Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Algae Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pullulan, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/13/2013 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Does it brighten? Not at all but I prefer it this way
Does it make foundation last longer? Yes
Does it make complexion/foundation smother? Yes! Very much so!
Does it provide oil control? No... requires blotting but prevents fdn from lifting off to much
Repurchase? Not right now, willing to try others

I feel like this causes me to get acne bumps under the skin. I hadn't used this in a week and half and my skin was nice. Then I used them and now my skin isn't smooth anymore. Will avoid this product for sake of my skin!

on 12/9/2012 8:56:00 AM

There's nothing about this product that made my makeup stay put or last longer. It leaves a strange film on top of my skin that I don't like.

on 11/26/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am in my early 30's with dry, sensitive skin. Heading into the winter months, I thought this primer might work well to give my skin a smoother appearance. The fact that it contains hyaluronic acid (a great lightweight moisturizing ingredient for dry skin!) made it very appealing.

The primer went on smooth, didn't irritate my skin and didn't break me out. However, after about 8 hours of wear (underneath Estee Lauder Double Wear Light) my skin felt drier than usual and looked red, flaky and uneven all around my forehead and eyes. I plan on giving this another try during the warmer months when my skin is less dry. Overall though, I feel like this product would work better for someone with normal or combination skin.

on 11/21/2012 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Works well to have makeup stay longer, isn't sticky or thick so works amazing for oily skin.

on 9/30/2012 11:48:00 AM

This primer is fantastic!! My face has become extremely dry over time because of all the silicone's I used on my face that dried my skin up. So I was looking for a moisturizing primer that was silicone-free and kept my makeup lasting long. THIS IS THE ONE!! I have a hard time trying to find a silicone free primer, so when I found out about this I had to try it out!! This primer is very moisturizing which is needed for my extremely dry skin. What I like the most is that its stays moisturized for the rest of the day. It doesn't get matte after 1 hour and then dry my face up the rest of the day. This is ideal for extremely dry skins!

Texture: This has a liquidy runny texture to it. It feels very wet when you apply it to your face but that effect doesn't last long. When it dries it is kind of sticky, but you need that factor to keep your makeup staying on and lasting longer.

Lasting power: This primer lasts on my face for 5-6 hours. But I don't use powder, I imagine if you use powder it will last much longer.

Finish: This dries to a velvet finish. It definitely gives you a nice glow to your face once it dries. This smooths my skin like no tomorrow! It makes my face very smooth and creates a polished canvas for makeup. The best thing is that it also hides my pores! I have very noticeable pores so I love that this primer hides them.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this after reviewing it for 2 years and I'm sorry I purchased this at sephora ... I love the packaging but I does nothing for my eyelids honestly it did nothing nemore special than nething else honestly I love E.L.F over this ...the pirce is way too much and I honestly love UD products

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

The reason i took a lippie off is that, so far, I'm not convinced that it's my HG but it does have the potential. I've only used it twice so I may come back with an edit!

Anyways, the tube is big, and you only need the smalles blob o spread all per the face. I find this primer feels amazing as it doesn't feel silliconey at all, like a lot of other primers out there! It also has a refreshing feel to it. I do see my makeup glides over my skin better and lasts much longer through the day which is a must for me. I hate going to wash my face to see my makeup has shifted and gone patchy! Tis doesn't happen with this primer.
It hasn't broken me out, but like I said I've used it twice so time will tell!

On the whole a fab primer!

on 8/17/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff smooths out your face and helps foundation go on easier, BUT if you have oily skin and you are in a humid place beware this stuff will make your face look super greasy and you'll have to wash your face and then re-apply your make-up. NOW an easy way to avoid this is also purchasing their De-Slick Oil Control Mattifying Gel! Then your skin will be perfection. Keep in mind these two products alone will cost you like 58 bucks, but I find if you pair it with MAC Studio Fix Powder which is already 28 bucks it's well worth it. I never broke out using all these products together which always happens with the cheap-y primers and foundations. So for perfect looking skin and not breaking out definitely buy this stuff! I really like the packaging as well it comes in a tube so you can get it all out. Plus a little goes a long way! So it lasts for a while.

on 5/14/2012 1:15:00 AM

Love this primer, I use it with UD's cream to powder foundation. They both work really well together, I hate silicone primers. Silicone just feels disgusting on my skin and makes me feel like I'm a second away from having the worst cystic acne of my life. Would buy this product again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I tried a lot of primers in search of one without silicone worth using. (The silicone ingredients in primers give me this weird, painful, slow-motion acne.) A lot of the silicone-free ones did absolutely nothing...at all. As in, why spend on a primer that doesn't even help with the foundation? This product came to me as part of some kind of Sephora sampler about a year ago and I still like it. I see the difference when I use it before applying my liquid foundation (I don't notice anything when I use it under powder foundation). My makeup looks smoother and lasts longer when I use it. From the other reviews, I suspect that I use way less than others. I squeeze one thin line along one finger, lightly spread it across fingers of both hands, then pat it lightly across my nose, forehead, and apples of cheeks. I have not personally experienced the taffylike consistency, but will not argue that others have not. Finally, I won't lie: the brightening effect is yet to appear. No brightening, but it works the way I want it to work. Minus one lippie because the finish flakes off the cap like crazy. Otherwise, I like a tube.

Popular Primer/ Correctors