Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

on 7/1/2011 8:18:00 PM

FIrst, I love Bobbi Brown. I cannot resist a woman entreprenuer with a pioneer spirit. The great thing about her is she has managed to forge into a territory that not many other cosmetic companies have - the darker skin tones. She's also done it brilliantly. It's not just the darkest tones, either it's the ones in the middle that she seems to have nailed so perfectly - like NC40 me! I wear the 4.5 in the foundations and the Antugua is the perfect counterpart. It's not too shiny, not too sparkly. not too pigmented. It's perfect. And once it is applied and it sort of oxodizes, it sort of melds into my (yellow toned) skin and looks like I've been swinging through the jungle and eating fruit all of my life in the tropical sun. Ok, that's corny, but it does give a great glow year round. It's perfect. Love.

on 5/26/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have a MAC C40/NC42 or Bobbi Brown Honey skin tone and this product looks great on my skin. i was initially worried that this would be too light for me and not make much difference to my darker skin however it gives my face a lovely healthy glow and enhances my cheekbones beautifully. I have had compliments about how well I looked after wearing this so it definitely gets full marks from me.

on 5/19/2011 11:53:00 AM

Finally! I found the perfect bronzer! And it's the last bronzer I will ever buy. Why? Nothing could be as good as this one. I'm very pale, and this color is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. Gives my face the perfect flush. Not orangey or dirty looking at all. I only use a tiny bit on my cheeks and forehead, but you can build to a darker tone and even that looks great.

Unfortunately, like most of Bobbi's products, it is outrageously high in cost. But the product is well worth the cost because there just isn't anything as good as this out there. Most bronzers are very unflattering to pale faces and this one is the exception, so I don't mind paying a fortune for something that looks this good. Awesome product, can't recommend it enough.

on 5/17/2011 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Like many reviewers of this product, I am very pale. Normal bronzer just looks stupid on me, but this is a gorgeous colour. I agree that the colour is more of a blusher than a bronzer. I don't find it glittery, just gives a subtle, flattering glow. Use it lots in the warmer months when my Pale Pink Pot Rouge doesn't feel quite right.

on 5/16/2011 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Brilliant bronzer! I have never been able to wear any bronzer as they always look ridiculous on me. I am super pale with a cool pink undertone. I have tried loads and loads of bronzers and eventually gave up trying to find one. Saw this and thought I would try once more. So so glad I did. Perfect. It's subtle, will last ages and makes me look healthy.

on 5/1/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. I have very fair, pink toned skin, so most bronzers I've tried in the past either turn orange on me or just make my face look dirty. Not this one. It gives me a beautiful, "lit from within" glow to my skin, without being sparkly or obvious. Love it. Great for a very natural, effortless look. Would definitely purchase this again, although I feel like this pan is going to last aaaaages.

on 4/25/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ooh la la!
Pretty close to blush perfection - though light skinned, pink toned beauties may be able to work this as a bronzer (I honestly haven't tried, I just use it as a blush, it's so pretty!).
Antigua is a nude toned beige pink, slightly dusky and with a very subtle shimmer. It's not sparkly like Maui but it does have a little bit of glow to it, I'd say a satin finish as opposed to shimmer. It is definitely more pink (as in Image 4 above) than brown though, but neutral, rather than warm or cool. It's not super duper pigmented and may need a couple of layers (which is my preference actually because it's easier to build up the desired intensity) to really show up, though this of course, depends solely on your skin tone to begin with.
Great for doing a diffuse pink wash of colour and then adding a smaller, brighter pop of colour right on the apples, gorgeous with a smidge of nude or peach toned highlighter or simply lovely all on it's own.
The 9 gram pan is very generous, if ever so slightly powdery at for $65NZD (I got mine for $45) so for about $7 per gram, it's more cost effective than most L'Oreal or Revlon blushers.
Hard to go wrong with this!

on 3/23/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Alrighty as we all know this should be marketed as a blush and put in the blush catagory. Anyhow I think women from fair to dark could wear this shade and it would show up, it would depend on if this is a shade/formula you would like. To me it's a medium (not bright) pink, not a blue based pink but a neutral pink. Nicely pigmented and not alot of shimmer/glitter on the cheeks but not flat/matte either. It retails for $33 for .28 oz/8 g.

on 3/19/2011 3:59:00 PM

My first Bobbi Brown purchase and I love it. Been using this for about a year now, and it gives me a great, natural color that works with my fair skin in the middle of winter or in the summer when I have a bit of color. I wouldn't call in a bronzer, but I apply it as such and its great.

on 1/3/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This product is pure love. As far as powders go, this comes about as close to shimmery, soft pink perfection as I've found. Just the softest, barely perceptible shade of neutral/cool pink that's deep enough to wear as a blush (the brownish base adds depth without it wearing too deep or bright, as most blushes do) yet also highlights thanks to the fine shimmer. I'm psychotic about anything with a shimmer being too frosty but the shimmer in this merely encourages this powder from a flattening matte finish to a soft, near-satin finish. Prevents your face from looking flat or dull, as most bronzers have a tendency to do so. The soft pink actually brightens up my face without looking bright-blushy. I typically prefer a cream but there are days when a powder is just easier to swipe on and go, also they can layer very nicely over a cream for a more polished finish. This wears nicely on it's own to even out skin, brighten and yes, illuminate. I just look healthier with this on. This layers nicely over her Chocolate cherry PR for some more depth. I wanted a soft, neutral, brightening pink without looking too cotton-candy pink and this is it. My olive tone typically makes even the most subtle pink shades look ridiculous, but this is lovely. Absolutely backup worthy. I can see this flattering a variety of skin tones.

Popular Bronzers