LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.6

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 6/26/2014 11:29:00 AM

I don't know what on earth I did before this product, and I don't know what I'll do if I'm ever without it. I have combination to oily, very acne-prone skin. I've dealt with acne in some form for almost 15 years. It's quite mild now, but still prone to spots. Grease Lightning is perfect for my skin.

I smooth it on all over my face (avoiding eye area, of course), dabbing a little extra on any spots or blemishes I currently have. A little goes a long way. The texture is a fluid gel that absorbs almost instantly into the skin and leaves zero "feeling" behind, as if you never put anything on. The smell is very subtle and fresh; it doesn't really smell like tea tree oil to my nose, although I would describe it as "herbal-y."

This does a great job of clearing up the little red pimples I get that never come to a head. It will also work on inflamed pimples or pustules, although it does take a little longer to bring them down than the usual acne medications like benzoyl peroxide. It's a worthwhile trade-off to me, though, because this doesn't dry out my skin or make it flake. I actually find it quite soothing to my skin and it seems to bring down irritation as well as zits. It will not do anything on cystic acne, however, and if I find myself with a cyst, I skip this and bust out the benzoyl peroxide straight away.

The other nice thing about this is that it keeps me matte. After starting to use it every night, I've noticed I wake up with much less oil on my face in the morning. I don't usually use this during the day, but if my skin feels particularly oily, I will - and it really does help keep the oil at bay underneath my makeup.

Bottom line: This doesn't do 100% of the work of keeping me clear, but I've found it to be a very valuable component. Will keep using and will repurchase when I run out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Definitely not a fan of this whatsoever. I was recommended this product in store while looking for something to get rid of breakouts. J was told this was an amazing zit zapper. And I find it does absolutely nothing for me. Even when I used it religiously for weeks. I was also told it could be used as a mattifier. Which it totally does give your skin a matte finish when a thin layer is applied. But when it dries and you move your face it feels so tight and it cracks so I don't know how anyone could use this under much less over makeup.

on 5/21/2014 5:27:00 PM

Absolutely love it, for people who can't do the normal stuff this is a godsend. Will be buying again. Just use it on the areas where you break out, not the other areas. Be sure to apply a moisturizer afterward.

on 5/10/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! I have very acne prone skin and this does the job, dries up breakouts very fast and seems to help fade redness as well. I love that it's all natural gentle ingredients! The smell is ok, nothing I'm crazy over but definitely don't dislike it. I know this is a spot treatment, however I use it all over my face to prevent new pimples and it's toning agents. It contains witch hazel, which is an amazing natural astringent/toner.

on 3/30/2014 3:03:00 PM

I love this spot treatment and it seems to work well. I like the fact that all the ingredients are simple and natural, so it isn't too harsh on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really hate myself right now, you'd think that I would learn my lesson. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through my cabinets when I saw this. A pang went through my heart when I saw this. I knew that my face had negatively reacted to it before, but the bottle looked so sad sitting there full. I decided I'd risk it. I followed the procedure and glimpsed at my face in the mirror the next morning, more pimples! They were in places I never usually get them in. With a sigh, I emptied the bottle out and threw it in my trash, eliminating any chance of me falling for temptation again. I still have the result of curiosity and hope on my face.

on 3/26/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use this all over my face as a serum. I wouldn't recommend applying like that unless you experience severely oily skin and acne. It definitely seemed improve skin texture and worked better as a preventative measure against future breakouts than it did to heal acne I already had. I had a separate spot treatment prescribed from my dermatologist that was more effective than this that I used on small areas.

I liked it while I used it, but eventually I discontinued using this product because my skin seemed to get used to the formula over time and it quit working for me.

on 3/25/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't think a lot of people are understand how this product is supposed to work. It is NOT an all over face product. It is a spot treatment. You use it on blemishes. Obviously nothing is going to be a miracle worker on those big cyst like pimples. Those need to work themselves out. I use this on white/black heads and it has been an absolute life saver. Maybe its not for all skin types, i understand that, not everything can be, but if you're not using a product correctly, of course its not going to work. This is also not something you can generally put on and then go out in the world with, because as it dries, if forms a film over the skin and flakes off the longer you keep it on. I put it on before bed and generally when i wake up, 80% of it has rubbed off. I have oily, acne prone skin and while it hasn't really done much for the oilyness, it is a miracle worker on pimples. I swear by this product. I use it after Lush's Fresh Farmacy and Tea Tree Toner Spray and my skin has never looked better!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product was okay. Before I bought this I was using a formula 10.0.6 spot treatment and I liked it because it did improve my skin and got rid of spots, but I always like to go for lush products because I feel like they're more natural. This product did calm my skin did and it reduced the appearance of a few of my spots, but when I had a breakout it made little difference. I also found I felt like I was wasting product, because one pump of the bottle was too much for just a few problem spots. This was a good product though and I would repurchase it.

on 3/12/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Overall, this product did zap the big whiteheads, but didnt help much with the red bump-acne, as my acne is too severe for this, I have medium to bad acne.

Popular Treatments (Face)