E.L.F. Studio Corrective Concealer

1.9

Price: $

Price: $

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Mica, Candelilla Wax (Candelilla Cera), Synthetic Wax, Triacontanyl PVP, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax). May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Maganese Violet (CI77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

on 3/24/2013 12:11:00 AM

I got this in yellow, green, blue and pink and I was pretty exciting despite seeing some iffy reviews on there. I love most of E.L.F.s packaging and I've tried a few other concealers and quite liked them. I have a lot if red blotches on my face from acne scarring because I'm so fair in skin tone the green is what caught my eye. When I first attempted to use this I tried using the concealer brush it came with and was pretty disappointed to e honest. But after working with it, I've found that the product needs to be warmed up with my fingers before it will really work, so now I just use my fingers to tap it on and blend. The green is a bit sheer, but does get the job done. I love the pink and yellow for under my eyes. It goes on nicely, but I HAVE to set it with powder otherwise there's some major creasage going on. I'm a bit of the fence with this product. It does what it says. It corrects my problem areas, but you have to work at it a bit in order to warm up the product and blend it. I don't see how anyone could use this without using their fingers. I'm not sure if I'd buy this again, but for the price it's hard to decide. I like it and I don't! But it never hurts to try it out considering the price. Keep in mind it does work with a bit of patience and warmth.

on 3/17/2013 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product works great, but I would not buy again because there is no yellow concealer. Blends well, smooth.

on 2/26/2013 5:58:00 PM

This is really nice. I got this in Erase and Conceal and works nicely. Blends great and no smell. Comes with a cute little concealer brush too! Sleek and great for travel. Great concealer!

on 11/9/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am so shocked at the terrible reviews! I actually got this exactly two weeks ago, and i have used this every day since then. i have tried benefit's erase paste, as well as mac's pro-long wear concealer. Both of these settle into the small wrinkles right under my eyes. Elf's concealer surprisingly did a better job! i dont notice any creasing under my eye until later in the day, about 7 to eight hours after application. Elf, i would have to say, is almost up there with my mac and benefit concealers. there is some greasiness to the product, but it still works very well for me. i use the pink and light beige shade for my dark under eye circles and the green and deeper shade for blemishes or scars that i may have on my face. i seldom use it, i dont have very many break outs. For the price, i will most definitely keep repurchasing!

on 10/28/2012 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have no idea why this product has gotten such low reviews! My one guess is I do not think the women on here are using it correctly. First of all, it comes with 4 colors. Not all of them go on the same blemish, dark circle, etc.. If you watch a youtube tutorial, there is a certain way to apply this concealer and a certain order that you use the colors in. Watch it before purchasing. Other than that, this product is EXTREMELY creamy! I LOVE creamy concealer. I can just dip my concealer brush in there and a little bit goes a long way. The green is great for covering acne scars or any type of red blemish. The lilac color works wonders for dark circles under the eyes. Then, you can use the other two skin colors and blend them over the green or lilac. This is great for going underneath full coverage foundation and powder. 4 out of 5 stars because it takes time to apply as far as concealers go.

on 10/16/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised by how little this concealer covers. I thought that since it had four different shades, it would cover a lot of things. However, it is hard to apply, blend, and looks cakey. The green does not counteract blemishes. On the contrary, the red does a "good" job at covering dark circles, but it does make it look cakey. You would need to apply another set of concealer to make it look normal and blend it well. The brush that came with it does not help with application at all.

on 7/16/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm really surprised at the low ratings of this product. it's not the best concealer in the world, but it seems to work okay for me. i don't have a problem getting it out of the pan, and the brush isn't that bad, just too small to use on anything other than zits. the green helped cover and i really liked the pink one too. it's a shame this product wasn't more successful for everyone.

on 5/27/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was a disappointment considering I have never been anything but satisfied with elf prodects. Its lac of pigments makes it not useable for any concealer needed areas. It's not very pigmented, and tons od silca powder in it. It reminds me of how the revlon matte lipsticks feel. BUT they make a good eye shadow primer, and if u have places that need to be covered cover with a good concealer then this over to make your makeup go on smooth. They suck at doing what they were made for but there are useful other ways!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm not even mad because this was super cheap, but it really really sucks. It's like halloween makeup. There's absolutely nothing you can do with this stuff.

on 5/15/2012 12:42:00 PM

yup, all the comments are true and real. This stuff cannot be used as a concealer or anything.