September 19, 2014 | 1258 users online

Eyeliner - Inglot - Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been eyeing those gel eyeliners since Inglot came to Europe so I decided to take the plunge and I bought #90 which is a deep dark brown.

The pot is wide in width and quite short in height, made of plastic, with a black cap.

The gel consistency is opaque, not like some gel eyeliners that provide transparent coverage.

Also, the texture is soft and moist, meaning that you should not dip your brush in with full force because you might get a lot of product and result in wasting much of it.

The best thing about this eyeliner is the staying power. I personally use if on my eyebrows because i have small and sparse that need constant shaping and nothing else has worked for me. This gel eyeliner stays on my brows for hours even when my forehead starts to gel a bit oily (due to my combination skin).

In a few words:

PROS:
-Amazing staying power
-Lovely texture
-Opaque color
-A little goes a very long way, meaning that you won't need a second one anytime soon
-Amazingly affordable price
-Great quality

CONS:
-Dries quickly, so you must work it quickly. This is probably the only negative I can think of.

Overall I think it is a great bargain and I definitely recommend it to everyone who is interested in trying it out. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Maroko

i bought numb 90, which is a dark brown, i wanted a change from the usual black eyeliner (& they didnt have that in stock at the time anw) its THE best gel eyeliner, its so smooth, pigmented, and most importantly didnt smudge or move all day long (it stayed put from 11 AM til 8 PM on my EXTREMELY oily lids) i found it better than the maybelline gel eyeliner, that dried out really quicly and is now rock hard, i dont see the inglot amc gel eyeliner drying anytime soon

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

#77 Hands down the blackest eyeliner out there. I have dark pigmentation on my eyelids and blacktrack does not show up well on my eyes. But this is creamy, smooth and stays put all day. Make sure to work really fast as it will dry very quickly; consequently, correcting mistakes is nearly impossible with this eyeliner but if is still my #1

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Finality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was amazing when I first bought it--it was a much cheaper but equally effective version of Blacktrack by MAC. Unfortunately, it dried up VERY quickly for me, and I only use eyeliner every once in a while (maybe once or twice a month, if that, so it definitely should not have dried up from being open during use). It is now very clumpy when I apply it to the brush, and it balls up at the tip, making it quite messy to apply. I might give it another shot by purchasing another pot to see if the one I got was defective, but all I know is that my Blacktrack took AGES to dry up, whereas this took almost no time at all. I also noticed that another reviewer said she noticed hers decreasing in quality after transporting it in a bag on an airplane, and I feel like mine might have done the same. Either way, I've taken Blacktrack with me on a plane multiple times and never had that happen.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I was so excited to try this gel liner because of the great reviews, I've always desperately been on a search for an eyeliner that would stay on my waterline, & this is/was my first gel liner. Since I've never previously used a gel liner before, I really didn't know what to expect. I got this in the Matte Black (#77) & the color itself is a phenomenal shade of black, (I must say). But aside from that, this eyeliner didn't deliver. This looked perfect when I first put it on, but when I looked in the mirror an hour later it smudged & smeared all on the inside of my eye in the corners to the outside creases. Another major problem was that this eyeliner cracks (at least on the waterline it does), so little hard pieces of this eyeliner got in my eyes & hurt/scratched my eyes until I removed this. To be fair, I have only used this on my waterline...so this may work better on actual skin (upper lid). Only positives are the colors & this does have a creamy/smooth glide. Other than that, not a great choice. I will not repurchase & now I'm scared to try out other gel liners.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Elizarroyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm torn about the #77 at the end of the day I don't think I would repurchase this. I was very excited because of all the great reviews. Yes it is hands down the smoothest and creamiest gel liner, and yes the pigmentation is a beautiful dark black. However, it keeps smearing down the inner corner of my eyes and my upper eyelids! At first I thought I didn't have enough primer on but it just keeps happening. Like the other reviews said, the next morning you still happen to get a reside even when you think you were able to clean it all off. I really wanted to love this product but I just can't.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best things about these eyeliners are the color variety and rich pigmentation. I swatched a whole bunch on my hand when I was in the store, and was blown away. I kept browsing and swatching more shadows and other products on my hand as I played in the store like a kid in a candy shop. At the end, I rubbed off all the swatches of gunk I had on my hands with a remover solution and cotton swab. Everything came off my hands effortlessly, except for these eyeliners. They WOULD NOT COME OFF! I was ecstatic! I'd never seen anything with such staying power. I bought the deep plum and dark grey liners.

Hmmmmm..... The staying power exhibited on my hand was not at all replicated on my eyes. They are gorgeously pigmented, but their staying power is not as impressive as even many of the drugstore cream/get eyeliners I have. These don't hold a candle to L'Oreal, Wet n Wild, or even ELF cream liners. Nevermind Smashbox or Stila. I've never had any of those fade or smudge off. The Inglot liners did not stay put for even a couple of hours, and that was on top of the legendary Nars eye primer.

No bueno.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lucyfw

I was very disappointed with this product. At first I was impressed with the high pigment of the colour (number 90) when I bought it on holiday in NYC. However on returning home, I found the product all dried up. I'm assuming that it must have something to do with the flight and being in the hold. As a result, I wouldn't buy again unless Inglot started selling their products in British stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by hs1baker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this in #77 Matte Black. For me, it is waterproof and smudgeproof. It dries fast as the others have said, so you need to work quickly. It's great for waterline, tightline and winged out liner. If you have oily lids then it may move the product and break it down, but, for the price, it's worth a shot. I have never had it flake and it's a beautiful matte black - not shiny at all, which is what I prefer. I am a MUA and have tried alot of gel liners and this would be in my top 2 - MAC Blacktrack would be the other.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

SO disappointed with this! Don't know if I got a dud or what, but this just didn't deliver!

I read all the positive reviews and did some research about this eyeliner gel, and I was confident that it would work for me (I've been hunting for a waterproof eyeliner for my wedding), boy was I wrong...
For context I tightline my upper lid, and my upper water line and I am looking for something long wearing with little to ideally no transfer.

The texture is very nice - velvety and smooth - I found it easy to apply, the colour is rich and highly pigmented. I made a mistake in application and it was incredibly difficult to remove/correct, which I took as a good (if annoying, lol) sign. However, within an hour, this eyeliner was all over my bottom lid/waterline, and in the corners of my eyes! The colour was literally bleeding all over the place, I couldn't believe it - I really did look a panda.

I thought I'd be fine with this gel because I usually use a gel eyeliner (MAC fluidline in Blacktrack), I don't have oily lids, and I primed... but no such luck.

I've purchased Duraline which apparently extends life and staying power, so I will write an updated review when I try the gel mixed with it, but for now, I am sadly disappointed and will be sticking to my MAC gel eyeliner as it doesn't transfer anywhere near as much. If Duraline proves to work I might try that with my MAC as well and see if I can accomplish what I'm looking for.

To summarise In a nutshell:
PROS:
-highly pigmented
-velvety and easy to apply
-inexpensive
-plain and functional packaging

CONS:
-difficult to correct
-short wearing
-MASSIVE amount of transfer

Unless the Duraline delivers a miracle, I definitely won't repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No