Dior Serum De Rouge

4.2

on 7/24/2012 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this lipstick after seeing a Dior MA wearing it and inquired about the shade: #510 nude. On her it was a gorgeous sheer, watermelon pink but when she applied it on me, it looked like a warm peach nude. I didn't like it as much but decided to purchase it anyway seeing I didn't own a great nude shade. It turns out I actually really like the colour and the formula! It's super moisturizing and gives a plump appearance to my lips. The lasting power is about 2 hours but after a few reapplications it stains my lips an even warmer peach shade. If you're looking to invest in a nude shade that's not frosty and won't wash you out then you can't go wrong with the serum de rouge!

on 6/25/2012 7:30:00 AM

The woman at the make up counter advised me to buy this because she said this is good for dry lips. So I bought rouge 645 I'm surprised this serum de rouge has a very high rating but maybe it's just my dry lips. I tried lip treatment from kanebo which is very good for dry lips and now I don't have dry lips when i use kanebo lip treatment at night before I sleep so I thought maybe I can use the serum de rouge, but still my lips get dry after 30 mins of applying this which doesn't happen to my lips when I use other lipsticks. Will not repurchase.

on 6/9/2012 2:14:00 PM

I've wear Dior Addict for ages and totally satisfied with it. During last winter, my lips were so dry and chapped that I decided to try the new Serum de Rouge. The SA said that it is combination between lip balm and lip pigment.
It is soo nice, gliding like lip balm, little shiny, pigmented enough and the best part, could mend my dry and chap lips.
Its stay power is not amazing but even after the lipstick come off, I still can see the pigment at my lips.
I have 2 colors (740 and 660) and they are my favorites so far.
Yes, it is quite pricey but the product quality is superb, the packaging is sleek and cute.
After a while, I think its worth my investment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this lipstick in 760 which is violet with a subtle shimmer. Although I LOVE the color which makes my blue eyes pop, I don't like how it hardly lasts on my lips. Within half an hour, even without eating or drinking it has all but dissapeared from my lips. I guess it's difficult to create a moisturizing lipstick as this increases the risk of sliding. I don't know about the anti aging properties of this lipstick and quite frankly my dear I do not care! I am 19. This should not even be classed as a lipstick more as a gloss? Hmmm. Won't be re purchasing. If you want a moisturizing lipstick, I find Chanel rouge coco lipsticks have great lasting power with moisturizing properties.

on 2/14/2012 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Colour:
I have shade 560 and to me it looked positively scary pink on first sight. Applied it is just a gorgeous hint of a pink rosy shade on me even though I'm very pale (think BB alabaster / mufe pink porcelain pale). I don't even need to apply it with fingers to mute the colour for day wear.
Taste:
The taste to me is very pleasant and doesn't linger more than a few minutes. You might want to smell it before you buy it because it is quite distinct and might not be everyone's cup of tea. The best way I can describe it is a bit spicy and sweet.
Texture:
The best thing about this is that it is very moisturizing. Unlike other tinted lipbalms the colour doesn't disappear as the product is absorbed though. I get a few hours of wear out of this which I never do with any drugstore tinted lipbalms. Additionally, it isn't sticky in the least so you neither get hair stuck on it nor leave those lovely stains all over your coffee mugs :).
Verdict:
It deffinitely is overpriced and I got mine 50% off on a sale, but if you ever see it on sale or have some cash to spare this is a good way to invest it because it is lovely and you'll get a lot of use out of it especially in winter.

on 1/20/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the nude shade and its quite nice. Very sheer with shimmer. Its a no lipstick lipstick, and can be applied without a mirror. The formula is balm like-smooth and ultra moisturizing. Think shimmery chap stick with a touch of color. Its overpriced but will last a long time. The staying power is decent for what it is, but this isn't by any means long lasting, I have to re apply ever 2 hrs or so. The shimmer stays behind after the color and moisture are gone. It feels wonderful on my dry lips and they feel much more moisturized after I've worn it for a day. The packaging is fabulous, of course, classic Dior blue quilting with silver accents. It clicks when rolled up or down. I like that it can be rolled back down so there's no waste if I accidentally get it too high.

on 10/26/2011 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Feels beautiful, looks beautiful. Texture is soooo perfect. Despite being moisturizing and soft, it doesn't bleed. Colours are pretty. It is an all-star product for many reasons.

on 8/10/2011 10:43:00 AM

I love this product. Its a lipstick I've been looking for - something that gives my lips color, moisture, and shine. From packaging all the way to the product itself, it is by far one of my most favorite lipsticks that I own. It's very smooth, really stands out from my other lipsticks.

