April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by SPerk

So many uses for this stuff! I ventured into "no pooing" a few months ago and used this with water to condition. Though I gave up on the baking soda part I stuck with this stuff. Makes hair soft and helps with build up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by missmarcella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the shit! I put a bit (a teaspoon or two, sometimes a tablespoon if im up for it) in my water every morning. Have to admit, it is NASTY. Disgusting and awful but has made my skin so beautiful and amazing and clear id say its worth it. Good luck;)

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've read many reviews on ACV and girls please be careful with your ratio. The 4/1 ratio for your hair is way too much. 1 table spoon per cup of water is plenty.

Now for my review, I've recently switch country and I'm now confronted to very hard water. Hard water can really build up on the hair and make it dry and brittle. I use the ration mentioned earlier in filtered water as a final rinse. If you put back hard water in your hair after in kinda defeat the purpose. I alternate between a gentle bio shampoo (lavera) with occasional clarifying shampoo. When I use it with the gentle shampoo I use the ratio mentioned earlier, with my harsher shampoo I add a couple of drops of glycerin in the mix to make the rinse more moisturizing.

If you have dry hair you can use either a very small amount of glycerin, aloe juice or honey. I will counteract the drying effect from the ACV.

As for the results, my hair is very shinny and full and doesn't get greasy as fast. And contrary to what people think for external use you don't need the mother in it.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have both Bragg and Walmart's own brand "Great Value" ACV and I don't see much difference for rinsing my hair. I often spend time in the pool and can't spend $ for swim shampoo. I saw in some swim forums that rinse off with ACV after shampoo and conditioner or mix baking soda in the shampoo. So I chose ACV rinse method. I have healthy hair except that quite dry and rough after spending ~4-5x a week in the pool. Of course, I lost weight :) Anyway, I bought a gallon ACV bottle from Walmart with <$5 and 1:4 mix with water in an empty shampoo bottle. That gallon bottle lasts the whole summer... I still have some in the bottle. In my experience, Bragg smells very stronger than Great Value. My hair doesn't smell like ACV with GV but I feel the clean feeling. Since I am rinsing off after not longer than 3 min, I don't see the point of using organic or natural but maybe when I have more $... I save Bragg for facial mask with Indian/Bentonite Clay.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do an acv rinse every Sunday. It makes my hair feel so smooth and removes mineral buildup. I shampoo my roots then add a mixture of mostly water and a few splashes of this, no conditioner needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by alishe43093

I've had so many problems with acne since i've been about 12, and i'm still dealing with it and i'm 20. I've used numerous topical creams, have been on accutane (which I have to say improved my acne by about 70% and its been about four years since being off of it). Some of my acne did come back after about a year so I went on doxycycline-which did nothing. A year and half ago I tried the acne.org system and it worked so well for me. But after a year and a half, i got some light acne again which is annoying after being clear on and off again-plus it spread to my chest and back a little. Good system, but very messy and makes your skin feel weird if you don't put it on right after you shower or wash your face...yet I would recommend it to people if ACV didn't work for them.

My mom suggested that I try ACV so I mixed ACV and water (1/4 cup:1/4 cup) with about 5 drops of tea tree oil. So far I love this!!! I find the tea tree oil is very strong in the container at first with the ACV/water mix, but it tones down after a day or so. It also seemed to help cut the time the smell lingered on my skin, and I didn't notice a smell when I sweat after I added the tea tree oil, which I could a little before I added the oil. I have very sensitive skin and it does burn on some pimples, but it did not last long at all. It didn't dry my skin out, but it did bring out a few small flat pimples. I only have light acne now, so the amount of pimples it can bring to the surface probably depends how many pimples are lingering below the surface. Be patient, it's so worth it. My skin was so dry from the acne.org so I used Ponds moisturizer-heavy duty stuff and my favorite go to moisturizer by far. ACV has balanced the pH level in my skin, I haven't even used the moisturizer in a while, but maybe in the winter i'll use it again? I'd also suggest using this Aztec clay mask I found at the better health food store-I paid $6 for a huge jar-and it has improved my skin so much [http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=74122]. Lastly, use ponds cold cream to remove makeup and a bar cleanser from soapworks(i use the carbolic one)-they are all natural [http://puresoapworks.com/carbolic.htm]. They smell weird before you actually use them, so don't disregard the product because the initial smell. I heard it can also be used on the body to help repel mosquitos [http://puresoapworks.com/mosquito_stories.htm]

My regime:
get rid of makeup with ponds cold cream makeup remover [night only]
wash face, chest, and back with carbolic soap
Use cotton pads to apply ACV/water/tea tree oil toner to face, chest, and back
*2-3 times a week I use the Aztec Clay mask. DO THIS BEFORE TAKING A SHOWER, comes off way easier in the shower.

I was nervous at first using makeup because of possibly spreading bacteria. I've started out lightly and haven't had any problems with breaking out!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by llwilso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the Heinz brand at walmart because that is all they had. I really did not think this would work because I have tried many things to help with my hormonal cystic breakouts and nothing has worked. I have been using this a week now and my face has completely cleared up. It looks fresher. The smell is awful but I don't really care because it made such a difference in my skin in just one week. I will continue to use this everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kopo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate the smell. I live in hot, humid Asia & you smell horrible after rinsing your hair with any diluted vinegar. Don't see any result on my hair too. Prefer using coconut oil as hair mask and gentle deep cleansing shampoo for my slightly damaged chemical treated hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

I've had a MASSIVE cherry angioma in the middle of my face for over a decade. Even my own mom thought it was ugly. My boyfriend was constantly saying "oh hey you have a big zit." It was raised and concealer wasn't helping. I went to a derm who offered to laser it off for the hefty sum of $300, plus weeks of downtime with bruising. I declined.

On the net some people had mentioned that if you scratch it with a CLEAN pin until it bleeds, then apply vinegar 3x a day until it scabs over, it can disappear. I was skeptical but had nothing to lose. You know if you are doing this process right because the vinegar does sting a bit. You can stop applying vinegar once the scab forms.

It scabbed over and looked really gross. I now had a giant black scab in the middle of my face. Terrific. But I managed not to pick at it even once, which is a miracle on its own, and left it alone. 2 weeks later, the scab fell off the the angioma was GONE. It's like magic. It's just GONE. For free instead of $300. I am THRILLED!

28 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Purchased a bottle from Walmart (Great Value Brand) because I heard it would remove warts. Well, let me tell you...IT WORKS. My son has a dime size wart on his finger and after using ACV once, it has gone down a lot! I simply soaked a cotton ball and secured it with a band aid before going to bed. I think another 2-3 nights of this should do the trick.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No