November 29, 2014 | 954 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Serum De Rouge

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by BoisdeRose

I've wear Dior Addict for ages and totally satisfied with it. During last winter, my lips were so dry and chapped that I decided to try the new Serum de Rouge. The SA said that it is combination between lip balm and lip pigment.
It is soo nice, gliding like lip balm, little shiny, pigmented enough and the best part, could mend my dry and chap lips.
Its stay power is not amazing but even after the lipstick come off, I still can see the pigment at my lips.
I have 2 colors (740 and 660) and they are my favorites so far.
Yes, it is quite pricey but the product quality is superb, the packaging is sleek and cute.
After a while, I think its worth my investment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick in 760 which is violet with a subtle shimmer. Although I LOVE the color which makes my blue eyes pop, I don't like how it hardly lasts on my lips. Within half an hour, even without eating or drinking it has all but dissapeared from my lips. I guess it's difficult to create a moisturizing lipstick as this increases the risk of sliding. I don't know about the anti aging properties of this lipstick and quite frankly my dear I do not care! I am 19. This should not even be classed as a lipstick more as a gloss? Hmmm. Won't be re purchasing. If you want a moisturizing lipstick, I find Chanel rouge coco lipsticks have great lasting power with moisturizing properties.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Colour:
I have shade 560 and to me it looked positively scary pink on first sight. Applied it is just a gorgeous hint of a pink rosy shade on me even though I'm very pale (think BB alabaster / mufe pink porcelain pale). I don't even need to apply it with fingers to mute the colour for day wear.
Taste:
The taste to me is very pleasant and doesn't linger more than a few minutes. You might want to smell it before you buy it because it is quite distinct and might not be everyone's cup of tea. The best way I can describe it is a bit spicy and sweet.
Texture:
The best thing about this is that it is very moisturizing. Unlike other tinted lipbalms the colour doesn't disappear as the product is absorbed though. I get a few hours of wear out of this which I never do with any drugstore tinted lipbalms. Additionally, it isn't sticky in the least so you neither get hair stuck on it nor leave those lovely stains all over your coffee mugs :).
Verdict:
It deffinitely is overpriced and I got mine 50% off on a sale, but if you ever see it on sale or have some cash to spare this is a good way to invest it because it is lovely and you'll get a lot of use out of it especially in winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the nude shade and its quite nice. Very sheer with shimmer. Its a no lipstick lipstick, and can be applied without a mirror. The formula is balm like-smooth and ultra moisturizing. Think shimmery chap stick with a touch of color. Its overpriced but will last a long time. The staying power is decent for what it is, but this isn't by any means long lasting, I have to re apply ever 2 hrs or so. The shimmer stays behind after the color and moisture are gone. It feels wonderful on my dry lips and they feel much more moisturized after I've worn it for a day. The packaging is fabulous, of course, classic Dior blue quilting with silver accents. It clicks when rolled up or down. I like that it can be rolled back down so there's no waste if I accidentally get it too high.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Feels beautiful, looks beautiful. Texture is soooo perfect. Despite being moisturizing and soft, it doesn't bleed. Colours are pretty. It is an all-star product for many reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ileena

I love this product. Its a lipstick I've been looking for - something that gives my lips color, moisture, and shine. From packaging all the way to the product itself, it is by far one of my most favorite lipsticks that I own. It's very smooth, really stands out from my other lipsticks.

It is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Color number: 645

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by chocaddict1602

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all this was gifted to me, so perhaps I shouldn't comment on its actual price, but still I feel this is way overpriced for a lipstick even a high end one.

When you hold this in your hand you can "feel" how luxuous it is, the plastic doesn't feel cheap at all, I really like that.
However I'm not a fan of the clicking system for various reasons: first there's no way for you to know how much product you have left, then according to the ads it's supposed to deliver just the right amount of product for one application which isn't true. I find that there's way too much product delivered with one click which means that you have to be careful when putting the lid back on because there will be a certain amount of product that won't be protected inside the plastic tube like a traditional lipstick is.

