August 27, 2014 | 1866 users online

Fragrances - Prada - L'Eau Ambrée

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I suppose the clue is in the title: L'EAU. So what you are getting is not a loud in your face AMBER but a light delicate fragrance that has grown on me since I got it a couple of years ago for Christmas. If you are looking for a loud spicey oriental there are probably better choices out there for you. This whispers away very gently like a light comforting voile. An up close and personal scent. This is not your typical warm amber either but combines citrusy notes which gives it a lighter cooler feeling. This is very wearable in the Summer as well as in the Winter. Suitable for day wear thought I like to wear it in the evening as well. Peronally I like the look of the bottle but in terms of practicality it is a pain in the neck. it's the sort of fragrance that slips away unobtrusively into the background. You may not think it is there until your lift whatever you were wearing the day before and there it is reassuringly still there like a constant friend. (Sorry if that was wishy washy!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful scent, that rarest of creatures: a perfect summer oriental. Not that it's not great all year, but it opens with a gorgeous citrus that smells fresh and light. Then the amber drifts in slowly, but this never becomes too heavy or rich. There's a transparency to it. Elegant, office appropriate, can be dressed up or down. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I have a large Prada sample from beautyencounter. It seems different
from when I have repeatedly tested Ambree at NM a couple years ago.
Powdery, old fashioned, turns to something like a skanky bathroom
freshener on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by EM603

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this in a sample from ulta..never smelled Prada before but figured for the brand it would be nice..totally wrong! Worst smelling perfume ever! I am not sensitive to smells and I love sophisticated smells but this is like alcohol mixed with gasoline..then it wears off into nothing a minute later..wtf?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

I love the smell of this. I always get great compliments when wearing it. Its light and very chic at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lirial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I initially got this as a carded sample a couple of years ago. I only got to wear it once before it was lost, but I always remembered it and wanted to try it again. My husband bought the gift set for me for Christmas, and I'm certain this is my HG fragrance.

I love that this is a combination of sensuous musk, spice, and vanilla without being overly sweet or strong. It has a subtle sexiness while maintaining a clean and fresh presence. This makes it great for day or evening wear and I get many compliments from those who catch the fragrance.

I do notice that it seems strong and perfumy when it's first spritzed on, which may turn people off when sampling in a store. However, if you give this fragrance 10-15 minutes to dry down, it's very mellow and lovely.

The staying power is pretty good, but I do reapply in the evening if I'm going out. The shower gel and lotion are excellent, high-quality compliments to this, as the fragrance is true even in these different formats. Great for layering.

I'm in love. I should also note that I bought the men's version of this amber fragrance for my husband, and when we both wear our respective versions, they are complimentary and do not clash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by amysharp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for those who want a more manly scent. Smells a little like mens old fashioned aftershave, but with the prada twist. Clean, but perfumy at the same time. Very light, but lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a whiff of this in a magazine while waiting for my hair stylist and was immediately smitten. Watching me rub my wrists against the page seemed to entertain the other patrons who sort of looked around at each other, rolling their eyes. It settles very nicely on me, and I don't feel it's old ladyish at all and would rather define it as sophisticated. It's unique, and I love unique. This isn't for everyone, that's for sure, but when I see my husband lift up his head, put down the remote, and sniff the air, I know I've got a hit. Since I hate aquatic scents, I'm ever so grateful that it doesn't carry that particular note like so many of the new scents today.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly different. Its unlike anything I have ever smelled. It brings to mind a mature woman...its not overpowering and on me does not last as such. But its for days when one just wants to stay @ home and cuddle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by sfsassy1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think I found my HG scent. I was not even thinking about this one, when a nice SA at Macy's told me to try it based on my other faves. WOW! What a winner. It's a soft powder/Amber scent that is very nice.

I would get another bottle of this when this one runs out.