Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

4.6

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Tapioca Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 17/6 Copolymer, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Bis Methoxyproplamido Isodocosane, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution.

on 5/1/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Will buy this again and again for as long as I live. I love lotions and have never used the same one twice. I've gone through Lush Dream Cream, Sympathy for the Skin, Eucerin, Keri, Vasoline, Oil of Olay body lotions and none of these even come close to Curel.

I have KP on the backs of my arms and a little on my legs, and very dry skin on my legs. I also have little patches of eczema on my elbows which flares up sporadically.

This lotion is so amazing. It gets rid of all my itchiness, dry patches and KP, leaving me with buttery soft skin. Even in the Canadian winter, if I've been using this regularly, I can sometimes skip lotion after showering because my skin is left that moisturized! No scent too, which is perfect because you can layer your perfume without worrying about the smell clashing (or just be scent free, since my workplace requires that). I just slap it on and in a minute, it's all absorbed and I don't feel like a turkey that has been basted in butter, or worry about squirting out of DH's grip if he hugs me. Wonderful!

on 5/1/2013 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this by chance because it was on sale, and was an instant convert. Absorbs well, leaving no greasiness, and has no fragrance. Does a terrific job on all kinds of itching. Pump stays clean; no gunky build-up. A little goes a long way and you get a big bottle, so overall it is very good value. I have been using this for about six months and am still at well above half.

on 4/7/2013 7:35:00 PM

I got this at rite aid for about $6 or a little under. My bottle is white with a grey pump and has the eczema approval stamp on the bottle. Now I've tried many drugstore and health food store lotions and usually chemical free is how I like to be. Unfortunantly I can't go without lotion my skin is too dry. Saw this on sale and it was 16.25 oz. What caught my attention was the fragrance free and the claim of rebalancing skin moisture and safe enough to use on the face. My skin is very sensitive. In fact I got a chemical burn from using olays sensitive skin face wash. I don't have eczema but do have a little case of keratosis pilaris which is basically clogged pores under the skin. I have this on the backs of my arms and 5 year old also has this on his arms and legs. This lotion really does soothe are skin. No lie! We use chagrin valley homemade soap and put this on after our shower and it works much better than any basic lotion without irritating our sensitive skin. Albas very emollient lotion we used before this didn't give us half as good results and that lotion just stank something awful. I have very dry, sensitive, acne prone skin on my face and have used this to moisturize. It worked great didn't clog pores or cause any breakouts. You can wear it under makeup and it helps keep makeup on longer. It gives an almost matte finish and doesn't take long to absorb. I have a really pesky spot of dry skin right under my nose that always burns and flakes if I can't keep it moisturized. Almost like my nose is raw from blowing too much when i have a cold. Sorry but its very painful and infuriating haha. This is the only thing that keeps it moisturized all day. I will definitly repurchase. No expensive night creams or organics oils can do for my skin what this has. I kinda wish the ingredients were better but then maybe it wouldn't work as good. I was standing in the isle debating between this lotion, Lubriderm and one other and I'm so glad I choose this. No need to keep searching my bottle is over half gone. I don't know if the claims about preventing symptoms from reoccuring are true but this does offer relief and doesn't break the bank. (I'm cheap) last night it was late and I was rushing through my shower because I had early stuff with family I was shaving with what I now know to be a dull razor and by the time I got out and into my sleep shirt (30 secs) I flopped on the bed and was howling b/c my legs werw itching sooo bad. I slathered this on waited 2 min and put another thin layer on and 5 minutes later then itching and burning was over. My boyfriend had to hold my hands to keep me from scratching myself but it worked. Try this lotion. I am very particular about what I use because I don't want to have a bad reaction or waste my money. My biggest problem is remembering how good this stuff is when I need to buy more and resist the urge to try the newesr prettiest packaged thing. We've all been there right?

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've suffered eczema for most of my life and was having huge issues with it last year. My skin is really sensitive and dry. I've tried everything. I did some poking around on the web and found this. While I couldn't find it within Australia (frustrating!) I ordered it from ebay and it has changed my life. It's ultra calming, very moisturising and slow absorbing so it seems to last. Since I've been using it my eczema has improved a great deal (it hasn't disappeared but I didn't expect it to be a miracle fix). Between using this daily on my face and body and using my cortisone ointment during flare ups, it has become very manageable. My only complaint is that I pay a premium price for it because I have to buy internationally and it's impossible to get to the end of the bottle because of the pump packaging. I think it's well worth a try for anyone else with eczema or really dry skin! Best of luck! :)

on 2/27/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying I've suffered from eczema for many many years. I also have asthma and allergies (that lovely triad of problems) My hands get so bad at times, that they crack and bleed, and build up serious amounts of scabby/dry leathery skin. Its very painful. My derm recommended that I use Eucerin in the tub (original) as well as Betamide (OTC lotion with urea) and a prescription for Lidex (fluocinonide sp?) to use when mine flares. Recently tho I've been getting toughened and itchy spots elsewhere and sometimes I'd rather not use the RX and Eucerin doesn't stop the itch. So I bought some of this. This stuff works GREAT at stopping the itch, but its no where near heavy duty enough moisture to cure those spots. I would buy it again only for the itch relief it provides (I believe it might be coming from the tapioca starch ingredients). I do use it in conjunction with my previous set of "treatments" and it seems to help.

