July 31, 2014 | 1097 users online

Samples - Everyday Minerals - Try Me Free kit

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by FYI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not allowing the customer to choose the formula they'd like to try is a real problem with these kits. If someone knows for fact that they have no interest in the O-Glo coverage for example, and the color they want to try is only offered in O-glo in the free kit, you're out of luck and have to spend the $2.50 on a sample. Now I know $2.50 doesn't seem like a lot, but good luck picking a color on the first go... EDM's colors don't seem to follow the standards re: warms, cools etc....

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree that this kit is useless if you are new to EDM. I tried quite a few kits (when they were customizable) before deciding on my shade AND formula. If I were new to EDM I would never purchase one of these kits with pre-selected shades and formulas for 5 bucks plus s/h. Just my 2 cents.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I have mixed feelings about the new Try Me Free kits.

I think that for picking foundation they are not user friendly. If you could select the formula it might be okay. It would be better to go back to the old foundation sample kits. And maybe just have the color suggestions for various skin tones.

I think for blush and eyeshadow it is fine since it gives a chance to sample colors that you may not normally buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Yukita

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had used EDM for about 1-2 years. In that time I found a shade that 'worked' although it wasn't ever fantastic on me.
So I decided it needed a tweak and I wanted to find a new shade that might look better.
So obviously I went to order a foundation kit. But now they have these kits where the colours are pre-selected for you! And you cannot even select the formula type you want. So, for myself, I know that I need intensive, but in ordering this kit they send you a preselected colour of their choice, plus the give you one of each formula! This doesn’t really make much sense, especially if you consider that within one base name (say Buff Linen) if you order the O-Glo and the Intensive, you will end up with two different colours, so it is vital to be able to test the colour you need otherwise, how on earth could you order a full size not knowing how it might look (and they don’t accept refunds BTW – so order FS items at your own risk…).
See my other reviews of the foundation in general. There are much better ones out there. In fact, since with these new kits I couldn't find my new colour, and I wasnt going to waste money on shipping for a set of pre-seleted colours I knew wouldn't suit me, I decided to look elsewhere and say, Adios a EDM!!
I moved over to Silk Naturals and that is the foundation I use now.
My Numbers:
I choose 1 for over all rating, which is explained here.
Price = 4, it is expensive because they use quite expensive shipping methods, much more expensive than I have seen elsewhere, and you end up with a product you don't want.
Packaging. Same as all MMU. So this is a neutral number.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe they changed their try me kits. WTF is wrong with this place? If you want to find your shade you might want to try a different brand. This try me kit is so not helpful or right. The shades they offer are way off from their descriptions. Not worth the price or effort when there are so many more mineral makeup companies to try. Silk Naturals has really nice products and you can easily find your shade b/c you make it yourself. EDM is not right for changing this kit. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by pixiedoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The new EDM samples kit are useless if you want to find your foundation match. To agree with the previous reviewer if these kits where all that was available when I first tried out EDM, I would not have bothered as I wouldn't have been able to find my match. I used EDM for a while but found their foundation made my skin bumpy and dry. I have since discovered other mineral makeup companies that have products far superior to those sold by EDM. EDM has gone downhill considerably recently and the introduction of these useless try me free kits is a bad idea, as the old custom sample kits where one of their main selling points.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Marielle4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This try me free kit for foundations doesn't make any sense to me. It's like thinking one of the 4 might suit you but the other three are useless. How about after that? No finetuning possible.. If these try me kits existed when I looked into EDM for the first time, I would definately not have ordered. When are they useful? If you want to try some blushes or eyeshadows for fun.. but foundation? No way!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by lov2read68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The new pre-set foundation sample kits are NOT user friendly IMO. The color choices included in the kits don't make sense to me - the color range is wide. I tried EDM when you could pick the colors and finishes that you thought would work for you. As I don't like semi-matte or original glow due to having oily skin at least 2 if not more samples won't work for me in the new kits.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a LOUSY way to pick a foundation although it might be an OK way to sample shadows and blushes. A person may not know if they are light/fair/medium or have any idea of whether they are cool/warm/golden/olive/neutral. Even if you don't however, it's pretty much a guarantee that putting samples from multiple color families in to one preset kit means that at least 2, and more likely 3 of the samples in any given kit will be totally wasted. When you factor in the different formulas (also pre-chosen) chances become even slimmer that you will find the right match for you. The old 'choose your own' kit was much better. Too bad it's gone. It's what hooked me on EDM before I found better products.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by missyjean130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Buying cosmetics online can be very difficult since the colors look a bit different depending on your display setting for your screen. The try me kits make it a painless process though! Finding the right foundation shade is the only challenging part for some,but it's not too bad. You only pay 3 dollars for shipping and the samples themselves can last a while depending on the frequency of use.
When you finally find the right shade,you can throw in a sample kit every single time you order for no additional charge! Just the other day I tossed in a "trim the tree" shadow sampler,but you can also try out blushes and finishing powders. It's so nice =)