March 2, 2015 | 1723 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

What an interesting shade! It definitely changes color depending on who it's on, other colors around it, and lighting. I have medium, yellow-toned skin (NC30), and Fire and Ice looks very pink red swatched on my hand, but on my lips it's a definite coral red. In the tube, Fire and Ice looks like it has equal parts red, orange, and pink, and the result seems to be that its color varies depending on what surrounds it. The formula didn't dry out my lips, and it lasted through a couple of drinks (I didn't reapply for 3-4 hours, and color coverage was worn down but still decent-looking). I think everyone should try Fire and Ice at least once. It's so accessible and wallet-friendly, and it's fun to have a lipstick that changes color depending on the wearer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Liz318

This is my red! I bought this since I'm going through a red lips phase and when I put it on I fell in love! I immediately bought a back up. I love how this looks with minimal make up and with a full face. Classic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Orange red. I have purchased this a total of 4 times since 1991. I keep hoping that my tube will reflect the intended color which as the name suggests should be equal parts cool and warm red. No. No. And, no. This is orange on my lips. I really detest this color as I think orange anything on the mouth is fugly and makes one's teeth look yellow. Lastly, I loathe the formula, scent and wear time. Wish I could understand why this is still in production when so many other really competent colors have been axed. Go figure. Go elsewhere.
FYI: If your a blue eyed PPP blond like moi and want a retro sexpot red lip buy Mia Moore from TheBalm. Of all the red lipsticks I own I get more sincere unsolicited compliments when I wear this color. The formula is staggeringly brilliant and the pigment never feathers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by poisonivy08

i love this shade :-) ..it brightens up my face. it's kind of a pinkish red and i found out it's very similar to avon ultra color lipstick in lava love . fire and ice doesn't make my teeth appear yellow nor it emphasizes dryness . one thing more i love about this is that it glides evenly on my lips and doesn't have any bothering scent at all

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is a super wearable red and unlike any of the other reds I have in my collection. I love it!! It's so face-brightening and because it's so bright and clean, it's great for daytime or a more "casual red." I would say it leans a bit more pinkish/coraly. I am used to wearing pretty rich, bold, slightly cool reds. This is a whole other ball game, but I love it. I have cool undertones so I normally stay away from warmer reds, but this doesn't pull too warm on my skin so you might want to try it even if you don't normally go for these types of reds. doesn't look too clownish/tomatoey/costumey at all; it's surprisingly refreshing and bright, actually. I can see why it was such a classic back in the day (and still is).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

Hands down one of my HG lippies!!! Such a classy beautiful elegant yet dangerous shade of red. Definitely not for the faint-hearted as it is a pretty loud shade of red that carries a mix of warm and cool undertones. Can see it flattering a wide range of skintones but I do think it tends to flatter the fair skinned beauties a taddd more. Nevertheless such a flattering shade on a variety of skintones. Love how it makes my complexion look glowier, face look fairer and teeth look whiter! A great anytime red IMO. I LOVE THIS and would definitely recommend it and repurchase it <3 HG STATUS.

Wrote a more indepth review and swatches at http://stopnmakeupp.blogspot.ae/2013/07/time-bound-tuesday-revlon-super.html

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh Fire and Ice, why do you hate me so? I am no stranger to vibrant reds, in fact the majority of my extensive lipstick stash consists of very assertive true reds and deep berry shades. So really I had to have Fire and Ice in my collection.

I felt doubtful of how the swatch looked - kind of like the colour was somehow floating above my skin rather than on it - but I so wanted to give this a try that I bought it anyway. On my skin this colour is indescribable - in a bad way unfortunately. It makes my skin look bright yellow. (It is not - I am pale and rosy). It makes my teeth look yellower. It looks both too hot AND too cold - something I would never have believed possible. I feel like I am wearing clown makeup when I try to wear this - and I LOVE bright, assertive, bold lip colour. Sigh. I can see the beauty of the colour in the stick, I can see that it looks amazing on others. I will never be able to wear it.

Texture of this lipstick was creamy though not as creamy as other super lustrous shades I've tried - perhaps the extraordinary richness of pigment makes it a little firmer and drier. Colour payoff was excellent - full coverage with one swipe, when I find most colours in this range require two. I have no idea about it's staying power as I've never managed to leave this on longer than a few minutes. Respect to those of you who can pull this one off - and to those who can't - you are not alone!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Beth12150

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite simply red lipstick nirvana. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. It is sublime. Extremely red, a bit mad but in a very very good way, bright and luminous and luscious. I'm wearing it with nothing but the smallest amount of black mascara and it seems to make my eyes sparkle, my skin glow, my teeth white... it is transcendant!

My grandmother used to wear Fire and Ice, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to try it.

Easy to apply, no need to use a liner, and it feels comfortable after three hours with just a little fading. My only gripe is that the packaging is not quite as glam as I could wish (although I believe that it is possible to find very beautiful special edition versions) and that the price here in France is higher than it would be in either the UK or the US.

I love Really Red (Revlon Matte), but this is altogether a different kind of red - one that you could wear at any time of day, at any time of year, for any occasion. I think it will look just as good on my chalk white winter skin as it does on my slightly tanned summer face.

I love this so much that my daughter has just felt it necessary to clarify that I love HER more than the LIPSTICK - don't you Mummy? Of course I do, darling....

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow! Everything said that is positive about this shade is absolutely true! And as at least one person suggests, I agree that lining the lips with a plum makes the color more flattering, at least on me. Revlon kicks MAC's ______ as far as lipsticks go. Sorry. I still love MAC lip liners & their makeup brush cleanser. Their eye shadows are great too-but too expensive, unfortunately Wet n Wild, which is a ds dupe does not have as many shades as MAC, though & at my age, I prefer matte shadows. Getting back to this shade, I give it a raving 5 lippies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I had been looking around for a bright true red, and decided that since my broke butt couldn't afford any more, I had to revisit my makeup drawer and find a dupe for something like nars heat wave or dragon girl.

I got this lipstick about three years ago. At seventeen, I couldn't handle the brightness. To me, it was garish, ugly, clownish, and just no. Now I can handle bright lipsticks without looking like I played dress up with mummy's makeup. This color was exactly the red I wanted and I had it all along!

Yes, it is still bright. This is not a retro vampy shade for film noirs and mysterious smokey rooms where men play poker and drink. It's a bright, almost 80s shade that stands out without being orange tinged. I have lady danger and so chaud for that. It has a sheen without being glossy and consequently tacky looking. I think it will be perfect for this summer.

Leaves a nice stain, doesn't feather or dry out my crocodile lips any more. I'm glad I didn't go out and drop 20 on a same color.