October 31, 2014 | 892 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is a pretty solid cleanser. I have combination skin, more on the oily side, and I'm prone to breakouts on my chin. I rarely get small blemishes...I pretty much only get the big, deep ones that take about a week to clear up. I picked this up randomly one day and while it's not the best cleanser I've ever used, it does work pretty well.
This is a liquid cleanser that lathers up on the skin pretty nicely, but I'm not sure why they call this a "foaming" product, because it doesn't really foam up, it just creates a lather. The pump on my bottle fell off when I dropped this once and the pump hasn't worked very well since, but 2 pumps of this is enough to cover my face. The smell isn't great, it's a little medicinal if you ask me, but I don't mind it. I don't experience the tightness or irritation that a lot of other reviewers have mentioned. I actually find that this makes my skin feel very clean without feeling stripped. I do usually follow up with a toner and moisturizer, though.
This didn't clear my skin up completely, but it was definitely better than using nothing. I still get the random pimple here and there, but I find that using this and a spot treatment helps clear my skin up better than other cleansers I have used in the past.
Overall, I won't be running out to repurchase this, but I can see myself getting another bottle sometime in the future. If you have skin similar to mine and salicylic acid generally works well for you, I'd give this a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Lisaaaj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the drug store products I have bought this has to be the best. I tend to have anywhere from normal- sensitive skin and this product does dry out your skin when used excessively so make sure to moisturize properly. I currently use this a couple times a week, give or take a few times depending on the condition of my skin. I used to have really bad acne and this product seemed to be the only one that worked for me. This product isn't expensive at all and I always have a bottle, just in case. If your skin dries out easily, you should probably only be using it once every other day. If not, then once a day is fine. Just beware that this product is kind of harsh on your skin, especially when used too often but it does work. If you're contemplating purchasing this product, I'd say to give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by minakoaino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product last month. Prior to this face wash, I was using a foaming cleanser by Clinique. Since I started using this face wash, my face has been free of acne (except for when I'm on my time of the month), and it's gotten smoother too. I was trying to find the Clean and Clear advantage acne spot treatment at a local grocery store and then I saw this product. I use it at night, and then I apply face lotion right after. I can pretty much say that this is a pretty good product for me. Before I bought this cleanser, I would get acne forming on my forehead everyday since I have bangs. Now, I barely get any. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Itzsyd123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't have any problems with this product. I am a teenager with very oily and acne prone skin. The first time I used it, it burned a little and my skin got red. After the first few times using it, it cleared my skin up. It doesn't burn and my skin has not been too dry. I enjoyed this product and would repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BunnyYas

I was using the clean & clear face wash of mandarin smell (can't remember exactly the name), which was pretty ok for my skin. I run out of face wash product so I had to go to the drug store in emergency to purchased another one. I saw this one being 3in1 so catched my attention.
I started using it for about 3 days and it was working okay; but today, I just used it, and when I applied the moisturizer that I always use, I started feeling a burning sensation and my skin became so red and it burns horrible!! I had great expectations on this product but it made my skin terrible irritated so I am not gonna use it again... Sigh, It's like dumping my money on the trash.

I see one review of a teenager who said that the people who wrote bad review is because they didn't use moisturizer.. LOL.... that's why is better to read well before giving an opinion, everyone has said they used a moisturizer which didn't make the effect to calm down. And of course, not everybody have same type of skin; for some people it will work okay, for others it will not. I cannot expect a big deal from reviewers who are less than 18 years old and do not have enough experience yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Kaycea8

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!! I looked for a face wash that would help with my acne breakouts and thought I would give this one a try. I used it for two days and woke up this morning with swollen eyes and a chemical burn on my face. I could not see out of my left eye and applied cold compresses for about 10 minutes this morning to get the swelling to go down a little. My face is still extremely red and painful. It also itches horribly. I will be dumping this product down the drain. If you have sensitive /combination skin steer clear of this face wash or suffer the consequences.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this hoping it'll help control the oil and acne on my face. Each time I washed my face with this, my skin felt tight so I thought it must be working. It was too late when I realized this made my skin too dry thus making my skin produce more oil. In other words, It did nothing but made my skin worse, dull and oily at the same time, I have more acne than I used to have and my skin just feel rough for some reason. I just quit using it 2 days ago, and my skin already feel and look better. Definitely not gonna buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I'm extremely shocked by the ratings! I love this cleanser. In fact, it's replaced my 60 dollar cleanser I purchased from my esthetician! It works really well at cleaning my skin, and it can be drying - but so can all acne washes. I've actually found this to be less irritating than most acne cleansers. It's a little drying but it's is nothing that a good moisturizer can't fix. I use this morning and night, and it's worked really well to keep my skin clean and my acne under control. I will add that I don't follow this with any other acne control treatment; I have found that it is too much for my skin to pile on product after product. With this cleanser especially, my skin doesn't like it if I put any sort of acne control creams on top of it. But I'm really happy with it, and I think that it does a really good job on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by dreagurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well I would like to say this product is overall okay, but the one thing that's somewhat hard to get past is its ability to over dry your face! I know the point of most acne washes is to wash away oil but this gives you a tightening feeling in your face that may not be bearable to most people. I also developed patches and peeling on my face after using this product. But later treated it with moisturizer. This product treated my acne bumps. Overall I would reccomend this to oily acne prone sufferers.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by gothpunk5153

I Am a 19 year old girl, and i just bought this product 4days ago. I used it 2 times and it made my face very tight, Dry, Flaky, Red, it hurts so bad i can't smile, my eye's are swollen, i woke up and my whole face was swelled up, i have know idea how to fix my face, i have used everything i could think of and find online to help my face go back to normal and it hasn't worked, i will never buy this product ever again! i feel as if i have a chemical burn or a sun burn on my face, if i were you and looking for a new product for my Face please do not by this its the worst!