Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Dark Brown

3.1

I'm on the fence with this eyeliner.

I was looking for a WATERPROOF eyeliner in gel/creme form & this was suggested by an employee at Sephora.

The Good:This is truly WATERPROOF. I apply it & put a little eyeshadow over it to set it. It sticks ALL day long, even through my workout at the gym! It is the only eyeliner that stays on my lower lashline. I have hooded eyes & monolids, and I never find that weird residue in my outer corners (which MAC Fluidline constantly leaves on my eyes)

The Bad: I apply it with the Sephora angled eyeliner brush & it is a bit dry but it's not as dry as the same product in Purple (forgot the exact name of the shade). You have to make sure you close the lid right after you put some on your brush or it will dry out quickly.

NOTE: I have found that the Smashbox Waterproof shadowliner DUOs are much creamier than the single jet set pots. The duos have a little plastic lid that goes over the liner in addition to the regular cover. Maybe it helps keep the moisture in? I do find that the Duos don't stay on my lid as long though. :(

on 3/16/2010 3:36:00 PM

I like this product. It stays on for me. It's a bit pricey and you need to make sure that you close the lid tightly so it does not dry. Suggestion - go to Sephora and try before you buy.
Cheers!

on 3/9/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really want to like this eyeliner! I love the brush that came with it... the sharp angle is great, and I love the way my eyes look immediately after application. But it never, ever stays put and I get these gross deposits of color in the corner of my eyes. I like the shade of brown as an alternative to black.

on 3/7/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a smashbox eyeliner set on QVC which included the black and brown gel eyeliner and the bent eyeliner brush. Although I liked the color of the brown gel eyeliner better than the black, because it looks more natural, the texture was just horrible, too dry and clumps easily. I only used it for a couple of times before giving up. I'd recommend the black one if you really want to give smashbox gel eyeliner a try, just skip the brown.

on 1/23/2010 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

best eyeliner ive ever used.
i got brown because i though it would be softer looking than the black.
The colour is a dark brown as it says.
I got this from QVC which came with a brush which makes the product really easy to apply.
i use it on the top lashline and waterline and it stays all day! even on the waterline. This is good but it makes it hard to remove at the end of the day.
The size of the pot is so small i laughed when i saw it thinking how much it costs, but you really only need a small amount so it will last.
the consistency of the product is very smooth and easy to apply.

on 1/12/2010 10:12:00 PM

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

To start, the shade is a brown that ends up looking more rusty-black. It ends up looking wrong for my warm skin tone. I don't think that it's a solid rich brown that I feel would be more attractive on a wider range of people.

Second, it's very hard and cakey and hard to grab with a brush. I can't imagine getting a very thin and precise line with it. It goes on okay, but it just doesn't compare to Clinique's creme liner.

I feel ripped off since it is TINY, didn't come with a brush, and it was so terribly EXPENSIVE. I don't think Smashbox invested any R&D in this particular product. Eyeliner certainly isn't their forte. I didn't realize how small it was. I also feel like it's going to dry out completely and go bad soon.

I simply don't understand how other people like this product because the product is so dry. If it was $2.50, I'd wouldn't be so upset. But it is $20, which is outrageous. It has convinced me that all Smashbox products are overpriced - in contrast to Chanel or YSL where you get what you pay for.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am SO disappointed in this product! It was $32 for the pot and because it was smashbox I had really high hopes for it. I tried an angled brush, MAC 209, and angled eyeliner brush to apply this and I can't get it to work for me. The consistency is dry, tugs on my eyelids during application and I'm not a big fan of the shade of brown....its almost got a reddish hue which was not what I was looking for. What a waste of money :(

on 10/8/2009 2:18:00 AM

This is a beautiful brown color that goes on relatively smoothly with a brush, but i find it leaves striations or brush marks when I put it on my upper or lower lash line. For a waterproof eyeliner it should stay better on the water line, but seems to smudge. It really needs to be set with a powder e/s on top. I find it works best on my tight line (upper water line) for a good natural full lash line look. Small pot will last you a long time.

I bought this when I realized that I had better control with an eyeliner brush than a pencil. This is my first pot eyeliner and I've had good results so far and it doesn't seem as harsh as liquid eyeliner. It doesn't tug and it applies smoothly. It does smudge though, and I'm a chronic eye-rubber. ;(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this dark brown shade, especially since black usually looks too harsh with my fair skin and blonde hair.
This eyeliner has good staying power, much better than other eyeliners, but it is not 100% smudgeproof/waterproof. But no eyeliner (that I've tried) really is 100% waterproof except GOSH Extreme Art Eyeliner. I currently alternate between this Smashbox eyeliner and the GOSH one. This one is easier to apply if I'm in a hurry. I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply it.
One of the best eyeliners I have tried, the small little pot also lasts a very long time.
UPDATE: I would not buy this again because I have tried MAC Fluidline and it like it much better. Fluidline is much easier to work with and is not as dry in texture as Smashbox Jet Set. I also think MAC has better staying power.

Top Rated Smashbox Products