Geisha Ink Liquid Eyeliner

4.5

Aqua, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Ethanol Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Pentylene Gylcol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, [May contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (Cl 77499), Silica]. PARABEN-FREE

on 12/13/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

HG eyeliner, replaced my Stila All-Day Liquid Liner. This liner knocks brands like the aforementioned and Lancome out of the park. When you take it out of the box and use it for the first time it takes a few strokes before the pigment is opaque, but quickly becomes a dense coal black. The big plus for me is the brush; it's nothing like I've used before. It's made of flexible, synthetic hairs that each extend from brush base to tip, so there's no "pilling up" at the point like felt tips that I've used (Stila, I'm looking at you). It's like a spotter paintbrush. This allows you to draw a smooth, elegant line by applying more or less pressure. If you use over eyeshadow, you may need to wipe off the brush with a damp tissue every so often to prevent the shadow from clogging it.
The packaging could be a little better. The cap has a spring in it, so be sure to press down firmly when replacing it. The label is a sticker wrapped around the barrel. However, I don't care about the packaging too much since it does its job and I'm buying this for the formula. It's expensive at $30 USD but it's definitely worth it-- I feel it will last me for a long time (probably 6+ months because I don't wear it every day, although often). I recommend this to everyone and will repurchase!

on 7/12/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great product - this brand makes wonderful stuff and their customer service and packaging are fantastic as well. This eyeliner goes on easily and smoothly and has exellent staying power. Compared to Stila Stay All Day (my other HG), this one flows more easily - almost feels like a gel - whereas the Stila can feel a bit dry. I think this one actually has better staying power than the Stila, which can fade by late afternoon. The two tiny cons: it's difficult to get a superfine line with this tip, and the packaging feels a little low-end - the liner/pen plastic casing is not printed with the branding, it's just covered with a sticker that's wrapped around the pen. My pen's sticker keeps peeling off and getting all bubbly where I have to keep re-wrapping it around. I plan to use clear packing tape to stick it down permanently. Hopefully they will either use a stronger adhesive in the future or maybe they will print on the plastic directly as other major brands do. Other than that, this product is really great. Would def. repurchase and will be getting the brown shade as soon as my Stila runs out. Wish it were easier to find - Sephora should carry it!

on 5/26/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have to say, I have never in my life used a liner so amazing! I can't believe it took me so long to find this product. I have been so extremely happy with every product I have tried by Geisha Ink.
Incredibly easy to create a thin natural line or overlap in order to make a thicker liquid liner line. This liner stays true the entire day, and never budges. Like the mascara, it washes off easily.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i bought this after reading all the rave reviews. got it in the mail on friday. took it out of the packaging, looked at the tube excitedly (couldn't wait to try it!), then put it into my makeup bag for use on monday (i stayed home all weekend). when i went to put my makeup on this morning, i discovered that the spring-loaded cap had somehow popped off (despite the fact that the makeup bag had not moved since i placed the eyeliner in it) and--you guessed it--the entire tube had dried up. my whole tube of $32 eyeliner was wasted. i attempted to replace the cap--it popped right off again in my hand. all i can say is be extremely careful of the packaging. if you don't tape the freaking cap on the tube, it will escape and there goes your investment. i'm sure this is a fantastic eyeliner once you get it on your eyelids, but i'm not willing to shell out another $32 at this point to find out.

on 8/25/2011 4:26:00 PM

The only eyeliner I use. It is amaaaaaazing!!! I have been using it daily for a title less than 3 yearsnow and I am only on my 3rd one. Very easy to use and very easy to draw a very fine line or thick, on the top or bottom lash lines. It is pricey but definitely worth it. My only complaint is that if I don't wear eyeshadow or just translucent powder on my eyelids, I sometimes get a little black smudge on my crease. Other than that, I swear by it.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I'm on my fourth Geisha Ink after 4 years, so with daily use it takes exactly one year to finish one. This is also sold under the brand name K-Palette, however, I found the K-Palette ones dry out within months, where Gesiha Ink which takes years. HG eyeliner and it's the only makeup I use daily, it lasts even after going to the gym, swimming and boxing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this liquid eyeliner.

It is so easy to apply, and it stays on. It is on the expensive side, but if you can afford it I say buy it. I cannot say enough about its easy application.

I used to use liquid eyeliners years ago and found that I always made a mess. This works so well for me.

I especially like it for doing touch ups to my eyeliner after I have applied false lashes

on 3/15/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE THIS! I was first introduced to this at my work where we sell it. I am so in love with this eyeliner I will never use anything else! I won't even let people leave the store without buying it if there in the market for an eyeliner. Geisha ink is so easily to apply with it's calligraphy type brush, STAYS through anything, doesn't smudge and is a nice dark black. It sounds gross but if I don't take it off at night I don't even
have to reapply in the morning, it's still there exactly how I put it on. I would describe it as more of a stain. When you want to remove it it comes off easy if you just rub it off with a qtip.

on 2/7/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My Besty and I had to pick up some things in Toronto. So on Saturday we made the 4 hour drive from Ottawa to Toronto.
I wanted to put the liner to the test, and bravely wore it to my bootcamp workout Sunday morning. Like the reviewers say, it did not BUDGE (unless wiped)! This is now my HG liner. SOOO incredibly easy to use! I can create the THINNEST line along my lash line. I is also so amazing to create a beautiful cat eye. Came off super easy at the end of the day with a little soap and water.

on 1/24/2011 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I haven't tried other liquid eyeliners other than this one. I always read review before purchases and once again it has paid off. No smudges and ease of use is spot on. Thanks ladies! Edit... finding it difficult to get a consistent line and ran out really quick down grading to 3