It is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Color number: 645

First of all this was gifted to me, so perhaps I shouldn't comment on its actual price, but still I feel this is way overpriced for a lipstick even a high end one.

When you hold this in your hand you can "feel" how luxuous it is, the plastic doesn't feel cheap at all, I really like that.
However I'm not a fan of the clicking system for various reasons: first there's no way for you to know how much product you have left, then according to the ads it's supposed to deliver just the right amount of product for one application which isn't true. I find that there's way too much product delivered with one click which means that you have to be careful when putting the lid back on because there will be a certain amount of product that won't be protected inside the plastic tube like a traditional lipstick is.

The product itself isn't great, but it isn't bad either. The color I have (#580) is a little off on me so I've only worn it a couple of times but my main concern is that it's not long lasting at all. In fact I find that it wears off really quickly compared with other lip products I use which is quite a disappointment for a high end product.

on 7/27/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For someone like me, without any dry lips problems and that can also wear those long lasting lipsticks without the balm on the top, this lipstick is quite drying. I canít imagine how it can be for people with chronic dry lips.
It has a buttery consistency when you apply it but not in the way of a balm that sinks into the skin and makes it soft and moist, but in the way of an odd pasty lipstick like those in the 60sties. It stays on the surface and after a while you feel a nasty tingle (due to the chem. sunscreen) and your lips start drying under this weird paste - or what it remains of it because it fades quite quickly living just a stain particularly in the wrinkles. At this point, when I watch in the mirror I see wrinkly dry lips with lots of skin flakes I even didnít know to have, and a strange white patina on the top. Far, far away from the luscious pout of Monica Bellucci but also far away from the performance of my usual lipsticks (Fusion Beauty and Estee Lauder to cite some brands I use). A sad, awful sight for a lipstick that claims to be a lip treatment and costs like pure gold.

Iím also very unhappy with the SPF. The only sunscreen here is Octinoxate in its highest allowed amount of 7,5 %. This is not only recorded as a skin irritant but it is also easily absorbed through the skin and it seems to behaves like synthetic estrogen in our body with all given consequences. Having it on my lips and swallowing a tiny bit every day give me a feeling of unease. And most of all it ONLY protects from UVB rays. So, thinking that you are fully protected (on the package you can also read ďApply before sun exposureĒ!) you go in the sun and in fact you wonít get any sunburn but your lips will get the full load of UVA radiations and age faster.
It is time that the cosmetic industry starts to use safe sunscreens and stop being deceptive about the SPF they allegedly offer as most of them, especially in lip care, only offer UVB protection.

Speaking in terms of colours I chose 650 Peach because l like rose tonalities I wanted something with a rose hue and the only ones were Pearly Pink, Soft Pink and Radiant Pink but they looked so fake on my skin and in the artificial light of the store Peach seemed to be the most flattering rose tone. But when I put it at home and looked in the natural light it was a very vivid reddish-coral pink with strange cool undertones and, as the pasty consistency makes it quite one-dimensional, it looked flat and artificial. It reminded me to some old lipsticks my Grandma had and I used to play with as a child.
Anyway this is my fault as I maybe should have tried even more colours on and check them also outside. After all on the enclosed sheet is written ďsubtle and luminous colors that instantly deliver a sumptuous glow in your face Ē. It may be, but I just donít like to look like a traffic light.
The only star I give is because the packaging is really handy also for touch ups on the go.

But for the sake of fairness, an because I canít return it, I will give to it some more time to see if my lips just need to get used to the new ingredients, even if I still donít like/trust the sunscreen. In fact I experienced that in skin and hair care sometimes you need to get used to the new ingredients before you can see results. Maybe I will see the promised 40% increase of moisture and 24% of smoothness. But I guess I wonít.

Recommended for Medium Skin