April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Eyeliner - Inglot - Eyeliner Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lucyfw

I was very disappointed with this product. At first I was impressed with the high pigment of the colour (number 90) when I bought it on holiday in NYC. However on returning home, I found the product all dried up. I'm assuming that it must have something to do with the flight and being in the hold. As a result, I wouldn't buy again unless Inglot started selling their products in British stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by hs1baker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this in #77 Matte Black. For me, it is waterproof and smudgeproof. It dries fast as the others have said, so you need to work quickly. It's great for waterline, tightline and winged out liner. If you have oily lids then it may move the product and break it down, but, for the price, it's worth a shot. I have never had it flake and it's a beautiful matte black - not shiny at all, which is what I prefer. I am a MUA and have tried alot of gel liners and this would be in my top 2 - MAC Blacktrack would be the other.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

SO disappointed with this! Don't know if I got a dud or what, but this just didn't deliver!

I read all the positive reviews and did some research about this eyeliner gel, and I was confident that it would work for me (I've been hunting for a waterproof eyeliner for my wedding), boy was I wrong...
For context I tightline my upper lid, and my upper water line and I am looking for something long wearing with little to ideally no transfer.

The texture is very nice - velvety and smooth - I found it easy to apply, the colour is rich and highly pigmented. I made a mistake in application and it was incredibly difficult to remove/correct, which I took as a good (if annoying, lol) sign. However, within an hour, this eyeliner was all over my bottom lid/waterline, and in the corners of my eyes! The colour was literally bleeding all over the place, I couldn't believe it - I really did look a panda.

I thought I'd be fine with this gel because I usually use a gel eyeliner (MAC fluidline in Blacktrack), I don't have oily lids, and I primed... but no such luck.

I've purchased Duraline which apparently extends life and staying power, so I will write an updated review when I try the gel mixed with it, but for now, I am sadly disappointed and will be sticking to my MAC gel eyeliner as it doesn't transfer anywhere near as much. If Duraline proves to work I might try that with my MAC as well and see if I can accomplish what I'm looking for.

To summarise In a nutshell:
PROS:
-highly pigmented
-velvety and easy to apply
-inexpensive
-plain and functional packaging

CONS:
-difficult to correct
-short wearing
-MASSIVE amount of transfer

Unless the Duraline delivers a miracle, I definitely won't repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by june630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG.......this eyeliner is so waterproof

i usually do not care how much the product cost, as long as it is good, because it takes me a very long time to finish a product.......so......i think the quality is more important than the price

HOWEVER

this eyeliner is both economical and extremely good quality

ive tried many gel eyeliner, this is totally smudgeproof, even you cry on your wedding day
it beats mac, stila and bobbie brown........in my opinion

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by pooot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so torn with this product! It's definitely better than my Maybelline gel liner, but not as smudgeproof as my Stila gel liner. However, it does not dry out as quickly as the Stila gel liner, which says a lot about their formula.

At first swipe, I LOVE the Inglot gel liner. It's super matte black and creamy when applied. The product does ball/clump up on the brush sometimes, though.

I heard people saying they love this because it is waterproof and smudgeproof, but that is not the case for my oily lids. I always end up with a little bit of raccoon eyes towards the end of the day, yet my eyeliner is still jet black. So, on hot days or when I'm going out I'll set this with a waterproof liquid liner and I'm good to go. I definitely don't use this on the waterline on special days, even though it applies so creamy.

