Max Factor Second Skin [DISCONTINUED]

Max Factor Second Skin [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

Ingredients Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene, Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polysorbate 60, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, [ /- CI 12085 CI 19140 CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499]

on 9/16/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The reason i gave this a 3 and not a 4 is because on myself i didn't feel as if the product had a strong lasting power, however it did it give a nice dewy finish which i love, esp because I have dry skin!
Moreover the colour was just too grey and ashy, if you used a small amount it wasn't very noticeable but when you build it up it is quite greyish, eugh!

I've been recetly trying this foundation again after abandoning it and i really like it!! :O I wear quite a fair amount and my face looks so natural and teh colour seems to absorb into my skin and match quite nicely so i think it deserves 4 lippies!

on 9/12/2011 2:00:00 AM

Wore it for 3 DAYS and had the worst break out of my life. Thick, hard, pustules covered my cheeks for about six weeks (after I stopped using). I tried everything to get rid of them, 3xweekly exfoliation, stringent cleansing routine, peel, mask, you name it, it just took time to clear this disgusting break out, compliments of MaxFactor! If there were one product I could tell everyone to NEVER USE, it would be this one. Im not acne prone, I get occasional hormonal spots but never break outs. Yucky, chemical ingredients, have turned to BodyShop foundation which is so gorgeous with a little bit of Benefit concealer and couldn't be healthier & happier!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product ! So natural, but not really dewy. It is super blendable, and when applied correctly, it looks like you are wearing nothing at all. Personally, I strongly believe that this foundation lives up to it's name; it looks like second skin.

NOTES:
- I would say at best, it is medium coverage and if you have blemishes and whatnot you will need to use concealer.
- It is super-blendable !
- It is long-lasting enough to last me a full 8/9 hour day and still look decent (when used with a powder)
- The packaging is really convenient; sleek, small, pretty and has a pump and lid.
- Colour range is quite limited; but I do believe they might be expanding the colour range. I am in Blushing Beige.
- No break-outs; and I do have acne-prone skin
- No oxidisation for me personally

Just overall, a great liquid foundation. It is quite pricey but well worth the money I believe. Try it out, you will not be disappointed :)

- T

on 9/4/2011 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This might just be the worst makeup product I've purchased in my whole life. I used to have a Max Factor foundation a couple of years ago and I remembered it being quite nice, so I went and bought their Secon Skin Foundation. It cost me ca. €17 (I live in Germany), which is quite a lot for a drugstore foundation. It comes in a handy glass bottle with a pump: an almost perfect packaging. And that's the only good thing about the product.

The foundation isn't moisturizing but it doesn't mattify my skin either. It has a sheer satin finish and it won't hide even the smallest spots and blemishes. And itt's very, very pigmented so while it is easy to spread the product all over the face but it doesn't blend out very well. An hour after application the foundation changes color: not only does it become very visibly darker, it also changes its undertone from cool to warm. This means that it's impossible to layer the product: the more you apply, the more visible it becomes. One ends up having orange spots all over the face. But even before it changes color it doesn't look natural: It underlines every pore and every wrinkle and I'm 24 so I don't have that many visible lines. Unless, of course, I wear this foundation.

I tried applying it after my moisturizer (La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Legere), after a primer (Laura Mercier), on clean skin -- the results where always unsatisfactory. I tried using a foundation brush, a makeup sponge, my fingers... Nothing helped. I've used about a 1/4 of the product before I just coudn't take it anymore and threw it away.

Also: I complained to my friend about having wasted money on such a bad product and she told me she'd had the same problems with this particular foundation. So go figure.

on 8/9/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation oxidizes. Verrrrry badly. It went at least three shades darker on my skin when I had it on for only 15 minutes and you could clearly see the line of demarcation on my jaw. Not attractive at all.

The only reason why I gave it a very generous three lippies is because despite its awful oxidizing issues, it has a beautiful texture. It's a dream to blend and provides a very nice medium coverage that looks very natural (for 15 minutes). So I'd only recommend it if you have a primer which you are absolutely confident can prevent oxidation. Or if you wanna pull a Snooki.

THIAS FOUNDATION IS THE SAME THING AS COVERGIRL TRUBLEND LIQUID FOUNDATION. JUST SEARCHED THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE COVERGIRL ONE AND ITS 99% MATCH. CG AND MF ARE BOTH OWNED BY PROCTOR AND GAMBLE SO IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

on 7/28/2011 12:53:00 PM

Second Skin foundation isn't a bad foundation, it just feels very strange. It's almost a gel foundation, if that makes sense. It gives good coverage and it brightens up for your complexion.

PROS
- Spreads ok
- Hides imperfections reasonably well
- Average coverage and overall look.

CONS
- Can be quite thick and gloopy
- Funny/weird texture
- Not a great selection of shades
- Very dear for a high street chemist

My favourite foundation is Max Factor's Pan Stik and Maybelline's 24 Hour foundation so I wouldn't be so sure if I'd buy this again! I really wanted to like this foundation but it didn't live up to my expectations and 'critical exclaim' it generated.

on 7/21/2011 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

no many shade to choose the best for my skin
iam nc25
creamy ivory is too light too pink to me
warm almond is too dark

on 6/29/2011 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am shocked at the low ratings for this product. My skin is very sensitive, and very dry (the only area that gets oily is my nose). The texture and application is smooth and great - I feel as though this foundation suits those with dry skin rather than oily - having said that, this gives a very nice dewy finish. The coverage is very light, covers redness well but any scars/marks need more concealing which is why I apply concealer on top of the foundation on the marks that show. This hasn't broken me out though and definitely brightens up my complexion.

on 6/21/2011 3:24:00 AM

I got this foundation in 045 Warm Almond a few weeks ago and at least used it four times a week.

I have been breaking out these days and I am very cautious on what I put on my skin, so far this product did not disappoint.

I wanted something light and something that doesn't look like I am wearing a lot of foundation, so I got this.

Pros:
- It goes on smoothly and blends well.
- It feels light and it doesn't look like I am wearing a lot of foundation.
- This did not broke me out.
- Price is okay.

Cons:
- Light Coverage (If you have really dark pimple scars this will not cover it.)

Overall, I am really happy with this foundation. I think it works best for people who has less pimples on their face or people who have perfect skin. It really gives that natural look.