on 1/30/2013 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am prone to eczema on my body and face so I have to be careful about using things that are too drying consistently or else my skin becomes reactive. I like the smooth consistency and the good absorbency. My skin feels moisturized but not greasy. There is no residue or strong scent, although I had an initial whiff of something strange (reminds me my fish oil pills for some reason) when I was applying this, but it quickly disappeared. This helps to alleviate itchiness for me, especially on my legs since shaving sometimes leaves them feeling dry. Overall, this is great lotion to have on hand. Will update as soon as I try it on my dd to see how it reacts on her eczema. edit: 2/1/13 My dd responded well to it. No flakiness or itching on her back and legs. Her skin was left very soft. However there is still that initial weird smell that fades after a couple of minutes. Maybe I bought a bad batch? besides that, this is excellent for eczema-prone skin. I think I will try the sensitive skin lotion next.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Holy cow! I wish I had found this product years ago! Yes it will curb your exczema flare ups, and yes your skin will feel MUCH softer. The ceramides in this lotion are amazing, my skin has done a totla 360. I constantly get compliments on how soft my skin is. The only downside is the lipids in the lotion make you smell sort of musky and fatty until they soak into the skin; which doesn't take very long. I have never found a better lotion that not only hydrates my parched skin, keeps me moisturized throughout the day, improves the look and feel of my skin, and keeps the itchy flare ups at bay. This is the best lotion I've EVER used.

on 1/15/2013 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I suffer from eczema in the winter months. For years I slathered on super thick oils and paid ridiculous amounts on eczema specific moisturizers. It took me forever to discover that one of the keys to a great lotion for sensitive skin is a fragrance free lotion. This one is great- nice rich texture, lasts long, really does take the itch away.

on 1/1/2013 5:13:00 PM

This stuff has made a huge difference on my hands and feet. It's some good stuff.
I have ecema (which was just diagnosed) so now I know why I've had dry skin for so long and no other lotions have helped. I love this stuff

on 11/8/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS LOTION!

I have psoriasis & eczema. My skin can go from okay to horrible in no time. My problem areas are my legs, from knee to ankle, especially the shin area, upper legs, on the outer thigh & scalp. I suffer with this year round, but its especially bad in the cooler months. On my elbows I tend to have outbreaks but only in the winter months, during the summer in fine on the elbows.

Before I was diagnosed I had no idea WTF was going on?!?!? I've always had to deal with the roughness & itchiness on my elbows, but my legs? It started one fall after shaving. I shaved as usual, put on lotion, went to bed. I was woken a few hours later with my legs itching like there were covered in fire ant bites. I scratched & scratched, applied cortisone & scratched some more until FINALLY the itching abated, I went back to sleep. Things progressively got worse to the point that cortisone didn't help, I would scratch my legs until they bled in my half asleep state. I have scars on my shins, knees & calves to show for it.

I've used antihistamine pills, cortisone, prescription & OTC, Eucerin itch control & comfort cream, aveeno, basically EVERY itch relief there is. I was looking on MU alley a few months ago & read the Curel itch defense review, I bought it immediately & started using it. This stuff is amazing & I will NEVER be without it! After one application following shaving my legs I didn't have any itch, I use it after every shower regardless of whether or not I shave, on legs, elbows, everywhere! I even use it on my 7 yr old son's back when it gets the winter "itchies" as he calls it. Works like a charm.

The lotion is unscented though it does have a slight scent that goes away & does have a thicker texture coating the skin more do than regular lotions so I wouldn't recommend it for a friend who doesn't have eczema or psoriasis b/c the benefits of this product would be lost on them. I read a few reviews where the reviewer was complaining the lotion was too heavy, sitting on the skin, it smelled bad, etc., etc.. If you have normal skin without eczema or psoriasis then YES, this lotion is NOT FOR YOU. The very things you complained about are characteristics that people with eczema or psoriasis HAVE TO HAVE. We need something without added or manufactured scent, something thicker to coat the skin, if a person doesn't need this, they won't like it & shouldn't use it. Better to stick with a lotion NOT marketed/developed for people with eczema or psoriasis.

This stuff is cheap, it works if you have year round itchiness from eczema or psoriasis. It's thicker that most lotions but not uncomfortably so, but I'll take it b/c I'd rather wear a heavier lotion than itch myself to death. This product is amazing for people with the following skin conditions: eczema or psoriasis. I will purchase again.