April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Powder - Origins - Multi-Grain Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MrsAJGraveS

Pros-
>Does not bother my skin or break me out
>Dose not have an unpleasant smell
>Has a nice smooth texture
>Applies and blends well
>Good staying power
>Is weightless on the skin
>Sheer build-able coverage (though you will never get full coverage from the product)
>Only a small amount comes through the sifter at a time, which I consider a "pro" because I hate when the lids of products fill with powered just from sitting one their side in my makeup bag.
Cons-
>Can be a lettle powdery/dry on the skin (if that makes sense), but i set it with a "setting spray" and that makes it feel better
>Even though it is supposed to be sheer I would love it if this offered just a tad more coverage off the bat. When I apply this lightly it does not have the same coverage as other mineral foundations, but it is build-able I just hate applying layers of make up to my face.
>This dose not come in a very wide variety of colors
>Clung to my liquid concealer and made it look darker than the rest of my face.
>Not a lot of product for the price, but I don't wear it every day or apply it heavily so it will last a while.
All in all-
I really do like this powder, I wouldn't say I love it, but i defiantly like it. All I wanted was something i could put on my face to make me look a little more polished (I hate and don't wear foundation). This did just that, I can dust it on and it gives very light coverage and feel weightless on my face, while controlling oil and lasting all day without changing color. I do however wish it proved a smidgen more coverage in one application, but whatever. I will probably repurchase this because it is a natural product that is easily available to me for a decent price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I heard rave reviews from youtube gurus and decided that I must try this. I thought this product felt great on and it gave good coverage. Although I feel like I have to use quite alot compared to my estee lauder double coverage powder and bare minerals. I feel this is great as a setting powder but I don't think it would have great coverage on its on compared to other powders I have used before. It didn't break me out and it helped out with my oil. It looks natural on my skin unlike bare minerals I feel it has help out with my skin. My skin has been looking clearer and less breakouts. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I too had the dreaded itching from BE. But i am a massive fan of Philosphy's fdtn, this had alot to compete with. Was ok on days when i didnt want to wear alot of makeup but needed something on my skin. Colour range is ok, coverage is not so great, but i dont have perfect skin, my daugher does and it looked lovely on her. I would definalty suggest this for teen skin that has no breakouts as it tidies everything up but doesnt look like you slapped makeup on. price is average.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I'm one of those gals who had to stop wearing BE's Bare Minerals because it started making my face itch like crazy. I really liked the idea of mineral makeup, though, and I've always loved Origins products, so I thought I'd give their version a try. WOW. I like this so much better than BE. It just feels so natural and smooth as it goes on, and it smells like wheat! I have been using it since last fall and I haven't had any itching or irritation with this product.

I'm very pale (NC15), and the lightest shade works just fine for me. I find it looks much darker in the container than how it goes on. My only complaint about this product is that when it gets near the end, it clumps up a bit, and I couldn't get it through the sifter. Also, the sifter isn't removable, so I had to throw out the container with a bit of product still in it. However, I happily repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by veganhooper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am really impressed with this foundation. I have tried quite a few mineral foundations, however, most are just generic powders with unnatural ingredients. This foundation has very clean ingredients. It goes on so smooth and covers very nicely, yet looks quite natural. The only strange thing about this foundation is that the color in the container is not at all indicative of how it will look on your skin. I have a very fair olive complexion and I always get the lightest of color ranges in foundations. However, the light and light medium in this foundation was way too light, yet the color in the container looks much darker! I ended up being a medium, which is a first for me! The medium was just about perfect. It had more yellow and looked very natural. This foundation is not as fabulous as SEVI Cosmetics Mineral Foundation, but I will use this one when I want a little more opaque coverage. Sevi Cosmetics is my all time favorite and perfect color match when using 200 and 215. I do love the moisturizing quality of the Origins though. One con is the price for the quantity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation now. I apply it over my sunscreen with a brush and it gives a lovely, natural and healthy look. I use it to lessen the shine of the sunscreen and even things a little. It feels and looks like I have nothing on..just good skin..which is my ultimate goal. I have light neutral skin, but light was too light, so I had to exchange for the medium color. Edit: 8-15-10 Stopped wearing this one..looks too dry for my age. Think I need a liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am inlove!!! The Orgins Multi Grain foundation is like no other mineral makeup out there but I really dont Like apply with a brush I find it to Messy that Why I love urban declay and Philosphy mineral makeup for the sponge applicator so I though it a natural powder makeup would it work in the Philosophy airbrush canvas jar if I cleaned it out and boy doesnt it ever it work like a dream it a lot of money to spend on 2 foundation that you are only going to use one but if you have a jar like philosophy or UD I would Highly recommended you give it a go no mess out the door fantasic product!!
about the product My skin looks FLAWLESS and smooth and not made up and like I am glowing from the inside and last all day even when I have been sweating in the Gym , I dont need any other makeup as this product provide enough coveage for me but we all diffrant I feel this give great covage and would Highly recommend it , love love this stuff thank you Origins x

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by mish2378

I wanted to try this out after someone on you tube raved about it. I love the powder but hate how little product comes out when you want to apply it. For this reason I am returning it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brand doesn't have the greatest color shade selection and only goes up to tan skin color. With the right techniques it covers up the redness around my nose and on my pink flushed cheeks. However it wont cover up those dark pigmentation on large area of imperfections. It evens out the skin color and makes the skin feel velvety smooth to touch. It's decent for those who don't wear or need a lot of make up but just want to look nice. I wish it came in a pressed form for traveling

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by racheliz13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite thing about this powder is the way it feels. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin, and it actually makes my skin feel more comfortable. Though I need to wear makeup because I have less than perfect skin, I don't usually enjoy wearing it because I don't like the way most makeup feels on my face.
That said, the coverage is light-to-moderate. On bad skin days I find I need to use something like a tinted moisturizer underneath for that extra bit of coverage. Also, when you first apply it it looks rather powdery, but if your skin is somewhat oily (like mine is), it will seem to sink into the skin and look much more natural after only about 30-minutes or so. I use the light/medium shade, which is a bit light for me (looks darker in the container), but the next shade is likely too dark. A negative for this product would be the color selection. Also, it clumps a bit in the container and is somewhat more expensive than I'd like. I apply it lightly, however, so I think it will last about 5-6 months, which isn't too bad.
There are certainly products out there that will cover skin better, but in my experience the greater the coverage, the more likely it is that I'll either hate the way it feels or have some kind of reaction to it. I'd recommend this for people who like a no-makeup feel, have sensitive skin, or are okay with a light-coverage product.