E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This brush is high quality for the price point-- it's soft, holds up well to washing (no shedding, no frays), and it does indeed provide the smooth, airbrush finish it promises.

My only qualm with it is that it tends to splay more than I'd like when I'm trying to blend out product, which gives me less control over where I want to blend and how much I want the area in question blended out. The splaying is great for sheer applications (like finishing powders, or loose powders in general) and for buffing out large areas. But if you want to do more targeted blending, I'd recommend a brush with a smaller and slightly denser head.

All that said, this is a great brush and I'd absolutely repurchase it in the future.

on 9/10/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I swear ELF makes some of the best affordable brushes around. I only use their Studio line (black handle) because the two Essential brushes (white handle) I've tried are way too rough on my skin. This kabuki brush is softer than my old skool Chanel kabuki...I kid you not! I love the way it feels on my face. EDIT: I forgot to mention I have no shedding issues and that the dry time when I washed it was looooong (I washed it at about 6pm and at 6:30am it was still ever so slightly damp)

on 8/23/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had picked up the elf kabuki brush about 6 or so months ago, which at that time I never really heard of this brand. I never tried any brushes before this so I can't compare this to anything, but I was tired of using the powder applicater that would come with my loose powders, so I figured why not. This kabuki is so soo soft and just dense enough to evenly apply my finishing powders. Like I stated before, I got this a lil over half a year ago, and I haven't expierenced shedding once. Not even one single hair. It holds up washings very nicely, which I use baby shampoo for since it's cheap and gentle. I just recently bought two more for backups, as well as helped me really venture into the world of makeup brushes. I definitely would recommend!

on 8/20/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because of the good reviews I've heard about it. Before Target came to Canada, I think the only place to get E.L.F products was at Winners, which was where I got mine for $8 - 9. I was super disappointed with it. It wasn't as soft as other face brushes I got, and it just wasn't the same after I washed it for the first time. Maybe I got a bad batch but I wouldn't repurchase because there are better ones out there.

on 8/19/2014 1:11:00 PM

Awesome brush for powders.

Good for the first two months but now it sheds like crazy! . :(

on 8/18/2014 1:16:00 PM

My favoritest kabuki for loose powders.

It's huge. Sometimes I think it's too big, buts it'so soft and doesn't shed.

It's not multifunctional as I only use it for 1 purpose, but I still really like it

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Love this brush . I can do my mineral makeup without worrying that I wasted some and goes one and the cleaning and few hairs flew out but I would buy other soon for my blush because it works great for my powder foundations .

on 7/17/2014 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's great! does what it's meant for! (; I use it to put on my Rimmel pressed powder but I don't use it as much anymore because my skin is getting a bit better on the oil production so I don't really need to put on powder anymore !

on 7/16/2014 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have mostly higher end brushes- Tom Ford, Hakuhodo, Wayne Goss and Chikuhodo and have to say that I am very impressed with this ELF brush. It doesnt look cheap at all- it looks like a good quality brush and is very soft and works great for applying my bronzer.

Popular Makeup Brushes