The product itself isn't great, but it isn't bad either. The color I have (#580) is a little off on me so I've only worn it a couple of times but my main concern is that it's not long lasting at all. In fact I find that it wears off really quickly compared with other lip products I use which is quite a disappointment for a high end product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For someone like me, without any dry lips problems and that can also wear those long lasting lipsticks without the balm on the top, this lipstick is quite drying. I canít imagine how it can be for people with chronic dry lips.
It has a buttery consistency when you apply it but not in the way of a balm that sinks into the skin and makes it soft and moist, but in the way of an odd pasty lipstick like those in the 60sties. It stays on the surface and after a while you feel a nasty tingle (due to the chem. sunscreen) and your lips start drying under this weird paste - or what it remains of it because it fades quite quickly living just a stain particularly in the wrinkles. At this point, when I watch in the mirror I see wrinkly dry lips with lots of skin flakes I even didnít know to have, and a strange white patina on the top. Far, far away from the luscious pout of Monica Bellucci but also far away from the performance of my usual lipsticks (Fusion Beauty and Estee Lauder to cite some brands I use). A sad, awful sight for a lipstick that claims to be a lip treatment and costs like pure gold.

Iím also very unhappy with the SPF. The only sunscreen here is Octinoxate in its highest allowed amount of 7,5 %. This is not only recorded as a skin irritant but it is also easily absorbed through the skin and it seems to behaves like synthetic estrogen in our body with all given consequences. Having it on my lips and swallowing a tiny bit every day give me a feeling of unease. And most of all it ONLY protects from UVB rays. So, thinking that you are fully protected (on the package you can also read ďApply before sun exposureĒ!) you go in the sun and in fact you wonít get any sunburn but your lips will get the full load of UVA radiations and age faster.
It is time that the cosmetic industry starts to use safe sunscreens and stop being deceptive about the SPF they allegedly offer as most of them, especially in lip care, only offer UVB protection.

Speaking in terms of colours I chose 650 Peach because l like rose tonalities I wanted something with a rose hue and the only ones were Pearly Pink, Soft Pink and Radiant Pink but they looked so fake on my skin and in the artificial light of the store Peach seemed to be the most flattering rose tone. But when I put it at home and looked in the natural light it was a very vivid reddish-coral pink with strange cool undertones and, as the pasty consistency makes it quite one-dimensional, it looked flat and artificial. It reminded me to some old lipsticks my Grandma had and I used to play with as a child.
Anyway this is my fault as I maybe should have tried even more colours on and check them also outside. After all on the enclosed sheet is written ďsubtle and luminous colors that instantly deliver a sumptuous glow in your face Ē. It may be, but I just donít like to look like a traffic light.
The only star I give is because the packaging is really handy also for touch ups on the go.

But for the sake of fairness, an because I canít return it, I will give to it some more time to see if my lips just need to get used to the new ingredients, even if I still donít like/trust the sunscreen. In fact I experienced that in skin and hair care sometimes you need to get used to the new ingredients before you can see results. Maybe I will see the promised 40% increase of moisture and 24% of smoothness. But I guess I wonít.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let's start off with a description:

I am half European/ half Indian so my skintone is light brown (winter) to medium brown (summer) with a yellow undertone. My lips are quite pigmented, which can be a problem with lipsticks. I used to have very dry lips, which looked horrible with lipstick on.

I came across Dior Serum de Rouge while shopping with my mother. We both like Dior a lot, and there happened to be a Dior make-up artist present at that time due to a promotion.

She picked out #880 plum serum and started to apply it. I immediately felt the buttery soft creamy texture which made my lips very moisturized. When she showed me the result in the mirror I was at awe how great it looked! It has a nice shine, but not over the top or glittery so still sophisticated.

This colour really complements skin with a yellow undertone!

And the best of all: I didn't even scrub my lips to remove flakies or put on a lipbalm first, but my lips were just perfect and smooth!

