September 21, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - Chantecaille - Faux Cils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I expected more drama from something called Faux Cils. I think this falls somewhere between a "natural" mascara and a "dramatic" mascara. But it does give good length and volume, especially with primer. Just the right amount of oomph, my lashes don't look overly "done" yet I still achieve that wide-eyed doll-lashes look. Super-smooth application with zero clumps. No problems with smudging either. I took one lippie off because even though I like this a lot, I still feel like it's just not quite my HG mascara. I could use a bit more volume. Despite the price tag, I'd buy this again. It's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Bonn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the dark purple shade of this mascara, which I LOVE because I'm a redhead and black mascara usually looks too harsh on me. The violet color is just bright enough to make my eyes pop but not so purple as to make it look cheesy or trashy. This mascara makes my lashes look super long, and adds a little volume. However, it flakes a LOT and is almost gone at the end of the work day... like if I do my makeup at 7:30am, the mascara is 75% gone by 5pm. In fact, when I fall asleep without washing my face, in the morning it's as if I've washed the mascara all off, because there is literally none left on my lashes as it's ALL flaked off. Which might be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.
It's not my HG, but it's a staple in my arsenal and I have been repurchasing for years, really for the color above all else. If Chantecaille could reformulate to flake less and stay on better, it would be a solid 5!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kay18fan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is lengthening without being clumpy. Unfortunately, it smudges under my eyes within an hour and flakes off in my eyes after 4 or 5 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this is a very good mascara. It doesn't clump, flake or smudge. However, there's nothing that special to warrant the $$$$40.00 price tag. There's nothing faux cils about this. The black is not that deep dark black. The volume is not that voluminous. This reminds me of Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara (that's $15.00). For $30.00 I will stick with GA Excess.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Good mascara for layering. Wouldn't buy again I much prefer my Haute and naughty lash from MAC.

However I would use it all up as it was .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

About me... I have short, thin lashes that I am always trying to volumize and lengthen. Every time a new mascara (high end or drugstore) comes out, I have to try it. Some previous favorites in the past have been DiorShow, Chanel Inimitable, and YSL Faux Cils. (Yes, I like drama!) The only problem with those is that the Chanel seems to dry out my lashes, DiorShow gets flaky, and YSL dries out too quickly in the container.

Since I've been on an obsessive Chantecaille kick, I decided to give this mascara a try, despite the $40 pricetag. I do have to say, I really, really like it. The tube is quite small, but since I toss my mascaras out every 3 months or so, it's not a big deal for me, as I've never finished a mascara. There is a heavenly rose water scent to the mascara, which I really like. I hate when mascaras smell like chemicals or some weird, synthetic fragrance. Chante's FC smells very natural.

The brush is small enough that it can be maneuvered without getting mascara all over the top lid. The color of the Black shade is a deep, rich black that doesn't look ashy. And best of all, my lashes feel really soft and pliable while I'm wearing this, and even when I take it off, my lashes feel conditioned. I think that really makes a difference.

The volumizing effect is not dramatic, so I have to use about 2 coats to get the desired look. It lengthens slightly, and also creates a nice curve to the lashes so that I don't have to use an eyelash curler. It removes well at night -- no tugging or dark circles under the eyes -- while lasting all day without flaking or smudging.

Overall, I like Faux Cils a lot and am really happy that I tried it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Finally.....a pricey mascara that's worth it. It conditions too while it tints the lashes perfectly. It's rosewater based along with fruit/flower waxes & red seaweed extract that coat the lashes......no clumping fibers in this. But it still manages to volumize and lengthen in a very natural way. I have very white blonde lashes and have to really wiggle the mascara wand to get my lashes darkened. Usually the result is clumpy, overly coated lashes that look spidery and unnatural. This mascara however doesn't do any of that. No flaking later either which is always a bonus. My lashes aren't what they were when I was a teen but this mascara makes them look pretty close. Am excited to see what my results are after using this awhile. I suspect my lashes will improve. Definitely on my re-buy list.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by plrg

This mascara looks beautiful in the tube and on the lashes. It leaves a healthy glossy finish. However, I'm giving it a poor review because it smudged after just two hours. (It wasn't a slight smudge either, it was the full on panda eye smudge!) To be fair, I have really oily Asian eyelids...for those of you with normal eyelids, I think the product would work much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by cakeface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! it is amazing! it really doesnt give that great look of volume but it does make my lashes look fluttery. It smells like rosewater and has a cooling feeling to it and it doesnt clump like most mascaras do because of the natural waxes in it. I've had it for about for 4 months and it shows no signs of drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Mimi27

Best mascara EVER!!! Everytime I wear this people ask me if i am wearing individual lashes!
Very expensive but so worth it. plus it lasts up to 6 months because the rosewater content actually makes it antibacterial so you dont have to chuck it after 3 months like most mascara.
I love it!