Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner

3.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This eyeliner is cute & perfect to carry in your purse due to it being so little. The lasting power is amazing & application is awesome! Glides on easily even as a pens it doesn't require to much shaking to get enough product. Only downfall is the size: very little.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

ok, so my first impression about the packaging was good. i like the size, and the tip of this eyeliner. But for the product itself, it didn't impress me at all, and I think I'm disappointed because a expected a good quality liner, because it cost me like $8. it dries out quickly, it leaves streaks so I have to use another gel liner and black shadow to fix my eyecat look. I don't think will buy it again, maybe if they reformulated the product then maybe I would but now, nahhhh

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually prefer a waterproof liquid liner but I wanted to have separate ones so I bought this one. I used maybe twice before the tip dried out! Technically it still works but now I can't do thin lines, winged out. Now, all I can get is thick lines which I will work with until it runs out. Other than it dries fairly quickly it over all it is a very good product. I probably won't buy it again but it does what it is meant to do.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely magnificent eyeliner whilst it lasted. The fact that it dries out (or perhaps runs out) so quickly is the reason why I wouldn't ever buy it again. It lasted me maybe 2 weeks. Being in Australia as well, I had to order it online and it's not worth the price, in comparison to if I was able to buy it locally.

The tip makes it easy to apply, this may be useful for beginners. It was incredibly black which is what I looks for. It wasn't shiny nor completely matte; exactly what I was looking for. Also from what I remember, I didn't have any problems with smudging.

SOOOOOO frustrating that it dries out so quickly, otherwise it would've been HG status. THe hunt continues for me.

This is my favorite felt tip liquid eyeliner! I've had it for a month or 2 and it's my go to eyeliner. It's very pigmented and doesn't smudge. I've worn it for about 10 hours and it didn't feather or fade. I love this product! I recommend this to anyone with oily eyelids. It's great to use if you're going to wing your eyeliner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner one night. I only opened it at night to try it out and play with it a little.. The next day when I wanted to use it again it was completely dried out! I only used it once!! I'm positive I put the lid back on because I took it off when I went to use it again. Definitely didn't like

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

An average liquid liner at best. I thought the felt tip was kind of thick and it wasn't precise enough to make a clean wing. I also felt the formula was heavy on my eyes, like I could feel the liner pushing down on my eye lids. But the color's really black. I will finish using it but will not repurchase

This product is overall good. Several pros and cons.

Well for one, I love Milani products. Inexpensive and work so many wonders! I was wearing MAC Liquidlast Liner before I found Milani eyeliner. I loved how MAC Liquidlast turned out DARK in one sweep and lasted all night. And even though the tube is small, it lasted months. Unfortunately they discontinued it awhile back, but I somehow found this incredible eyeliner. Same thing but a fraction of MAC's cost. Ever since then Milani liquid liner has been my HG.

Well, one night I went to CVS because my tube fell on the floor and wasn't good anymore, but they were all out of the liquid liner I usually get, but I saw they had plenty of the eye tech pen. I figured it was worth a try. I like it, but not as much as the liquid liner I usually get. I'll explain why:

Pros - first and foremost, it's a pen. Easy application. The liquid liner's brush is very flimsy. Takes a lot of getting used to. Even with it being a pen, the formula lasts all night. And on top of that, it dries easy/ The liquid liner takes minutes to dry. This is also cheaper than the eyeliner. I think mine was $7.75 or something.

Cons - I hate how it takes several coats to come out dark. You have to shake the crap out of it to get product out, then apply a few coats to get that BLACK liner. With the liquid liner, literally one sweep. You actually have to wipe off the brush because there's too much product on it.

I'll update with how long this lasts and other information. I'm gonna use up the whole bottle but I'll stick with the liquid liner. I also don't use eyeliner on my bottom lash so I'm not sure how other users felt about this part. I put I wouldn't repurchase but if I see the liquid liner is out I'll get the pen again. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied and will recommend this product to others.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this because of its compact design. The shape of the tip is nice, but it's hard to get an opaque line and streaks badly on application. It's not waterproof so it doesn't stay in place very well. Milani's Eye Tech Extreme is much the opposite- nice and opaque, non streaking, and water resistant.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Okay, here is the scoop on the Eye Tech eyeliners:

If you have the long typical pen-length black plastic eyeliner, you have the *Eye Tech Extreme*. It is touted as being waterproof, long-wearing, and non-feathering.
If you have the short 2/3pen-length gold metal eyeliner, you have the *Eye Tech*. It is touted as being smudge-proof. That's it.

If you notice, the Eye Tech Extreme does not state that it's smudge-proof. Good thing they did not promise it would be smudge-proof, because it definitely smudged onto my lower lid after a few hours. Mind you, not smudged as bad as say pencil or gel eyeliner, but definitely a noticeable grey coloring.
Is it waterproof? Yes. But if you rub the Extreme under water, it will smudge - BUT it will stay wherever you smudged it. Which essentially makes it waterproof since it doesn't float/flake off somewhere else.
I'd say this is an exact dupe of Stila's Stay All Day Eyeliner, with the same amount of smudgeyness.

Now, about the regular Eye Tech (the shorty with the gold casing) - it's not waterproof (will come off with water + rubbing) but it is DEFINITELY 100% smudgeproof. I've worn Eye Tech for 20 hours straight and came home with zero smudging. The only downside is if you rub your eyes HARD (and I do mean hard, like seeing stars hard), it will flake off.
How smudgeproof is the regular shorty gold cased Eye Tech? I apply a somewhat oily slippery sunblock onto my eyes, and 1 minute later apply the Eye Tech eyeliner on. AND IT STAYS ON. No moving whatsoever afterward. It's great.
I have noticed one strange attribute about the regular Eye Tech eyeliner. After I apply it, it leaves a strangely cool/cold sensation where the eyeliner was applied. I'm thinking this formula has a specific ingredient in it that creates this "cool/coldness" to prevent the eyeliner from smudging and hold it intact. It was strange at first, but I'm definitely used to it now.
Also, for people who say theirs came out watery, you either didn't shake it or you actually got a bad eyeliner. So first shake it! And if that doesn't work, return it ASAP!

So I guess whether the regular *Eye Tech* or *Eye Tech Extreme* is better for you depends upon your needs.
If you have a tendency to be oily and need to not look like a zombie panda, get the regular shorty gold-case *Eye Tech*.
If you don't have a history of having problems with liner transferring but are looking for waterproof black eyeliner, the *Eye Tech Extreme* is for you.

But for me? Eye Tech, the shorty gold case, is my favorite.

P.S. Both come off easily with warm water + facial cleanser.

- EDIT 1/30/2013 -
To be honest, the Eye Tech Extreme (black plastic) is easier to use towards the end of the pen's life. Using the Eye Tech (the gold one) is like fighting the pen to disperse the last of the ink. UGHHHH. Okay. My love goes back to the Eye Tech Extreme more than the regular Eye Tech.