Stila Kitten Lip Glaze

3.8

on 1/31/2012 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I LOVE this glaze! I have this in a mini I got in a set around Christmas and I will definitely be picking up a full size. It's an AWESOME golden-peach color with really pretty shimmers in it. It is sticky, but to me sticky glosses seem to last longer, and it doesn't really bother me. It has a really yummy vanilla smell/taste.

I like how it is a brush applicator but I feel like it's easy to waste product since it's a twist up kind of packaging.

I, too, had never tried Stila before, but am a HUGE fan of this glaze! Firstly, the smell is divine. Like honey? Vanilla? Not sure, but its delicious :) I was weary at first about the colour, because usually i steer clear of bronze and go for pinks, but it is truly flattering. I can imagine the shade working for almost anyone for any outfit. At first, i kept twisting and nothing came out :( But then a big glob surfaced at the tip. Had i know, i would have twisted a little more carefully :P

So i over-applied initially, and it seemed quite sticky, but after a few mins the shine and colour were AMAZING and the stickiness had gone away almost completely.

I can see why this is a cult classic. As for price, $22 US dollars seems fair to me, but at Mecca Cosmetica (our try-hard version of Sephora but way smaller) it retails for $48 AU dollars. Excuse me if i sound cheap, but HELLZ NO.

Wasting a $50 note on a tiny lip gloss? Uh, no. Thats disgusting and robbery on the highway. Not even the super-high Australian prices at the Benefit counters will charge that much for a Benefit gloss - and they're usually overpriced. I dont think Sephora or Stila website ship to Australia, but if anyone knows of a legitimate retailer that will ship here, let me know.

So all in all, at the US price, this is a great buy. Excellent formula, fantastic smell, gorgeous colour and long-lasting wear. Big fan.

Will absolutely repurchase at the US price and will recommend to anyone who'll listen ;)

on 9/1/2011 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the first time I've bought Stila cosmetics. They were having a sale and I purchase the Lip Glaze color set for about 20% of the original price. The real reason I purchase it was so that could get their signature "Kitten."

This is a sheer gloss with a peachy base with a peach-gold shimmer. So this gloss can work with those who has a peach or a golden undertone. The reason this happens to be a cult favorite is because it is very wearable and a perfect neutral.

The application is a pen form and all you do is twist the bottom to the right and the product come right out.

This works quite well with Black skin tones, I'm NC45 with yellow and orange undertones. This product was introduced to me by someone who is NW50 with peach undertones.

Lastly, this lip glaze and be heavy but it last several hours.

on 6/4/2011 4:27:00 PM

I love Stila glazes. The beautiful glossy look is so sexy that it's hard for me to dislike any of them, even if the color isn't something I'd normally care for. Unfortunately Kitten falls into that latter category... it's a bronzed, shimmery carmel-peach and would probably look fantastic on a tanned person. On me, it just looks eh. But I still wear it because the overall smooth texture and shine look great.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'd so often heard of Stila Kitten being a cult product that when I saw a cheap pack of the eyeshadow and lipglaze on Sephora I jumped on it.
I like the texture and feel of this lipglaze. It feels nice on the lips, not drying, not tacky nor sticky. The color I find to be okay. Its a pretty color, natural, but nothing too special on its own. Its versatile and goes well over other colors. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy this again.

Edit: this color has grown on me a lot. This is so versatile and goes with so many colors, but in terms of the clothes you're wearing and also with other lipsticks. I'm intrigued with the orange lip trend right now, but I'm a bright lip wimp! I've used this over a bright orangey-coraly-red lips (blotted) and it looks bright but not neon. Works for me!

on 2/26/2011 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a flattering, easy-to-wear shade. The lip glaze line is also nice, because they are moisturizing, long-lasting, and slightly flavored.

on 2/9/2011 5:12:00 PM

I bought this as part of Stila's 2010 Holiday palette, and really like it. It's a sheer, shimmery peachy color, with fine bronzy glitter. It is a really nice alternative to a nude lip, especially when wearing darker/heavier eyeshadow. I will repurchase when I run out.

on 1/31/2011 3:28:00 PM

I love the color! It is not sticky at all. It last for a good amount of time and also gives a little moisture to my lips. I keep it in my purse and use it on a daily basis, at least 3 times a day. It's great for on the go.

on 1/29/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Stila Lip Glazes but, this is not my color...it's to bronzey for my fair skin. It just does look good. I wish it did...but it doesn't. I still love many other colors this one just didn't do it for me.

on 1/18/2011 9:30:00 AM

I love it! I'm a fan of all Stila Lip Glazes.
I think the brush is too cute and it makes application quick and precise. Also, the texture is really thick, but not in a sticky way. It just feels rich and smooth and silky. It's amazing.
I'm here to review this color and I must say- it's GORGEOUS. By far my favorite out of the seven lip glazes I own. It's nude, but darker than my (somewhat light) skintone. Also super shimmery, not to a point where there's chunks of glitter though. The light will catch the gloss perfectly. It's a tad expensive ($22 for .08 ounces!) but it's Stila so hey.
Love it and you will too.

Warning- yes the twisty thing takes forever in the beginning so anticipate the gloss coming out at anytime. <3

Popular Lip Glosses