Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

3.8

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, [ /-(may Contain): Boron Nitride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Red 40 Lake (ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (ci 42090), Carmine (ci 75470), Aluminum Powder (ci 77000), Ltramarines (ci 77007), Black 2 (ci 77266), Chromium Hydroxide Green (ci 77289), Iron Oxides (ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (ci 77510), Manganese Violet (ci 77742), Titanium Dioxide (ci 77891)].

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I had a very bad experience with this eyeliner. It cost me about 9 from ebay shipped from Poland, which was pretty pricey. I don't usually like buying makeup from that site because I've received fakes in the past and it has made me very wary of ebay sellers. But I couldn't find this anywhere else so I bit the bullet. The packaging is very flimsy and cheap looking - thin plastic with a screw on plastic top.

There is a lot of product. You only need a teeny tiny bit, literally just one quick swipe and you have enough. This looks like it would last a long time.

The consistency is creamy, thick and a very rich deep black color.

The bad part: this liner smudges and transfers like no other. It is also soooo messy and thick that it is absolutely impossible to draw a neat line AND it is very difficult to remove once it is dry, so if you happen to accidentally smear it on your hand or clothing, you will be trying to get it off for ages. Once it is on your eyes, again, very difficult to remove, which sounds like it would be a good thing, right? Yet somehow, at the same time, it manages to smear everywhere and bleed. How is this possible? Once it's on, it ain't coming off. It is impossible to fix so if you make a mistake, you'll know it. However, I was very impressed with the color so I decided to tolerate all the liner's shortcomings.

Now for the ugly: after about 2 weeks of wearing this liner daily, one morning straight after applying it, my eyes began to redden and I noticed an uncomfortable tightness and scratchy feeling in my throat. I realised I was having an allergic reaction: after having ZERO allergies my entire life, and immediately rinsed all my makeup off. I spent the rest of the day feeling nauseated, exhausted and feeling short of breath.

The incident left me quite traumatised: so after testing and re-testing various makeup to see what the problem was, it turned out to be this stuff! The Inglot liner in 77. Now I have absolutely no idea what ingredient caused this: I am seeing a dermatologist next week to try and find out, but I have honestly never had any allergy to makeup after a good 10 years of experimenting and it scares me that one measly product could provoke such a reaction. I know there are a lot of silicones and an anti bacterial chemical which I suspect may be the culprit. But I have never heard of anyone else having a negative experience with this stuff - who knows, maybe I got a bad batch or something - but I will definitely never be touching this stuff again.

on 2/15/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am surprised by all the negative comments for Inglot gel liners - this is the BEST gel liner out there IMO in terms of formulation and staying power, opacity, vibrancy, variety, and affordability and bang for your buck.

These gel liners are incredibly easy to apply-they glide on smooth and one swipe is all it takes. Colors are true and what you see in jar is what you get once applied. These are highly pigmented, unlike so many other gel liners on the market (both high and low end). The variety in shades is incredible! At last count I believe there were 27 shades and maybe more have been added for all I know. And lemmie tell ya, I own every color in the line except white, the blues (I think there are 3), yellow, silver/greys, and the brown shades. My very favorites are all the purples (73, 74, 75, 82, 83, and 100), the deep green (86) and turquoise (87), the red (79) - very fun colors which are a lot more wearable than one would initially think [sidenote: I tend to pair up these in your face shades with a nude lip so that I don't end up looking like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show]....

I noticed the complaints have to do with staying power and smudge factor... I have to say those complaints may be valid. However, I haven't had that issue because I have SUPER oily lids and therefore always use a powerful primer with this product (Urban Decay). Also I only line my top lid and haven't lined the bottom or my waterline in over 20 years. Given this, if you use a primer you should be A-OK and reap the full benefits of these gel liners.

on 2/2/2015 8:07:00 AM

This is literally the only gel liner I will use, even though I own 15+ gel liners if I can't find this one I just go without liner! Glides on like a dream,especially when used with Inglots Duraline! The blackest black,completely matte and lasts all day! HG gel liner :-)

on 1/30/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this liner. When I first got it, it was incredible! It glided on so smoothly and it is the perfect black. It was too smooth though. I didn't let it "dry" long enough (a couple seconds) and it smudged on my upper lid. When I used a q-tip to clean it, it smudged onto my nose on accident. When I tried to get that, it smudged somewhere else. I really made a mess that first time!

So I stuck to the my Mac liner until a few months later when I finally ran out. And I turned back to the Inglot liner. It dried up a lot. And that's being said when the lid was on tight and I didn't even open it once during that whole time. But even though it's drier and harder to apply, at least it doesn't get everywhere.

I do notice it smudges a little on my upper eyelid because I have super oily lids.

