December 21, 2014 | 1790 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Trisha456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Rapid Lash for well over a year now, after I first read some of the reviews here at MUA, so first I want to thank everyone who posts product reviews here - they really do help others!

This product really works for me (I say "for me" because I don't believe every product will work for every person - some people have allergies or just sensitivities to certain ingredients that can make a product not work for them, or uncomfortable to use).

It took a full month before I really began to notice good results, but my lashes definitely got longer - noticeably so……however, it did take quite a few months before I could honestly say that I noticed they were getting fuller (more lashes) as well. My lashes over the years had gotten sparser and shorter (aging sucks), and using mascara just seemed to emphasize that - they looked stubby and sparse. I tried false eyelashes but never got the hang of applying them and they just felt weird. SO I started researching all of the various eyelash enhancing serums, and after reading about a gazillion reviews I decided to try the Rapid Lash……it has worked so well for me that I have never tried any other product, so I can't compare them, but I'm happy enough with the results that I'll just stick with it. I do try to find places to get it cheaper than the typical $49, when I find it on sale I stock up. I can no longer find it on Amazon, probably due to unscrupulous sellers selling fake Rapid Lash, so now I usually just buy it at my local CVS or Ulta.

I have noticed that if I stop using it for more than a few weeks (I sometimes travel on business for a couple of weeks or more at a time), my lashes that grow in to replace the lost ones are not as long or thick, so I try to keep an extra tube in my travel bag. If I miss a night or two now and then I don't worry about it, but this is something you really need to keep using for it to keep working…..it's an investment.

As for side effects, there seem to be very few - no skin darkening or eye-color issues, but sometimes it does feel a little itchy when I first put it on - the itching doesn't last, so I try to just ignore it or distract myself with something else like reading, and it goes away. I haven't had any other issues. with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by mycuriosity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after 7 weeks of usage, i did not see any difference on my eye lashes, i think a very slight growth on my eye brows, which is why i gave two lippies, one for growth on the eye brows and one for no side effects. but did nothing at all for my eye lashes....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jokat77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased RapidLash about 3 weeks ago and have been using it daily. The packaging was sealed well and the applicator (which is a lot like eyeliner) was very easy to use. Unfortunately, after 3 weeks of use, I don't see any noticable difference except for swollen, red and irritated eyelids and bloodshot eyes. I apply the product carefully, so I don't think I'm getting any into my eyes, but some seepage must be happening. Certain eyeliners do irritate my eyelids (not all - I can use mac gel and stila liquid liners), so it may be my somewhat sensitive skin reacting to the product. Without any results though, the daily discomfort just isn't worth it for me - plus I've read that I may have to continue using this product to maintain lash improvement, if any. I'm considering fysiko as an alternative, and will review that one if I try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by blackmagick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What can I say, this stuff really works! I have used it for a little over month now, and my eyelashes are CLEARLY thicker and longer. This costs about 50$ so it's one of the most affordable eyelash enhancers that actually work. I believe I got a little better results with careprost, but this has a little safer ingredients. I haven't noticed any irritation or side effects.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I have been using this for about two months, and will say that I have gotten pretty impressive results. With nightly use, my lashes have absolutely grown much longer and they also are thicker and feel stronger. When I run my finger over them without mascara, they feel thick and waxy - much less likely to fall out than before. With mascara, they nearly touch my eyebrows. BUT - this product also makes NEW lashes grow where there were none before. I realize that this may sound great, but in my case, new baby lashes are growing under my normal ones, straight down into my eye! It is very challenging to get these new lashes into my eyelash curler, but if I get the curler extremely close to where it is actually pinching my lash line, I can get them up. Otherwise these lashes point straight down and look bizarre. I am not really sure what to do about this. I like the product, so maybe these new lashes will just grow long enough eventually to blend in with the ones I already have. I have actually resorted to cutting them off because they were pointing down so dramatically. I don't know if this is a common issue or not. I will continue using the serum, and see what happens!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

This is the 2nd eyelash serum ive used, so i dnt know these well, but it was better than the etude house one which sucked.
so far it is the best and it lengthened my lower lashes, but i already had ridiculously long lashes, so it wasnt dramatic for me

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by JRelic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using for about a month. I like it so far - word to the wise, take before pictures!!!! I can't see if. They've grown that much because I can't remember how they looked before. After mascara, they look amazing! My lashes were never bad before, but I'm still waiting to get comments from others on how long they look. Time will tell. I'll buy another tube and use completely before moving on to another brand. For now, I know it's safe to use and it has my approval.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LMGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product a couple of years ago to no effect. I bought another tube over the summer...the bottom says "Hexatein" rather than "Promaxyl" (the manufacturer), and I don't know if this is the difference, but my eyelashes have grown so full that it looks like I'm wearing eyeliner on the bottom. On the top the growth is slightly different...towards the outside corners of my eyes the lashes are so voluminous they actually tangle and are quite a bit more full than those toward the inner corners of my eyes. At this point I need just one coat of mascara to make it look like I'm wearing falsies (well, this is a guess because I've never used false eyelashes), but I always use a cleaned mascara brush to brush them out after applying mascara to prevent the tangling effect.

The major downside and why it earns four instead of 5 stars is the discoloration of my eyelid. I've resigned myself to using an eyelid primer (Trish McAvoy).

BTW, a concern was iris color. I pride myself on my baby blues and thank goodness Rapidlash is safe.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, I can give this a fair review now. It has been about a month and a 1/2 since I started using it and the results are amazing!!!! I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror to find that my left eyelashes were missing a huge chunk!!! Not going to lie, a shed 5 tears. Lol. So I knew I had to do something about it and went out and bought this. I was very skeptical because I have tried LiLash, Talika Lipocils, Ardell lash/brow serum, and castor oil -none of which worked. They either did nothing but condition or were horribly irritating to my eye.

This is finally the miracle lash serum I have been searching for!! I bought mine on Ebay for 29.99 + shipping. You can also get it from Ulta and use a 20% coupon! :)

My lashes are so much longer and thicker now. All without irritation! I noticed results in about 2 weeks and honestly I wasn't that great about applying every night and they still got longer! ....I rarely use falsies now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by vyksyn

Holy Cow! You would not believe my lashes! One of my friends asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes and told me I needed to trim them they have grown so much! I have seen a dramatic difference in the length of my lashes in the past 2 months since using this stuff and will continue to use it! Worth trying if you want to see results in about 6 weeks!

*Take out the rubber stopper to get every last bit of product out! The packaging is tricky to use!*

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No