October 21, 2014 | 1957 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

ELF Mellow Mauve is a very trustworthy blush, the color and pigmentation are fool-proof. I can wear it everyday if I want to, except I won't because I have too many damn blushers to be using just one. But you could if you are not a blushers hoarders like I am.
The color to me is plummy pink with subtle bluish shimmers. Unless another person is standing two inches away from me or I am painting my face for the stage, the shimmers are just enough to give a glow, nothing like a ghastly disco ball. The powder is smooth and blends beautifully, last on me up to 6 hours. Pigmentation is nothing like let's say Black Radiance Raspberry blush, but still more than decent. Quite frankly, I like this level of pigmentation; the color shows up and I don't look like a fool playing with makeup especially since it is winter and I have gone disturbingly from NC35 to like NC 20ish. However, if you are a lady of darker skintone, let's say NC 45 and deeper, I am afraid this won't show up on you. Plus, this thing is only 3.25 including tax. You can take it on the holiday, throw it in your makeup bag and will not cry a river if you break or lose it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HOLY TARDIS OF GALLIFREY THIS BLUSH IS MAGNIFICENT!
(for all those who are not Dr.Who fans I apologize for my nerdy exclamation)

I decided to pick up this blush at my local Target, and bless the heavens, this product is just a whole lot of right.

I never EVER finish a blush, but I completely finished this one. Don't think that's possible? Well for evidence, and your viewing pleasure, I uploaded a photo. You're welcome.

PROS:
*As pigmented as the tears of Jesus. (I'm not actually sure if Jesus' tears are pigmented. But I assume they are pigmented. Pigmented with THE GLORY OF ALL THINGS WONDERFUL)
*Packaging is wonderful. Sturdy, but not obnoxiously so. Also has a mirror, and trust me, you will appreciate this feature, because you won't want to stop looking at your face with this beautiful blush on.
*Blends effortlessly and beautifully.
*Lasts forever. I have used this daily for years.
*THE PRICE. For $3, you cannot go wrong.

CONS: I can't think of any. Seriously. And if you read my other reviews, you'll find I notice A LOT of bad things about products, and write about them relentlessly (with much hatred and plenty of humor). But I honestly don't see a thing wrong with this product.

I haven't seen any poor reviews on this product, but if you don't like it, all I have to say to you is
MAY ALL YOUR BACON BURN.

This blush is delightful. Buy it.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT blush!! It's very pigmented. It goes on smooth & not chalky @ all for an inexpensive blush. It reminds me of a Clinique blush I used to use. I apply it with the ELF angled blush brush. I bought this to replace my Neutrogena Healthy blush which I hated. Plus, it costed a lot for a drugstore brand. This ELF blush was only $3!! Can't beat that!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I bought this blush because I'm just now getting back into wearing them and I wanted to try out this color before I invest in a HE version. I gotta tell you I am pleasantly surprised by how well this works for me. It's a perfect everyday, natural looking blush on my NW45ish skin. It's juuuust pigmented enough to show up but not too much, so I don't look like a clown. When I first touch it to my skin (using a ELF small stipple brush) it looks a tad bit chalky BUT it blends out beautifully with no chalk in sight and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this blush is a great find for the money. I love the way it looks on my cool skin tone, especially when I'm paler in the winter. It gives a natural flush like I just came inside from a snowstorm. The pigmentation is pretty good. Lasting power is fair, however for a $3 blush I am totally satisfied. I've already hit pan on this after having for just about 5 months!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! Its so affordable, but the quality is amazing. Mellow Mauve actually looks darker to me in the compact, but when I apply it, its such a pretty kind of coral-y color. I have beige/tan skin and about 1 or 2 swipes it gives a natural coral flush that just looks so pretty! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Only 3 dollars for a truly high quality blush. It does everything we would expect from a good blush. It's pigmented, applies smoothly and doesn't fade throughout the day.....but keep in mind that how your makeup wears has a lot to do with the products you put on before your foundation. If too many creams/moisturizers are applied to the skin before makeup application it can definitely alter the way your makeup wears. Mellow Mauve is a beautiful medium mauve shade with a hint of brown which for me makes it wearable and natural looking. For reference I'm an NW20 ~ on the lighter side with golden blonde hair and green eyes..... when I apply Mellow Maune it instantly brightens my face and makes my green eyes really stand out. As for the finish I would say it's matte leaning toward a satin finish but in no way do I see any shimmer. The packaging is perfect......it's attractive looking ~ a simple black case with a mirror, just like Nars. I don't think you could find a finer powder blush at any price point ~ I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Sarhag

One of the few blushes from elf that I like. Really like how this color looks on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Gandhilama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is crap. On my NC43. Since my skin is very warmed tone, this blush comes off blue! At first glance you can`t tell until you swatch it. On my skin it doesn`t even show up, only the blue tint. Horrible! Elf blushes really haven`t worked for me, with the exception of candid coral and blushing rose:D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very very nice as both a blusher and/or a bronzer on pale cool toned skin. No visible shimmer, lasts all day, blends beautifully. I highly recomend it! $3.00 on ELF website....