October 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by poisonivy08

i love this shade :-) ..it brightens up my face. it's kind of a pinkish red and i found out it's very similar to avon ultra color lipstick in lava love . fire and ice doesn't make my teeth appear yellow nor it emphasizes dryness . one thing more i love about this is that it glides evenly on my lips and doesn't have any bothering scent at all

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is a super wearable red and unlike any of the other reds I have in my collection. I love it!! It's so face-brightening and because it's so bright and clean, it's great for daytime or a more "casual red." I would say it leans a bit more pinkish/coraly. I am used to wearing pretty rich, bold, slightly cool reds. This is a whole other ball game, but I love it. I have cool undertones so I normally stay away from warmer reds, but this doesn't pull too warm on my skin so you might want to try it even if you don't normally go for these types of reds. doesn't look too clownish/tomatoey/costumey at all; it's surprisingly refreshing and bright, actually. I can see why it was such a classic back in the day (and still is).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

Hands down one of my HG lippies!!! Such a classy beautiful elegant yet dangerous shade of red. Definitely not for the faint-hearted as it is a pretty loud shade of red that carries a mix of warm and cool undertones. Can see it flattering a wide range of skintones but I do think it tends to flatter the fair skinned beauties a taddd more. Nevertheless such a flattering shade on a variety of skintones. Love how it makes my complexion look glowier, face look fairer and teeth look whiter! A great anytime red IMO. I LOVE THIS and would definitely recommend it and repurchase it <3 HG STATUS.

Wrote a more indepth review and swatches at http://stopnmakeupp.blogspot.ae/2013/07/time-bound-tuesday-revlon-super.html

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh Fire and Ice, why do you hate me so? I am no stranger to vibrant reds, in fact the majority of my extensive lipstick stash consists of very assertive true reds and deep berry shades. So really I had to have Fire and Ice in my collection.

I felt doubtful of how the swatch looked - kind of like the colour was somehow floating above my skin rather than on it - but I so wanted to give this a try that I bought it anyway. On my skin this colour is indescribable - in a bad way unfortunately. It makes my skin look bright yellow. (It is not - I am pale and rosy). It makes my teeth look yellower. It looks both too hot AND too cold - something I would never have believed possible. I feel like I am wearing clown makeup when I try to wear this - and I LOVE bright, assertive, bold lip colour. Sigh. I can see the beauty of the colour in the stick, I can see that it looks amazing on others. I will never be able to wear it.

Texture of this lipstick was creamy though not as creamy as other super lustrous shades I've tried - perhaps the extraordinary richness of pigment makes it a little firmer and drier. Colour payoff was excellent - full coverage with one swipe, when I find most colours in this range require two. I have no idea about it's staying power as I've never managed to leave this on longer than a few minutes. Respect to those of you who can pull this one off - and to those who can't - you are not alone!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Beth12150

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite simply red lipstick nirvana. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. It is sublime. Extremely red, a bit mad but in a very very good way, bright and luminous and luscious. I'm wearing it with nothing but the smallest amount of black mascara and it seems to make my eyes sparkle, my skin glow, my teeth white... it is transcendant!

My grandmother used to wear Fire and Ice, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to try it.

Easy to apply, no need to use a liner, and it feels comfortable after three hours with just a little fading. My only gripe is that the packaging is not quite as glam as I could wish (although I believe that it is possible to find very beautiful special edition versions) and that the price here in France is higher than it would be in either the UK or the US.

I love Really Red (Revlon Matte), but this is altogether a different kind of red - one that you could wear at any time of day, at any time of year, for any occasion. I think it will look just as good on my chalk white winter skin as it does on my slightly tanned summer face.

I love this so much that my daughter has just felt it necessary to clarify that I love HER more than the LIPSTICK - don't you Mummy? Of course I do, darling....

