August 22, 2014 | 1729 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Everyday Minerals - Mint Color Corrector

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works surprisingly well for my rosacea and bright pink cheeks. So well that if I don't add blush after I add foundation over this, I look dead. It really helps give me a porcelain look. However, it doesn't get five lippies because it's always tricky to use. Too little and it doesn't cover, too much and I look sickly green. It isn't very blendable, so I can buff over and over with the brush and it just sits on my skin. It takes a lot of effort to get a good look with it, and that's time I don't always have. It does make me want to try the Smashbox green primer, because I do think the green covers the red well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by missceline1990

I loooove this. It conceals all my big red pimpels soo well! But don't use too much, or your face is gonna turn out to be green!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by princessshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really does a great job in masking redness in the skin. It is a very light green colour corrector (you need to put concealor on top because this just tames the redness, its not meant to cover). I found that for spot treatment - like if you have a bright red pimple for example - that a fluffy eyeshadow brush really works well because it delivers just the right amount of colour. If you pile this on your skin with a concealor brush for example it gets hard to cover up the green when you put foundation on top. I would definitely buy this again because I think it does an amazing job.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sparki007

This stuff is sort of tricky to work with at first, but can give some great results if you have patches of redness that need neutralizing. I love the feel of all the Everyday Minerals powders, so this one is no exception. The minty color is pretty alarming at first though! Initially I found it difficult to find the right balance of cancelling out red without heaping on a ton of green. I used a fluffy blush brush that doesn't pick up too much powder, tapped as much off as I could, and brushed it on my red areas super lightly. For me, this takes the brightness of the red way down and then I use my regular mineral foundation on top. So it's a step along the way. On its own, it looks pretty odd, but I think it sets the stage for better foundation coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating:I agree with "knitknit" that applying this color corrector over red skin just looks like green powder on red skin! It does even out my ruddy skin a little bit, but then it leaves a ghoulish green cast and spotty coverage even after I've applied my regular foundation. EDM's Pick Me Up Pink is far better for pink or ruddy-toned fair skin and makes a nice natural-colored blush as well. I've even used it as a brow bone highlighter in a pinch!
Where did I buy this: Got in a swap, but you can get it at the Everyday Minerals Web site.
Price: Very inexpensive: $2.50 for generous sample or about $6 TO $7 full size.
Packaging: Screw-top sample pot with sifter cap: the best you can get in any loose powder cosmetic product.
Would I buy again: No. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ShamyBabess

LOVE this concealer so much. HG green concealer, tried so many with many failures I was about to give up on color correctors till I found this one. It covers up blemishes and scars very nicely and the green isn't noticeable at all under my mineral foudation! A MUST in my everyday foundation from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people like this product, but I have tried, really and I cannot get it to work. I have very pale skin with mild rosacea. This product does not cover blemishes, it looks like green powder on a zit. It does not correct redness, it looks like green powder on red skin. It is not my application because I can successfully apply other correctors no problem. I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The EDM mint colour corrector is a miracle in a jar in many ways, since it really does cancel out any redness in my skin with just a thin application. Problem is that it is very easy to overdo, and because it is so very green it is hard toning that green down again without beginning from the beginning which is why I only give this a four. Other than that tiny problem (countered by mixing it with a bit of your foundation to tone it down) it is a wonderful product but not one I would buy again, because I found sunlight works as well to combat the pinkness in my skin (I don't really have red skin, just a bit pink).

So, to summarise: great if you have redness that needs concealing. Just be careful with how much you apply. Diluting it before application might be a good idea. If you only have a bit of pinkness to tone down, this might be too much for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by coco92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very red acne scars on my cheeks, as well as a few blemishes here-and-there, and this hides them COMPLETELY! After applying, my face looks almost perfect! Nice texture, doesn't dry out my skin. Amazing product. Definitely buying this again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample kit while it was still available on EDM, it been 3 months and my sample jar is still nearly full with daily use. I dont really have problem skin, but it does act up every once a while, and the tiny red mark from acne can last a while. This is a total saver! It is very creamy and cover all of the red marks with just a little dot. Will definitely repurchase if i ever run out of the sample jar... which i believe will takes me few yrs :P