October 24, 2014 | 905 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Cat Eyes Waterproof in feline black

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by NateR

I really regret buying this one, I really don't want to imagine how many lashes I've lost trying to get this off at night. The only thing that worlks on it is coconut oil, and even that can take some time.

To top it off, it doesn't even look good, clumps my lashes together and gives me spiderleg lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by agnebai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by far my favorite mascara EVER. I bought the first one more than 2 years ago and didn't want any other mascara again. I use it every morning (one tube lasts for about 3 months for me), it looks great the entire day, and it's easy to clean with a waterproof mascara remover (I use Maybelline Make Up Remover).
I mostly love its comb brush which makes my eyelashes look longer and, most importantly, separates them. That's my requirement No.1 for any mascara - I don't want my eyelashes clumped together, I like them separated and looking quite natural. Maybelline Volum' Express Cat Eyes does its job well. Will definitely continue using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by firebrat1229

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to go with the consensus here, horrible! It defined the lashes really well, but didnt add any volume or length.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kitten41

Yuck. This brush is the worst! Formula is very thin and gets on lid quite easily. While it does give a very slight flare to the ends, it clumps miserably and leaves spiky spider lashes. Wont buy again.,..

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by clarissaaa

this mascara is so so, nothing special. separates my lashes quite good, but does nothing at all. It adds a lil bit of volume, but that's it, the mascara dries pretty quick too, save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by closetrebels

I generally like Maybelline mascars, but I hated this one. Sure, it does make spread your lashes out and give it a fan-like (or cat-eye) appearance, but it does not hold up a curl at all. I get horrendous stick straight elephant trunk lashes. Moreover, it starts clumping and the formula dried out within the week.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by darh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first i bought this mascara simply because the tube is soooooo adorable. :) it gives length to my lashes but not volumising. and i dont like the comb either. so i will never repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by alexis007low

I bought several tubes of this because I simply can't find something better than this. Even Make Up For Ever lengthening mascara can't do the same as this. It is about RM30 and comes in pretty packaging. The shade comes in only feline black with waterproof formula but one is enough to feed my desperation for perfect mascara haha! It is available in many places and one shall last about 3 months if used regularly. However, it can be hard to remover and good quality eye remover is needed for this mascara as it really lasts whole day and very waterproof. It makes my lashes very long but doesn't build much volume. I guess you simply can't get two greats at once right? So if you are looking for a super lengthening which will last you whole day, this would be a good choice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

THIS MASCARA RUINED MY LASHES! Do not, I repreat, do not buy this mascara if you don't have an industrial strength makeup remover. That being said, let's move on to the review.

At first I bought this mascara because I have to admit, the limited edition Hello Kitty packaging caught my eye and thought that since Maybelline had pretty good mascaras--with the exception of of the over-rated and over-hyped original Great Lash, I thought this would be a good enough product.
I always buy their waterproof versions, because I know for a fact that their waterproof mascaras are great for holding curls, which is probably the only redeeming factor of this mascara.
First of all, I love how Maybelline has pretty wet formulations because this reduces clumping on my lashes, but little did I know that this only holds true for their mascaras with thicker wands such as the Falsies or Colossal. But for a mascara with a comb wand rather than a brush, the formulation sucked big time. The wand in itself had two combs whose bristles intersected like a claw, but for some reason, this added to the clumping of the product because it coated my lashes with too much mascara every time I run the wand on my lashes. It made my lashes clump together so bad that I looked like I had five to seven lashes on each eye. It took forever to dry that when I blinked, the wet mascara smeared on my lower lash line. The brush didn't do justice to putting mascara on my lower lash line as well. Again, because of the wet formulation, it smudged before it was even dry.
Now if getting this mascara on was an ordeal in itself, taking it off is a bigger hassle. First up, THIS MASCARA IS NOT WATERPROOF---IT'S MAKEUP REMOVER PROOF. I could not take off this mascara for days--no matter what kind of makeup remover, cleansing oil, natural oil, petroleum jelly, pond's cold cream I used. I literally had to scrape the mascara and pull my lashes off to remove this and it still wasn't completely off! I had to wash and wash my face and still had this for on for the next three days because it wouldn't come off! And don't think that because it was still on that it made my lashes really pretty those thee days I was forced to have it on. The moment this thing came into contact with water, it clumps like hell! My supposed five to seven lashes per eye was reduced to four or three! So I basically had to endure three whole days with four lashes on each eye because I couldn't take this off. And after finally taking off the last bits of this, I had so few lashes left due to pulling off the product that I had to buy lash serums and lay off the mascara for a month just so I could grow my lashes back!
I have so much against this product that I thew it away--yes, despite the cute Hello Kitty packaging after one try. I will not repurchase or recommend this product to anyone, I didn't even give it a second chance because of how horrible my first try was. Stay away, ladies, unless you want the same nightmare I had to go through. Stay away for the sake of your lashes. D;

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Suppie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the hello kitty version from japan, it's called "hypercurl cat eyes". The product is actually nice. The formula is not too dry nor too wet so you can actually layer on the formula as much as 3 times. It dries to a nice finish which you can curl. The curl doesn't hold extremely well (2 hours max) but I'm not complaining. My thin asian lashes never hold any curl even with a well known mascara. I paid almost $16 for this product which is pretty hefty for a mascara but being that this is hello kitty and limited edition from japan. I feel like my purchase was justified.