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow! Everything said that is positive about this shade is absolutely true! And as at least one person suggests, I agree that lining the lips with a plum makes the color more flattering, at least on me. Revlon kicks MAC's ______ as far as lipsticks go. Sorry. I still love MAC lip liners & their makeup brush cleanser. Their eye shadows are great too-but too expensive, unfortunately Wet n Wild, which is a ds dupe does not have as many shades as MAC, though & at my age, I prefer matte shadows. Getting back to this shade, I give it a raving 5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I had been looking around for a bright true red, and decided that since my broke butt couldn't afford any more, I had to revisit my makeup drawer and find a dupe for something like nars heat wave or dragon girl.

I got this lipstick about three years ago. At seventeen, I couldn't handle the brightness. To me, it was garish, ugly, clownish, and just no. Now I can handle bright lipsticks without looking like I played dress up with mummy's makeup. This color was exactly the red I wanted and I had it all along!

Yes, it is still bright. This is not a retro vampy shade for film noirs and mysterious smokey rooms where men play poker and drink. It's a bright, almost 80s shade that stands out without being orange tinged. I have lady danger and so chaud for that. It has a sheen without being glossy and consequently tacky looking. I think it will be perfect for this summer.

Leaves a nice stain, doesn't feather or dry out my crocodile lips any more. I'm glad I didn't go out and drop 20 on a same color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fire and Ice, the name says it all. When Revlon brought it out, women flocked to buy and wear it. Of course, back then, red lips were popular. It wasn't unusual for women to be sporting reds on their pouty mouths. Today, we wear all sorts of colors. This color has withstood the test of time, and Revlon keeps bringing it out because it is the #1 red color of all sellers in the industry. It's the top seller of all time because Fire and Ice has been around the longest.
It's more of a coral red. It's bright. It has some shine to it. It brings attention to your lips. It will highlight your face. It's not for the faint of heart. It's a color that women who normally wear red lipstick will try and if they like it, it becomes a permanent in their collection of reds.
I like to use it more in the summertime/spring because of it's brightness. It's not sheer and will last for a few hours. Depending on your color, (I'm pale) it will highlight your other areas. You can wear this alone with very little eye product just for a simple look. It's that good of a color. It lights up your face enough to do that. How many lipsticks do you own that are stand alone products? Should you decide to go the full makeup route beware to go less on everything else or you do look heavy on cosmetics. That's what this does. Fire and Ice is just there, designed to take over your face, highlight your mouth, draw attention to it. The original ad read: "For those of you who love to flirt with fire...who dare to skate on thin ice...a lush and passionate scarlet...like flaming diamonds dancing on the moon." Dorian Leigh, Hedy Lamarr and Jessica Biel were ads spokespeople for it. It's been around for 60 years now and that's good enough for me.
It's smooth, has lasting power and the color works well for me. It's also inexpensive.A pretty coral red with a little shine. As a change-off in Revlon colors I'll wear Really Red, a cool, matte, blue-red.
Look for Fire and Ice when it comes out in the special anniversary case. They've been really pretty.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This beauty launched in 1952, and it's been relevant ever since. As you'd imagine from its date of birth, it's a very creamy, fiery, coral-based, quintessentially '50s pagoda red. What makes it unique is how it seems to adapt to a variety of complexions without losing any of its hard-hitting, borderline neon strength. Definitely a keeper, and--no surprise--I tend to relish the fact that part of the midcentury visual norm can be used to torment 21st-Century squares. Irony makes the world go 'round. Although, again, if you shy away from very strong, statement-making colours, then despite the diversity of the fan base, this one probably won't be up your street.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have never seen my mom so excited as when she talked about this lipstick from her days of youth in the late 50's & early 60's. She loves it. Well, apparently I have completely different coloring than her (even though we are both fair with almost black hair, brown eyes)...she must be more yellow toned or something (I am NW20). Because this red skews so orange red on me. (think a 70's Camaro). It is not an ugly color...just on me. I look better in pink or blue based reds. This just clashed so bad with my skin tone. My mom said it was the perfect combination of warm tones (Fire) and cool tones (Ice) to create the perfect universal red shade. Nice in theory, but it didn't translate to my lips that way.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No