January 27, 2015 | 2079 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by lexi913

I've finally found my HG foundation!!! I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and this foundation is amazing at its job. The color match is incredible and I feel and look like I don't have any makeup on, only a natural flawless complexion. I get compliments on my skin all the time and this has actually somehow stopped my skin from forming pimples..not sure how that is. I wear this on top of a primer and under Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow pressed powder and it lasts me a whole school day (7 hours). It takes away redness and keeps you matte and shine free. I have medium skin with yellow undertones, and my color is Santa Fe. Love this foundation, and will definitely be buying again when I run out!!

Only con is that this foundation doesn't have a pump so you have to tap it on your hand until it comes out, but this hasn't been much of a problem so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin: Oily-combo
Tone: Around NC30
Shade in Nars: Stromboli

This foundation seems to be working well with my skin type. I've used it for about 2 months and I'm still loving it. This has a nice satin finish but because I tend to get an oily t-zone I do set it with a light dusting of setting powder. I find it last pretty much a whole working day. I haven't noticed any separation or it getting blotchy. If by midday I get a little shiny around the t-zone area I just blot with a tissue. This foundation won't keep me shine free all day but to be realistic I haven't tried a foundation that can actually do that. Overall I like the satin finish, it looks natural on the skin with one layer, you can layer it in certain areas if needed, I like that I can wear this sheer to basically medium full coverage. I highly recommend this if you you have normal-oily skin. I'm not sure how it would for dry skin but you can always get a sample at Sephora and tested it out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl05

I absolutely looooove this foundation! I have been at Sephora too many times trying to find my holy grail foundation, and this has everything I am looking for. It has the perfect match to my medium skin, with a yellow golden undertone, my match was Barcelona.
This foundation is for you if you have:
Combo to oily skin, not too oily.
Little to no imperfections (a few small discolorations and white heads)
Slight redness around nose area
Like a matte face

I have tried YSL Touche' Eclat, Perricone No foundation foundation, YSL Fusion Ink, Dior Nude, Make Up Forever HD, MAC Studio Fix, and this is the one that works on my skin!

I did wear it with the Benefit Porefessional Primer and did not set with any powder! A little goes a long way so be careful when putting this on. I also used a synthetic packed foundation brush as it is a thicker formula and would not be best to apply with the beauty blender. I wore this for about 6-8 hours and it looked beautiful even after the day is over, even after gym!!!1
If you like a more mattified and long-wearing foundation (I am talking 12-15 hours) where your oil does not seep through, see my review on the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel foundation, another great one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by 11hoerta

I love this product! it's the most amazing foundation for my skin....is there a dupe for this foundation? I would love to find one!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by nobelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to Sephora to purchase this foundation. Although I wish the price was much cheaper, I find myself returning back to this foundation. The main reason is that it is the best colour match EVER!!! its perfect! I am currently using the colour Stromboli, love it. In terms of the matte finish, it does help with my oiliness in comparison to other foundations that I have tried. The foundation is buildable coverage. I tend; however, to use a single sheer layer. personally, I don't like a lot of make up on my face. I do feel a powder is necessary to set the face and further aid with oiliness, I'm still on the hunt for a good matte powder OR primer. I do believe that it lasts all day. I have it on for about 12 hours from 7am to 7 pm. In that time I may need to blot or powder once which I believe is good. Oil does tend to poke through around the end of the day however it is nothing compared to not wearing any foundation. I wish that it had a pump, much easier to control the amount of product. I have been dying to find a comparable product with a cheaper price tag, I cannot! This is what works for me until I find a better colour match. my only issue is the PRICE.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin.
This is supposed to be matte and given my skin type, I didn't go into this expecting a consistently matte finish throughout the day. The coverage is great! It must be used with a decent primer to stay closer to a satin finish. For some reason this didn't seem to be so sheer on me. Covered my darks spots so well with the use of a beauty blender. I love it, more than the sheer glow (since I'm so oily). I would buy again….maybe. This stuff is kind of expensive for what you get and doesn't come with a pump :|

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Missfancyfootwork

This foundation doesn't get the love it deserves! NO it's not runny like most foundations and yes it takes a little more effort to blend but the outcome is worth it! I personally think this foundation is a solid satin. . Not too matte at all. I'm in love with the finish. I seriously can't stop looking at my face when I wear this. My skin is normal and usually go for more luminous foundations (I have sheer glow too) and I can honestly say I like the sheer matte more! Better finish, longer wear and I don't look oily half wat though my day!
Tip: pour and warm on the top of your g and then apply with fingers. A little goes a long way.
you can also apply with a sigma f80 but spray with mac fix +.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dislike this foundation - really loathe it. I also hate the fact that I didn't just get a sample of this and instead bought the whole bottle. I have oily skin that has little discoloration so I thought that a sheer foundation that is matte would look great on my oily skin. Wrong. It was sliding all over the place by mid-afternoon. By evening, I decided that I was going to just wash it off because it was looking so disgusting. I looked better without this make up on. The foundation color is good for my face (FIJI), but everything else is horrible. How can this be for oily skin? It was sliding OFF my face. I just really want to return the $43.00 bottle. Also i hate the cap and the fact that you have to pay $6.00 to buy a pump. Will never buy this foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Christylove1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this foundation! The color match is awesome and it keeps my skin matte for hours. I've tried a few high end foundations over the years but this one is the best so far.I look like I'm glowing after hours of wear.
The cons about this makeup is not having a pump but other then that it's my favorite makeup so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by MsRhiChocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first time trying a Nars foundation and I'm not overly impressed. Makes my face look like I've got tons of foundation on even when I only have a little AND have blended it. I'll use this as a back up foundation.