This lipstick immediately became my favourite one! I used it almost everyday during winter, the worst period for dry, cracking lips, but once I applied it, you couldn't see anything of the sort!

I don't seem to have a problem with the 'clicking' packaging like other reviewers. You will never overextend the stick with the risk of causing it to break. I dont have a problem putting the cap on, I never scrape excess product, since you can control how far the stick is extended.

There are a few downsides though:
First of all, the price! I was expecting it to be expensive while standing at the check out counter, since I am used to buying products from Dior, but my my.. I was quite startled when she showed me the price. But I must say it is totally worth it! Yes, 2g seems very little, but it really goes a long way, because of the buttery/ creamy texture, you don't need a lot. I've been using it everyday during winter, and still am using it now and I guess I have still a long way to go.

This leads to another downside: I like the clicking system, BUT you can't tell how much product you have left. I find that rather annoying, cause I liked to know exactly the current state of my make-up stash.

Another downside of the packaging as mentioned by another MUA review, you can only see the number at the bottom of the stick, not the colour. The testers in the store have coloured caps, so you can immediately see what colour it is. Since I have 2, I also purchased #870 Ruby serum (which is actually a beautiful bright bright red toned pink), it is almost impossible to see the difference. I actually kept the silver Dior sticker on the #870 so I can see what colour it is by the blink of an eye.

Something that can be a con, but is just a matter of appling it well: because of the buttery texture, you really have to watch smudging it with your fingers, or rubbing some on your face while blowing your nose (charming haha). The colours I have are quite dark/bright so it stains quite easily. Nothin a bit of good ol' rubbing and some compact powder can't fix, but you just have to check it once in a while.

The lipstick doesn't last very long, I have to apply multiple times during the day, but I really don't mind that at all. It doesn't dissapear completely though, it leaves a hint of colour on my lips which looks rather nice.

Also, since I have been using this I really don't have dry lips anymore! I am able to use other lipsticks now, like it worked like some kind of liptreatment!

What I do love about the packaging? Well, it is just stunning, love the slim packaging, and it is rather heavy > like the feel when holding it.
It gives a very luxurious feeling when applying this lipstick. Plus, I can easily work with the slanted tip which makes sure your lipstick always is at the perfect angle for application, unlike 'normal' lipsticks which tend to to lose the tip and become round after using it for a while.

I will be looking for some more colours! The colours I have are great for pigmented lips and a yellow skin undertone. Not all the colours suit me, the lighter ones are a bit boring for me. I also feel that some colours differ very little, and I don't like to buy nearly identical colours.

To sum it all up:
Pro's:
- Great colour and texture for pigmented lips
- Moisturizes and has a nice shiny/ creamy finish
- Application: love the slanted tip and the texture makes sure it just glides on easily
- The packaging looks absolutely gorgeous, and has a nice heavy hold.
- The clicking system prevents you from overextending the stick to prevent any damage.
- GREAT for dry lips. Even in icy cold weather when your lips consist of cracks and flakies and you feel they can just fall of: you don't need to scrub or use balm, it makes your lips look smooth and moisturized,and works as a liptreatment in the long term.
- Last quite a long time if you take in consideration everyday use with multiple touch ups during the day
- A few great colours for us yellow undertone gals!

Con's:
- The price, EXPENSIVE!
- You can't see how much product is left
- Due to the texture it has a tendency to stain/ smudge if you are not careful
- You can't easily tell which colour it is if you own more colours, since it is lacking a coloured cap/ bottom.
- Not longlasting, need to reapply multiple times a day
- Little difference among some colours

I really love this product and would definitely repurchase! I will just close my eyes for a sec while she scans it at the register $$$..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Kiki91768

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this formula. I think it's great as fas as color goes( I have the 560 which is pink but it goes great with olive skin). It is expensive as $32 at Macys but the packaging is great and it conditions your lips and leaves them nice and soft. I would suggest this to anyone.