PROS:
Dark, matte, black
Creamy
Doesn't dry out too quickly

CONS:
Not smudgeproof
Not waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

Im seriously obsessed with this gel liner. It is super matte black. Incredibly creamy if not almost liquid like when you dip your brush into it. & goes on so easily. It stays put all day and does not smudge or bleed. This beats MAC blacktrack fluidline without a question & its cheaper, doesnt dry out or crack either. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Carollyn123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is underrated on the market. When I first bought the AMC gel liner in #77 matte black, it came down between this and the MAC blacktrack Fluidline. This was the first gel liner I had used so I wasn't too sure what I was meant to expect. Overall, I have been using this for 6 months now, and I love it (plus I still have half of the product left!). It has great pigmentation and perfect opaque black. Totally smudgeproof. I can go to the gym and it will still be in perfect condition by the end of my session. Dries quickly, which can be a con, because if you work a little slower (I do a wing as my everyday look, so if I stuff it up and try to fix it up, the formula is already dry and difficult to correct). Also, as it dries quickly, I find that by the time I move on to my second eye or am doing touch ups, the product dries on my brush and starts to tug on my eyelids, which makes it difficult to work with. Little difficult to remove, but I guess that is expected from a long-wearing eyeliner.

Overall, it is a great product and would gladly repurchase. Only reason it loses a lippy is that it tugs a little

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I just bought Inglot eyeliner in dark brown (#90).

Pigmented & opaqued enough to complete the eye in one stroke. Drying matte means they look exactly the colour you want them to be in, so none of those shiny brown/green/red crap.

Dries quite quickly, so amateur beware! Also dries in the pot quickly too so store it upside down.
Should be used with a bent eyeliner brush for best effect.

Do they flake or fracture after drying down to matte finish? I cannot be sure as I've not worn it for very long yet, only everyday for work... so around 8 hours.

Some says it is hard to remove but fine for me as I use oil cleanser.

Most amazing thing? It comes in 20 colours and some are really unusual.

My current HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by cherzleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with amandafailureprincess (review below).

I tried this on my hand before purchasing it and was amazed that it remained on my hand even after I washed it with handsoap and applied handcream. It lasted the entire day .. or more..

So I decided to purchase the product the next day. Oh boy I was so disappointed. I have oily lids and I will always prime my lids before applying any products and so far, maybeline gel liner has been good to me. The only problem that it fades towards the end of the day. I can live with that.

INGLOT eye liner - I cant accept. It flakes within a few hours gave me panda eyes before lunch. Urgh. So my theory is this, the back of your hands does not sweat neither as much as your eyelids. So what may be good on the skin at the back of your hands can be nasty on your eyelids. And yeah, I have tried to powder after application, prime, setting spray. Nothing works. I give up.

I want to give this product away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by amandafailureprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so confused! I feel almost like I must have either got some crazy, alien version of this product (purchased from a pro makeup store so I know it's legit) or they changed the formula. I went through the negative reviews and even the bad ones say it was difficult to remove. For me, the opposite is true! I bought the white and the bright blue. They apply nicely, but much more watery than most reviews say (I think this improves with time as they dry out because the ones in the store weren't like this). I did a test to see if the colors I wanted most (white, bright blue, milky cyan) were dupes for the Lime Crime liquid liners and they are almost an exact match, with the LC blue being slightly less purple and a touch brighter. I swatched both brands side by side and later when I washed my hands, the LC came off with one wash and the Inglot stayed put after two. I was amazed! Here's the problem: The Inglot liners do actually come off easily, but with slight rubbing as opposed to water. They roll and flake off the skin almost like liquid latex (eyelash glue, etc.). I noticed this on my hand after I had already bought them, but I'd hoped it was because of the two washes. No luck, as they do this on my eye as well. The blue is the one I tested wearing out tonight and it faded terribly (with primer) and flaked off easily at the end of the night with a rub from my finger. This was to my grandma's birthday dinner, so I don't even want to know how it will wear for a night of dancing! I'm so disappointed! Not only because I can't return them, but because this was a product I actually believed the hype of (rare for me) and I ADORE the colors. I will consider getting the Lime Crime ones now, even though I don't love that brand, the price, or the floppy brush applicator. I keep hoping something will magically change... it's so strange! I'll also try the bright blue and white MAC Chromaline. I have the black Fluidline and never experienced anything like this. I have oily lids and things do fade/smear easily on me, but Fluidline wears much better and never flakes and rolls off.