November 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I feel well qualified to rate this after taking a catnap. I woke to find my eye makeup in perfect shape where normally it would have smudged off. I find you need to apply a tad more pigment than normal, build up the colour in 2 or three goes rather than one, with this. This makes pigments go on smoother, and you can apply with eyeliner brush, then the pigment, to create a foiled liner look. I also found that it helped my Mac Patina stay on better than it usually does, so it definitely works with pressed, regular eyeshadows too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by dokoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a godsend for anyone with oily lids. It is INCREDIBLE. I apply my Nars primer or UDPP up to the browbone, then a few dabs of Pixie Epoxy just on the lid and spread with my finger. I use this to apply regular eyeshadow (usually UD Naked palette), and I don't have to pat on the shadow because they're not actually glittery. Adding the PE to my routine really made the colors of the shadows pop and gave a more intense foiled look. One thing to keep in mind is that blending can be tough, which is why I only apply it on my lid and no higher. The price for how amazing this product is is incredibly cheap too, $8.75 including shipping, which blows my mind. This is a must have.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is like crazy glue for eyeshadow!
Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy is the best (and cheapest!) shadow primer I have tried yet, and I have tried several popular ones (UDPP, NARS, etc). This makes shadows go on extremely vibrant and they last ALL day. At the end of the day my shadow still looks like it was freshly applied with this! The product itself is a thick, clear gel substance that spreads easily and is not too sticky. I also find that as long as I work quickly, I am still able to blend shadows with this on. This is an amazing primer, I highly reccommend everyone who likes e/s to give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have just ordered a sample of this because a couple of years ago I ordered some eyeshadow samples and noticed that they weren't sparkly so I had put them aside and forgotten about them until a couple of weeks ago. I ordered some more samples and just tried them on the backs of my hands and I'm impressed! The sparkles actually show up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Pekoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll be frank: I'm a glitter kind of girl. And I don't just mean the kind of glitter that a lot of people favor, I mean the kind of glitter that gets called too chunky and unwearable and impossible to use because of fallout. With this product? Nothing is impossible to use. At least not because of how glittery it is.

Pixy Epoxy has been effective in making my shadows more vibrant, last longer, bringing fallout to practically nothing, and -- best of all, in my mind -- making those glitters that reviews call pretty in the pan but disappointing or difficult on the eye look perfect. When I first got this, I tested out Urban Decay's Uzi, a chunky glitter shadow famous for its fallout. Not only did every bit stick perfectly with Pixie Epoxy and couldn't be rubbed off, it actually picked up glitter from the non-epoxy'd sample when it was rubbed.

Basically, if you like glitterbombs, use this and you will be instantly seduced. If you own any shimmer or glitter eyeshadow, you probably will be too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by latemonroe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't express how much I love this product...this has allowed me to use all of my loose shadows again without having to worry about fallout. As others say, use a TINY bit and allow it to dry a little then pat eyeshadow on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by MPH77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say that this is my HG primer for all my mineral eyeshadows.

The first couple of times,I used this, I used way too much, and my shadows and eyeliner ended up all smudged. I looked horrible and I was on the brink of writing this off. I checked out some reviews in here (thank God), and I realised that you only have to use a really tiny amount. A little goes a very long way!

My shadows are so amazing with this primer, they sparkle and pop, and I keep the glimmer where it belong, instead of all over my face. I can not live without this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh lucky me, I finally scored a new tube of this in a swap just recently & my oh my how excited I am about this product! SOOO fun really makes my shadows stick & pop like no other! I love how it drastically reduces shadow fall-out so not as much product lands on your cheek & wastes. Looks fabulous with almost all my shadows. I think I found a staple here & may never go without. Very easy application, doesnít take much product at all so I imagine it will last forever. I must admit though the first time I tried it I thought I was going to do a smoky eye & had no clue how to use it & ended up with raccoon eyes (not in the cute way), it was quite funny. Glad I didnít write it off right then & actually researched how to use the product because I am in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is a god-send for glitter fiends like me! Works really well with loose pigments/glitters, to add some extra 'oomph' to your looks. You need the teeniest, tiniest dab, which means your tube of this will last forever. The downside is the shipping process Fyrinnae has. If you don't want to wait, you can always opt for the LA Splash Sealer/Base which is just as good as Pixie Epoxy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pixie Epoxy works so well for adhering sparkly and glittery eyeshadows. You do have to follow Fyrinnae's instructions to pat eyeshadows on top of this - if you brush them on in the normal manner, it makes a big sticky mess. I don't use this primer every day with every eyeshadow, but it's great with certain colors. I do wish that this came in a squeeze tube (I don't feel like the doe foot applicator is particularly hygienic, as you touch it to your face or hand in order to then pat it on the eyelids), but that doesn't keep me from reordering this. This tube lasts forever - I usually throw it away due to old age before it's actually empty.