August 21, 2014 | 1304 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Okay, here is the scoop on the Eye Tech eyeliners:

If you have the long typical pen-length black plastic eyeliner, you have the *Eye Tech Extreme*. It is touted as being waterproof, long-wearing, and non-feathering.
If you have the short 2/3pen-length gold metal eyeliner, you have the *Eye Tech*. It is touted as being smudge-proof. That's it.

If you notice, the Eye Tech Extreme does not state that it's smudge-proof. Good thing they did not promise it would be smudge-proof, because it definitely smudged onto my lower lid after a few hours. Mind you, not smudged as bad as say pencil or gel eyeliner, but definitely a noticeable grey coloring.
Is it waterproof? Yes. But if you rub the Extreme under water, it will smudge - BUT it will stay wherever you smudged it. Which essentially makes it waterproof since it doesn't float/flake off somewhere else.
I'd say this is an exact dupe of Stila's Stay All Day Eyeliner, with the same amount of smudgeyness.

Now, about the regular Eye Tech (the shorty with the gold casing) - it's not waterproof (will come off with water + rubbing) but it is DEFINITELY 100% smudgeproof. I've worn Eye Tech for 20 hours straight and came home with zero smudging. The only downside is if you rub your eyes HARD (and I do mean hard, like seeing stars hard), it will flake off.
How smudgeproof is the regular shorty gold cased Eye Tech? I apply a somewhat oily slippery sunblock onto my eyes, and 1 minute later apply the Eye Tech eyeliner on. AND IT STAYS ON. No moving whatsoever afterward. It's great.
I have noticed one strange attribute about the regular Eye Tech eyeliner. After I apply it, it leaves a strangely cool/cold sensation where the eyeliner was applied. I'm thinking this formula has a specific ingredient in it that creates this "cool/coldness" to prevent the eyeliner from smudging and hold it intact. It was strange at first, but I'm definitely used to it now.
Also, for people who say theirs came out watery, you either didn't shake it or you actually got a bad eyeliner. So first shake it! And if that doesn't work, return it ASAP!

So I guess whether the regular *Eye Tech* or *Eye Tech Extreme* is better for you depends upon your needs.
If you have a tendency to be oily and need to not look like a zombie panda, get the regular shorty gold-case *Eye Tech*.
If you don't have a history of having problems with liner transferring but are looking for waterproof black eyeliner, the *Eye Tech Extreme* is for you.

But for me? Eye Tech, the shorty gold case, is my favorite.

P.S. Both come off easily with warm water + facial cleanser.

- EDIT 1/30/2013 -
To be honest, the Eye Tech Extreme (black plastic) is easier to use towards the end of the pen's life. Using the Eye Tech (the gold one) is like fighting the pen to disperse the last of the ink. UGHHHH. Okay. My love goes back to the Eye Tech Extreme more than the regular Eye Tech.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by honeymoten

I purchased this eyeliner in shade 03 Charcoal during one of CVS's clearances. It was terrible! The color came out a watery grayish-green color. I could never make the line opaque, and it would fade after just a few hours. And then to add insult to injury, after about 4 wears, the eyeliner seemed to be empty! I'm not sure if it dried up or was in fact used up, but it seems a bit absurd to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by inadase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is watery and takes a while to dry so it smudges if you're not careful after application. It's also not very pigmented and because it's watery it's nearly impossible to make the color even and stop your skin from showing through the eyeliner. The tip of the pen doesn't color and it's hard to make the actual liner seep through the rest of the felt tip pen. $8 is expensive for a small drugstore eyeliner even if it did work well. Much better eyeliners out there for cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lavroxanna

I hate to be a party pooper but this product just did not work out for me.I bought this product after reading reviews of eyeliners and seeing what was available at my local CVS. Anyways, I have oily eyelids (Asian eyelids) and I was searching for something that would stay put on my eyelid. So I found this product and I bought it for around $8. I know it might not seem like a lot, but if you're just starting out on makeup like me, it kinda is. So I was really hoping that this product would be worth it...no such luck. Sure, it stayed on my eyelid, but it made my eyelid feel REALLY dry, which was really annoying. Plus, I stored it horizontally and shook it like other people told me to do, and the color still came out watery!! I JUST bought this recently, so I'm pretty disappointed. I think that New York Color's liquid eyeliner worked better for me, personally, even though it can get a little runny if you're not careful...:(
All in all, I'm still looking for a good eyeliner and I'll keep trying this on and see if I change my mind in a few days to weeks. But so far, pretty unhappy. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kdacayo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had read a few reviews before buying this. It seems like it's either hit or miss with certain people; however, I clearly had a bad product. Despite certain reviews advising me to lay the liner down horizontally, it dried in merely one week. And believe me, I made sure the squeezed it closed so hard to avoid it from drying out. But to no avail. Don't get me wrong, the color did not even budge when I removed it at night. But to dry in one week for a price of roughly eight dollars, I think I'll stick to my Lineur Intense by L'Oreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by StarAstralis

I bought the brown one because it was on sale. Ever since then, I've been looking all over for the black one. Needless to say, I really like this liquid liner. I haven't had a problem with it drying like some of the other reviewers.
4 stars because the product can settle into fine lines and feather out a little. But it's very easy to work with, and it stays all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by geek2chic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at my local walgreens for around $7 last year. I had just recently gotten into makeup and I had seen many great reviews of this on YouTube, so I decided to buy it. I loved the way it made doing a winged liner so easy but I only used it a couple times. I keep all of my makeup in a safe dry area to protect them but when I went to use it again it was dry. I was shocked so I put the cap back on and shook it like the directions would suggest but nothing worked, I even wet the tip of it to see if that would work. I tried this for at least two more days before I gave up. I know $7 doesn't seem like much now but when you're just getting into makeup and don't have much money this can be very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by strawberrykitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update: Taking away 1 lippie because it dried up in under 2 months. Will try the eyetech extreme to see if that lasts better.

Me: Oily lids. East Asian. Usually have major issues with eye products smudging.

This: HG Eyeliner right here. I put this on in the morning and 14 hours later is still there. This is HUGE for me because almost everything I use smudges and disappears on me (Urban Decay, MUFE, etc al.). It dries quickly, looks good, and I like that the cap screws on and that tip is flexible but not too soft (it's a sponge/felt type applicator). That said, even though I give it 5 stars it's not a perfect product. The biggest flaw is that the flow isn't always even so if you under shake or over shake one eye can/will come out darker than the other. Not a huge deal for me since I put on liner first and then usually set with shadow but if you wear only eyeliner you'll notice it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

perfect black eyeliner for lining and winging on the upper lash line

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

The description on the pen says: Extreme fine tip point & easy grip handle for precise application, store horizontally for extended product use, and its waterproof.

I got this in black 01 at Wal-Mart, must have been no more than $7. I like the tip point and it is very easy to use. I use it to do my winged eyes. Since its summer, I tend to go light on my make up. This is perfect for the summer. It stays on and it doesn't smudge or budge. I have to take it off with vasaline or baby oil. It wont come off if I use a face wash. Thats how good I know this product is. The reason why I gave it a 4 is because I'm not sure how long this product will last and I carry my makeup bag with me so I can't store this horizontally. All in all, I will re-purchase.