Maybelline Color Sensational - Totally Toffee

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I finally found my HG MLBB!!! I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! I do wear it over a lip conditioner because lipsticks tend to dry my lips, especially matte colors. It's a beautiful every day pale mauve/brown color. I have tried Wam Me Up, Pink Me Up, Rimmel Kate 08, 14... and although am very fond of those colors, Totally Toffe 215 is my absolute favorite. I feel very happy and excited to have FINALLY found my perfect shade!!!!

on 4/5/2013 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A fantastic mauve based browned pale nude - think Loreal fairest nude but browner/a tad warmer in shade/texture also highly similar to my fave MAC lipstick brave new bronze, but mostly similiar to my fave Avon ultra color rich lipstick in the discontinued shade Latte which I have been trying to replace for months. Love the texture smooth satiny and long wearing with lovely vanilla scent. A great quality widely available (think local supermarket) cheap lipstick option for those looking for a go to nude.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS! The Maybelline Colorsensationals Lipsticks are fantastic. They have a faint sweet smell but I don't think they taste bad or waxy. The Totally Toffee is a great nude for my skin tone and is very versatile. I use it alone and also layer gloss on top. It just looks so great on. They don't dry my lips and are relatively long lasting. The pigmentation is very good and they are creamy. I am a huge fan of these and have multiple different colors in my make-up stash and am looking to add more.

on 1/28/2013 8:42:00 AM

As the name suggests its toffee colored. The make up artist from Maybelline suggests using this topped with Baby Lips in "Berry" for a natural finish. I did the same and loved the look. Its looks very modern. But it does dry out after a few hours. I did not find this a moisturizing lipstick. I do like the vanilla like scent tho`. The packaging is very light and travel friendly. The product is affordable, so cant complain much.

on 1/1/2013 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been on the lookout for a nude lipstick for my skin tone. mac's Creme de nude, shy girl, revlon's soft nude, rimmel's undressed, all look so strange.
This is one of my favourite lipsticks now. Its so flattering. Id recommend it to all medium skin toned girls.
Im goin to get a backup of this <3

on 12/21/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love the texture of this lipstick , it is natural nude kind of color , it's neither chalky nor shimmery. and it's cheap probably because of it's cheap packaging which I don't really care as long as it doesn't break.

on 11/7/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks aren't really my favorite drugstore lipsticks. The Playdoh scent is a nuisance and most of what I own are drying on the lips. The only thing that draws me into the line are the nude shades.
With that said, Totally Toffee is a gorgeous warm, brown nude creamy lipstick for my NC30 skintone. It's not zombie pale and it's not 90s dark brown. No shimmers and no frost. It's a bit sheer and semi-glossy, similar to a Lustre finish by MAC. Oddly enough, this particular one didn't dry my lips out like the others in the line.
If you find Revlon's Soft Nude a bit too pale, try this.

on 9/19/2012 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Totally Toffee is probably the best nude/MLBB I have found for me. It's even better than L'Oreal's Fairest Nude, which was my old favorite, HG go-to lipstick. Totally Toffee is a beige brown nude, with a slight hint of pink. No shimmer, frost or glitter. The lipstick itself is a very moisturizing formula, and wears long. I'm in the minority here, I know, but I like the smell! Lol. Smells like vanilla sugar cookie dough to me. The packaging, I will admit is ugly for these lipsticks. They are just blah to me. But, why focus on that when the lipsticks are so great? I haven't gotten one from this line I haven't liked.

on 9/4/2012 2:29:00 PM

I bought this because it is a close dupe for MAC's Hug Me. I love the texture of Hug Me but the color was a little darker than what I wanted - Totally Toffee fit the bill, color wise. It was only 5 bucks at Bed Bath & Beyond, btw (obsessed with their makeup section). I actually really like this one. Finding a good nude is hard - undertones play a huge part, in addition to the regular lipstick issues of texture, wear, etc. Totally Toffee wears evenly for a fairly long time, and the color stays true and flattering on me (olive skin). I think it's cooler with just a bit of warmth to combat dead-lips. It's not very drying, BUT it has this heavier texture that can look cakey. If you're not careful, it has that "pulled-in" effect, like it sucks in your lips so that they don't look as pouty and luscious as possible. So a lipstick off for that, but the color makes up for it.

on 5/30/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I don't see any toffee with this lipstick, just light neutral pink. I wanted more of a brownish-nude but this colour shows up pale beige-pink. I really hate buying these lipsticks because the packaging is so cheap but I see such rave reviews on MUA. Totally Toffee is not a winner in my book. It feels a little dry and has a satin finish. It reminds me of Creme Cup and Brave mixed together. I do like that it does not give me corpse lips like most nudes. It's just warm enough to add some colour without washing me out. The Play-Doh/coconut scent is not so hot. Overall, not the worst shade, but not the best.

Popular Lipsticks