Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

4.4

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Serica Ingredients Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the most perfect red color lipstick, ever. I just dot it on my lips, otherwise it would be super heavy and unflattering. However, the "dots" last for hours and they can even mimic a "natural" flush if applied over lip balm. I'm not a fan of matte lipstick, even though everyone else seems to love it, but this red is so beautiful I need it in my makeup bag. This is especially nice with a cherry gloss (Femme Couture Cherry Frost, $5.49, is great with it). I have a mild addiction to red lip colors, and I have many I've never worn more than once or twice. Fire & Ice is still my favorite, and it works with everything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the packaging, Fire & Ice looks like a vibrant orange-red that'd be right on trend with the orange lips that are in this season. But somehow it looks too cool on my light-medium Southeast Asian coloring, and I just look sallow. Maybe my naturally berry-colored lips show through too much? I'll return this and continue with L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in British Red instead, which is a true red that is simultaneously classic and glamorous.

That aside, the lipstick is heavily pigmented and glides on smoothly. The plasticky cosmetic smell is in line with how most lipsticks smell to me, my prior experience being my mom's Clinique's lipsticks. I would try other Revlon lipsticks, just not a fan of this particular shade.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love me some bright lipstick. I feel like I can put this and only this on and my whole face seems brighter and gets a glow to it. My teeth look very bright too.

I'm an NC45, (maybe a little lighter, like NC43 now?) East Indian skin tone that's very orangey/heavy yellows. I bought Fire and Ice because I was looking for a very "retro" red. I love bright lipsticks because I feel like they help me look less tired on the days I'm not doing so well, or even pull together a classy evening look.

I'm not so good at describing shades, but I'd say Fire and Ice is a bright orange toned red on my lips, but it somehow disappears in flash photography and looks to be a little more muted and pink in photos. That would be my only problem with this lipstick, that it doesn't look the same in pictures. Otherwise, I've always loved Revlon lipsticks and this one is just as pleasing and creamy and long-lasting as the other ones. Go for it, even if you don't want it so intense you can always blot it on your lips and wear it as a delicate stain.

A very creamy orangey- red lipstick. It is very bright and feels good on like it is moisturising lips at the same time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A bright, orange-red lipstick, it's one of my favourites. Sometimes I like a darker more 'sophisticated' red but especially for day time this is my go-to. It's a little drying if you wear it for the whole day, but I find it lasts really well and I usually only need a couple of touch ups.

I can understand people saying it makes them look washed out though, I guess it depends on a lot of other things like the colour of your teeth and foundation too. For me I like a really bold red and it brightens my whole face.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What an interesting shade! It definitely changes color depending on who it's on, other colors around it, and lighting. I have medium, yellow-toned skin (NC30), and Fire and Ice looks very pink red swatched on my hand, but on my lips it's a definite coral red. In the tube, Fire and Ice looks like it has equal parts red, orange, and pink, and the result seems to be that its color varies depending on what surrounds it. The formula didn't dry out my lips, and it lasted through a couple of drinks (I didn't reapply for 3-4 hours, and color coverage was worn down but still decent-looking). I think everyone should try Fire and Ice at least once. It's so accessible and wallet-friendly, and it's fun to have a lipstick that changes color depending on the wearer.

This is my red! I bought this since I'm going through a red lips phase and when I put it on I fell in love! I immediately bought a back up. I love how this looks with minimal make up and with a full face. Classic!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Orange red. I have purchased this a total of 4 times since 1991. I keep hoping that my tube will reflect the intended color which as the name suggests should be equal parts cool and warm red. No. No. And, no. This is orange on my lips. I really detest this color as I think orange anything on the mouth is fugly and makes one's teeth look yellow. Lastly, I loathe the formula, scent and wear time. Wish I could understand why this is still in production when so many other really competent colors have been axed. Go figure. Go elsewhere.
FYI: If your a blue eyed PPP blond like moi and want a retro sexpot red lip buy Mia Moore from TheBalm. Of all the red lipsticks I own I get more sincere unsolicited compliments when I wear this color. The formula is staggeringly brilliant and the pigment never feathers.

i love this shade :-) ..it brightens up my face. it's kind of a pinkish red and i found out it's very similar to avon ultra color lipstick in lava love . fire and ice doesn't make my teeth appear yellow nor it emphasizes dryness . one thing more i love about this is that it glides evenly on my lips and doesn't have any bothering scent at all

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a super wearable red and unlike any of the other reds I have in my collection. I love it!! It's so face-brightening and because it's so bright and clean, it's great for daytime or a more "casual red." I would say it leans a bit more pinkish/coraly. I am used to wearing pretty rich, bold, slightly cool reds. This is a whole other ball game, but I love it. I have cool undertones so I normally stay away from warmer reds, but this doesn't pull too warm on my skin so you might want to try it even if you don't normally go for these types of reds. doesn't look too clownish/tomatoey/costumey at all; it's surprisingly refreshing and bright, actually. I can see why it was such a classic back in the day (and still is).

Recommended for Medium Skin