December 19, 2014 | 1502 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Victoria's Secret - Victoria's Secret Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Wonderland449

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Its so silky and light. I tried some other primers first and they felt either too thick and pasty or so thin and barely there. This one is a good balance. Its thin and smooth but you can feel it on your skin. I feel like I can tell a difference when I wear it under my make up vs without it. I like the pump container because I apply it with my fingers so I just pump once or twice on my fingers and apply. Its not the cheapest but its not crazy expensive either. I don't know how I'm going to get the last of it out with the bottle since you can't open it but I have had it for months and it's not running out yet so when its time to buy more I think its worth it. I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by medusa99

This stuff stinks...literally. It had a sickly sweet smell that I couldn't get past. I only used this a few times before I tossed it.

The one good thing about this primer is it did help keep oil at bay, which is one of my requirements for a primer. It didn't really help give that blurry, hide my pores look that I also look for in a primer. I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer! It is the best one I have used so far, but I have only used three or four, so I don't have an extensive history with primers. I love that it has SPF in it, allowing me to avoid wearing greasy moisturizers under my foundation. It really helps prolong the wear of my foundation (at LEAST 8 hours) and provides a beautiful demi-matte canvas for application. The mineral pigments are softly diffusing of imperfections, so I feel like I can wear this primer solo if I want to. I also love that it has Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C in it, so I feel like I am doing some good for my skin.

I use three pumps for my face, neck, and chest (because of the SPF) and let it set for at about 5 minutes, otherwise it is too fluid for my powder foundation. It definitely dries down quite a bit, so waiting makes the finish better and will prolong the wear of your make-up. I will usually just put it on as the last step in my skin care routine rather than the first step in my makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lease4985

I really like the feeling of this product on my skin. Very lightweight and it feels like it creates a barrier between my makeup and skin, helping to hold up my makeup throughout the day and also to keep my foundation from sinking in to my pores. The only thing that I am disappointed with this product is that because of its popularity the price keeps increasing. Was once a really great value for a great product, hard to find affordable primers that work well...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I love this primer. It's my go to before I put anything on my face as far as makeup goes. I just repurchased after finally finishing a bottle. I have the oil free version because I have an issue with my face getting oily as the day goes on. It still has SPF 15 which I love because I know my face is protected. Also I love how my face feels as I put it on, it's so velvety and smooth. When I went to repurchased I tossed around the idea of getting the hydrating version (it's blue) or the illuminating one, however I was afraid the hydrating version would make my skin too oily and I was afraid I would be a disco ball with the illuminating one. Definitely something you should pick up if you like Smashbox's primer because it's pretty darn close and it's cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is a really good primer!! It reminds me of Smashbox's foundation primer a lot. I think it works just as well. It's not as pricey as higher end primers either. It also comes with a lot in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is just a great primer. I have combination skin that seems to take great pleasure in shedding any and all makeup I apply on it within 6 hours...Or so it did. Until this primer came on the scene.

I know, it's Victoria's Secret, and they're not world renowned for their mind blowing cosmetics, but this is a serious find.

The ways I love thee, my primer:
-SPF 20
-Foundation lasts at max 14 hours instead of 6
-Foundation applies more evenly and is more blendable
-Slight shimmer that adds a little life to matte foundations
-Adds some moisture and prevents flakes
-Skin is velvet soft
-Smooths skin and camouflages pores
-Does not break me out
-Minimal odor
-A doable $18 (not to mention VS has frequent sales/specials so I can stock up)

But it breaks my heart after the 5 or 6th time I use a new bottle. Because, alas, this is yet another wonderful product that has fallen victim to the horrors of BAD PACKAGING!
It's awful. Pure evil. It's so deceptive! It comes in a clear bottle so one can tell how much is left, and has a neat looking pump. However, after around the 6th squirt, you'll notice a consistency change. The product separates slightly and the straw thing from the pump doesn't reach all the way to the bottom! So if you aren't willing to stir up the bottle with your thinnest makeup brush you own (because the neck is TINY!), each day you'll get a surprise degree of runniness. And when you think you've got about 1/4 left, usually the rest is a dried up, useless smudgy chunk mess in the bottom because the straw won't reach down that far.

It's a pity, but not as big of a pity as the fact that time after time, I come back to this primer, with full knowledge that this will happen to me again. Every time, I think to myself "No! This time it will be different! I can change it! I will make this work!" only to buy it, take it home, and be left in the cold light of my vanity's lamp every morning, feverishly trying to stir it back together.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by vic3toriac

When I bought this primer, I got it to replace my Rimmel prime and perfect but little did I know, this does not prolong the life of my makeup look. Dont get me wrong, it is a good primer but its not going to make you look perfect all day. Instead I learned it is meant to make the product application go more smoothly and give sun protection. Other than that, the primer clogged my pores in the long run thanks to its formulation. To top it off, while applying this, it felt oily on my face but dried to a strange plastic like finish. Later when it runs out, it becomes difficult to dispense because of the bottle's shape. Most of the product just retreated to the inside edges of the bottle as I walked zitfaced to the makeup counters to find something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I ordered the vs Pro Airbrush Bronzer Primer, and they got my order wrong and sent me the VS Pro Air brush "ILLUMINATING" one , and I actually liked it, so I decided to not complain and kept it (but will need to re order the bronzer one again). However, being that I did keep this one, I actually DO love it! The color is a like a VERY light pinkish/white tone with very very tiny glitter/shimmer/highlight infusing color specs that very upclose they are like teeny tiny pink shimmer specs.

I also dont mind-but did notice it has a smell-like a light "rose" type of scent (if you like rose petals, you will like the light scent)-although I dont mind the scent, I dont prefer any scented primers.

When you first put it on it feels a little slick and slightly oily (even tho it says oil free).BUT..after waiting about 5 min before putting on my makeup, it really does smooth out my skin and makes it just beautiful with a tiny hint of sheen and you can see the pretty highlighted areas of my cheek bones. The highlight is very subtle, so dont worry about "glitter" or it being too "high beam" showing. But overall this is a nice buy. :) Can't wait to try the bronzer one!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ldimples00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the travel size so there's no pump, I just squeeze it out of a bottle. I bought this one and the illuminating primer. I prefer this one over the illuminating primer as the second seemed to make my pores larger. I like how this feels silky smooth on my skin. The very first time I used it, it was great! However, it seems to no longer make my foundation last. I don't have oily skin so I can't comment on its performance to minimize shine. I purchased it mainly to extend the life of my foundation, so I'll keep searching. I hear Monistat chafing gel is very similar to Smashbox Photo Finish, so I'll be giving it a try.