleasant too.

But after a while I find that it doesn't seem to do much in terms of taming the frizz on hair that's been air dried (and I live in a humid, tropical climate - a.k.a frizz-ville), and while using it to smooth the ends does make it soft, the effect is only temporary.

I've since moved on to Kerastase Elixir Ultime which I find suits me better as a multi purpuse, overall product that's much more lightweight and smells more divine.

on 2/10/2013 9:10:00 PM

This product has completely transformed my strictly-average hair into a shiny, gorgeous mane.

I have used the Agadir Argan Oil spray for a couple years and it was ok, but about 6 months ago I got a few little samples of this oil and put them away for a rainy day. About a month ago, out of boredom, I opened one of the samples, applied about a nickel-sized amount to my color-treated, middle-aged, fine, shoulder-length hair. I put my hair in a bun and let it air dry (my usual routine to bring out the waves in my hair). When I took my now-dry hair out of the bun, it honestly looked like someone had magically replaced my hair with someone else's hair - it was THICK, lustrous, gorgeous defined waves...I was shocked and delighted but also skeptical; sometimes just using a new product can temporarily transform hair.

So, I used up all my samples, with the same amazing results. Then I ran out of samples, and went back to the spray....and back to my limp, dry, boring old hair. After about a week of this, I went and bought a bottle of the Agadir Oil ($19/2 oz at my local Wegmans) and since then my hair has been reliably fantastic. I am over the moon with this product and simultaneously terrified of ever being without it. Pretty sure I'll start hoarding it soon. :)

on 2/5/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Pretty good so far and hopefully it won't cause too much buildup, hair behaved pretty well, I think that I do get similar results with Garnier Moroccan Sleek oil for a lot less money than this, Garnier doesn't smell as strong as this product, this oil smells like Cover Girl Navy perfume from the 90's and it does linger.
EDIT: This makes my hair look really beautiful, turns my wavy hair into perfect shiny curls, Garnier doesn't do that.

on 1/26/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Smells beyond amazing- even my co-workers comment on how good my hair smells, smooths and protects reasonably well, and is all-natural. Love it

on 12/23/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is an awesome product but its sooooo expensive (25 dollars for a tiny little bottle of this oil) i cant afford this all the time so i use the oil sparingly and it makes my hair super smooth and shiny.

Popular Hair Products