But after washing my face, it hardly budges at all. I do try to keep soap away from my eye area but it's inevitable. I just don't scrub there.

I just ordered Duraline to combat the dryness. Hopefully I don't make a mess of things again.

So basically it's super waterproof and black but it can be too easy to make a mess when it's really fresh and it dries out too fast.

on 1/12/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am very disappointed with this product to be honest.

The product itself glides on like a dream, the formula is creamy and easy to work with. It's also very pigmented, more so then some higher end gel liners.

Unfortunately, it smears and runs after an hour or two. I tried using this with several primers (drugstore and high end) to no avail. It is a nightmare to remove as well (only an oil based remover will work). It really reminds me of using a standard liquid liner.

If you have oily lids like me or your eyes water easily, then don't bother with this stuff.

on 1/4/2015 5:20:00 PM

Ok first of all know that I have tried EVERYTHING! From numerous eyelid primers to every sort of liquid, gel, pencil eyeliner ranging from wet n' wild and maybeline to MAC black track, Stila 24/7, MUFE Aqua eyes, and Laura Mercier tightline cake eyeliner and ALWAYS end up with panda eyes within an hour or 2. Oh wait...I've also tried every sealing spray and finishing powder out there too. Didn't help.

I too watched a YouTube video a previous poster mentioned (I'm thinking it was the same) and finally ordered the matte 77. (I THINK) this is a possible HG! I used a flat tip brush (oddly enough purchased from Michaels...cheap and works well) and a very light hand because I was trying this on my tightline and waterline. It goes on dark, dries quickly and most importantly...LASTS! Now, I will say I used the LM cake eyeliner dry over the Inglot to set it. It lasted all day and....for days to come which I then awoke with panda eyes day after day even after going makeup free over holiday break. Make sure you have a good waterproof eye makeup remover because this stuff lasts and lasts.

Now...I have been on Christmas break (I'm a teacher) and not worn this to work where I notice the panda eyes the most (because I teach...hard? Lol no I just move around a lot) but I am going to try it out tomorrow and come back and update.

I think it is important to use the product sparingly (in a thin layer) so it can fully dry...or blast your eyes with the cool setting on the hairdryer! I so hope this performs like it did on Christmas Day! I was really impressed!

Update 4/26/15 Don't really use this anymore. It gums up your brushes something horrible and I found that it didn't stay put as much as I had hoped. With the Laura Mercier tight liner you could control the amount you use...but with the Inglot Gel i always had clumps and would have to grab a qtip quickly plus I dropped the container and broke a nice chunk out of it lol.
Just bought Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner in Chocolate shimmer (much more flattering than harsh black on me). Now I love THIS one but I seem to have a honeymoon period

on 12/13/2014 7:42:00 AM

Sigh, I really really REALLY wanted to love this liner, but it smudges and I get panda eyes. The bottom smears and parts of the top fade away. This was such a disappointing product for me, I even bought two of them because of all the awesome things I heard about it. It's dark, rich, and creamy, but smudges rather quickly. Only essence and macs fluidline have proven to work for me (bbs works pretty well but it's not as opaque as I would like).

on 12/10/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Im an avid watcher of Youtube and i like to research stuff before buying these days, so im on the hunt for the "perfect gel liner" well thats where this gel liner comes in rave reviews saying its the blackest black so i ordered this off the inglot website along with the Duraliner and was excited to use a high end makeup, big mistake
Pros very black and matte, easy to apply because its very creamyill
Cons doesnt stay on waterline and smudges on bottom lashes

I can say i will not repurchase this because my Ruby Kissses gel liner, Black Radiance Creme Liner and Wet N Wild cream liner can give this a Run for its money these do the same thing as a matter of fact i did a side by side comparison between the Inglot and Black Radiance and both held up a 9 hour shift at work , so i guess its not so a keeper for i will keep it and use it until it dries

on 12/9/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got 77 (black), I thought I reviewed this already oh well, well here goes: it's awesome! Best gel eyeliner but so God help you if you make a mistake coz it dries so quickly!! It's perfect for me coz I have alternately watery then dry eyes & extremely oily skin. I use a skinny brush from a nail art set i got at Kmart to apply it. I got mine off of Beautylish dotcom & I will def replace when/if I use it up or it becomes too dry to work with so far not had that problem, I keep if tightly capped when not in use. This stuff will not budge, I love it coz I get panda eyes from every other gel except inglot & essence gel liners. It's rich!!

on 12/8/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great pigmentation. Good staying power. Not so great on waterline guaranteed to bleed! But awesome on top lid. Haven't had any problems with it drying up but can see potential for it if not careful.

Top Rated Inglot Products