Smashbox Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss

3.9

on 9/20/2010 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I never would have bought this product on my own, but Smashbox sent a sizeable sample with my package. I always like to have a clear lipgloss around, but I don't generally use them very often. I don't know what to make of this one. When I went to put it on it was very thick coming out of the tube. When I put it on it was more balm-like than gloss-like. The shimmer is very pretty, not overly glittery. I wore this over a lipstain and it was beautiful. It lasted a long time because it was more thick in consistency and it was moisturizing. It's a keeper. I've only used it once so I'll update if I change my mind.

on 9/10/2010 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I saw this on one of the shopping shows and thought it looked pretty cool. I finally got my hands on it and it is even better in person. I am really picky on glosses and this one is fabulous. The tube is nice and it is really easy to hold in my hand. The color is a shiny clear that goes on so beautifully. It makes me look polished and put together. It makes my lips have that natural color that is glossy. I was worried this was going to be too shimmering, but it is in a nice not over done way. I love the scent, it reminds me of vanilla. I like that the gloss goes on thick, but is easy to smooth in. I was impressed that even though it is a gloss it makes my lips feel very soft. There are really just so many great things to say about this gloss. I am so happy with it.

Update: I do not like the grains/glitter in this. I find it rather annoying and very noticeable while wearing this. I am undecided if I will continue to use this. I would not repurchase this being I barely reach for it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I suspect this will last a long time, because it is thick. It is moisturizing but if you are prone to chapped lips use a lip balm underneath. Nice slim tube and rubbery tip for smooth application! High shine and alright price.... :D

on 5/18/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Awesome awesome awesome! Goes well over anything, makes u have that 'polished' look infact if u have not got it yet, i suggest u MAKE A RUN FOR IT! I got it for free cos I work as a cosmetician, I wont be found without this!

on 5/15/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I also got this from sephora when I reached 100 points. I thought it looked so cute in the little tube that I wanted to get it haha. It's a very nice color, but I don't like how it's thick, I prefer thinner lipglosses.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this as a sample from Sephora when I reached 100 points. I really thought its just clear gloss whatever, I'll probably give it away. When i first used this I was so surprised because it looked so good! It's clear but it has these light reflecting shimmers in it so it makes you lipstick/bare lips look amazing! I also noticed that it makes whatever your wearing underneath last a lot longer.When i finish this I am going to Sephora and buying the full size.

Im obsessed with this product. I use it every day I love it it goes with every lip color it goes great over lip sticks and its fantastic to wear by itself as well.

on 3/8/2010 4:02:00 PM

I do love this gloss...and I always have problems with glosses...when I wear a sheer lipstick like MAC's myth or Angel, I always add this on top...it lasts and really makes the lipstick colour pop.

on 3/8/2010 3:41:00 AM

I love this. It doesn't make my lips flaky. It stays on. It doesn't look frosty. I like the squeeze tube application and it's skinny so I can fit it almost anywhere in my purse.

I got this as a gift, and I would definitely purchase

on 2/18/2010 5:00:00 PM

So as you kno, I have trouble with glosses. They tend to leave the dreaded 'white line' on the inside of my lips. The more petroleum in the product, the whiter the line. So tend to shy away from thick glosses. And most times glitter, or reflective shine of any kind makes it worse! I found this putzing around Sephora days after the blizzard here on the east coast (the mall was EMPTY!!) and decided to give this a whirl. A handsome sample was provided to me by the SA and off I went for a couple of hours, looking in the mirror every couple of minutes (I must've looked SOOOO vain to others) and to my surprise...NO WHITE LINE!! HOORAY. Could I have finally found a product that is thick enough to hold a shine for more than 20 minutes and give me what I want?? I ate, I drank, and i held long converstions with jealous 'cabin fevered' gf's. SAo far, so good. But continue to keep your lips really moisturized to stop the 'reflective pearl' from sinking into the lines of ur lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin