September 1, 2014 | 1075 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner - Dark Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by switchick

I like this product. It stays on for me. It's a bit pricey and you need to make sure that you close the lid tightly so it does not dry. Suggestion - go to Sephora and try before you buy.
Cheers!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by nonnen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really want to like this eyeliner! I love the brush that came with it... the sharp angle is great, and I love the way my eyes look immediately after application. But it never, ever stays put and I get these gross deposits of color in the corner of my eyes. I like the shade of brown as an alternative to black.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Kathryn89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a smashbox eyeliner set on QVC which included the black and brown gel eyeliner and the bent eyeliner brush. Although I liked the color of the brown gel eyeliner better than the black, because it looks more natural, the texture was just horrible, too dry and clumps easily. I only used it for a couple of times before giving up. I'd recommend the black one if you really want to give smashbox gel eyeliner a try, just skip the brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by VickyS169318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

best eyeliner ive ever used.
i got brown because i though it would be softer looking than the black.
The colour is a dark brown as it says.
I got this from QVC which came with a brush which makes the product really easy to apply.
i use it on the top lashline and waterline and it stays all day! even on the waterline. This is good but it makes it hard to remove at the end of the day.
The size of the pot is so small i laughed when i saw it thinking how much it costs, but you really only need a small amount so it will last.
the consistency of the product is very smooth and easy to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by JTT

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

To start, the shade is a brown that ends up looking more rusty-black. It ends up looking wrong for my warm skin tone. I don't think that it's a solid rich brown that I feel would be more attractive on a wider range of people.

Second, it's very hard and cakey and hard to grab with a brush. I can't imagine getting a very thin and precise line with it. It goes on okay, but it just doesn't compare to Clinique's creme liner.

I feel ripped off since it is TINY, didn't come with a brush, and it was so terribly EXPENSIVE. I don't think Smashbox invested any R&D in this particular product. Eyeliner certainly isn't their forte. I didn't realize how small it was. I also feel like it's going to dry out completely and go bad soon.

I simply don't understand how other people like this product because the product is so dry. If it was $2.50, I'd wouldn't be so upset. But it is $20, which is outrageous. It has convinced me that all Smashbox products are overpriced - in contrast to Chanel or YSL where you get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I am SO disappointed in this product! It was $32 for the pot and because it was smashbox I had really high hopes for it. I tried an angled brush, MAC 209, and angled eyeliner brush to apply this and I can't get it to work for me. The consistency is dry, tugs on my eyelids during application and I'm not a big fan of the shade of brown....its almost got a reddish hue which was not what I was looking for. What a waste of money :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by risingstarVI

This is a beautiful brown color that goes on relatively smoothly with a brush, but i find it leaves striations or brush marks when I put it on my upper or lower lash line. For a waterproof eyeliner it should stay better on the water line, but seems to smudge. It really needs to be set with a powder e/s on top. I find it works best on my tight line (upper water line) for a good natural full lash line look. Small pot will last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by parvastella22

I bought this when I realized that I had better control with an eyeliner brush than a pencil. This is my first pot eyeliner and I've had good results so far and it doesn't seem as harsh as liquid eyeliner. It doesn't tug and it applies smoothly. It does smudge though, and I'm a chronic eye-rubber. ;(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this dark brown shade, especially since black usually looks too harsh with my fair skin and blonde hair.
This eyeliner has good staying power, much better than other eyeliners, but it is not 100% smudgeproof/waterproof. But no eyeliner (that I've tried) really is 100% waterproof except GOSH Extreme Art Eyeliner. I currently alternate between this Smashbox eyeliner and the GOSH one. This one is easier to apply if I'm in a hurry. I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply it.
One of the best eyeliners I have tried, the small little pot also lasts a very long time.
UPDATE: I would not buy this again because I have tried MAC Fluidline and it like it much better. Fluidline is much easier to work with and is not as dry in texture as Smashbox Jet Set. I also think MAC has better staying power.