November 22, 2014 | 952 users online

Highlighters - Maybelline - Mineral Power Illuminating Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

why didn't i listen to all the reviews?! although i bought it for half price but still it's a waste of money. the glitter is too much and too big. on top of that the powder is shimmery. I think I can say this is a shimmery powder with a lot of glitter that doesn't last long on your face.
Please don't waste your money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by tropicalchicko7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter.. i have it in 'nude', i've also had it for about 2 years and i'm convinced it will last for another 10 years because there is so much product and you only need a small amount! To me this is a very high quality product for the price, and it adds the perfect amount of sparkle to make your skin glow. I use it as a last step on top of cheeks nose and forehead to add some sheen and to enhance the skin tone. To me its so pretty, and definitely not 'glittery' just a pretty shimmer. I also own the BE bare minerals all over face color in 'true' which is a pink shimmer, which i also love, and this is to me basically the exact same product! However, i have never used a product from Maybelline that i was unhappy with! I feel that it is the highest quality drugstore makeup out there. My only complaint is the package does not have a way to keep more product from coming out, (like BE does).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying this is VERY sparkly. It's like condensed fairy dust. I like it, though! If you use just a little, then you can light up your whole face! The brush it comes with is a joke; just buy a good one, like Bare Essentuals bamboo one. I didn't like the container, but the product is the real focus here. I like shimmers, they just make me look more awake, especially with the right nude lipstick or lipgloss... all in all, I liked it, but they could change a few things about it, including the price. A bit high for something so tiny, don't you think? Good product, though!

EDIT: I handed it off to my younger sister, she plays with it. It's literally glitter. You don't have to pay so much for it, and it's not all that fine or subtle. There are much better products :/

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

this stuff stinks,its more of a regular powder than a illuminzer,a lil does go along way cause of how much sparkle it has

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by batcavity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I have not tried many other highlighters or illuminators, this has become an essential last step for me. It provides just the perfect amount of natural looking shimmer and pink color. A little goes a long way; you don't want to look like you walked into a mist of glitter. The only thing to dissuade me from buying again is the packaging. About half of the powder is laying onto of the slots, making it difficult to just simply swirl tap buff into it. It's truly a pain. Overall, I recommend this product for its shimmer, color, and setting power, especially for a drugstore brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

This didn't make any difference on my skin at all when I apply a moderate a mount. When I apply more it seemed like I was playing around with glitter and it some how got onto my face. It also easily rubbed off when I applied in around my collarbone.

Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rachel1031

I bought this in pink and love it - I use it over my foundation and powder and apply it loosely over my cheeks, neck forehead and eyebrow area. It makes me look glow-y and healthy, and I have received compliments on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well I'm 55 and have to be careful will powder setting on lines that make me look older. This is very soft and very fine and it's not bad at all. I think Maybelline has improved the quality of their products and this is a good example. Just be light with it and it will look fine. I really don't see shimmer on my skin afterwards. typical shake container and a little brush but since it's used as higlighter, then it's ok

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by DayDreamer223

I don't think I would buy this product again for one reason. It's a package with glitter. Maybe for nights out but not for school. I've tried better highlighters as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

This isn't bad but it certainly isn't great either. It was a little bit pricey for a drugstore product but that seems normal for maybelline. The brush that comes with it is terrible and coarse- I wouldn't use it. The product itself isn't bad but it seems to be mostly glitter. Which is nice for nights out but not for day time wear. There is definitely a fair amount of product in the container. I guess I wouldn't recommend because for the price I think there are better options. :/