Illamasqua Katie

4.7

Talc, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Mica, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-150, Silica, Ricinus Communis Oil (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-26, Methylparaben, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Ethylparaben, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance) And May Contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 CI 15850, Red 21 Lake CI 45380, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Red 27 Lake CI 45410]. May contain Carmine as a colour additive.

on 6/16/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why nobody loves their package! I find it stylish and sturdy. Plus it has a big nice mirror. I hate when I pay a lot and get the product in a cardboard box. Just hate it! I have this one in the duo and find that it compliments my skin tone nice (SB no. 6; Bourjois 52, Guerlain 01). On my skin in looks like a cold pink so I warm it up with ambition. it will be great for winter. Recommend, would buy it again, lasts all day, highly pigmented. The only downside is that when you swipe it with a brush ( I use RT) it ends kind of messy: it crumbles. The powder is spread in the whole compact which makes the mirror and the compact itself dirty. What a product waste :( Just bear in mind, I heard you have to be careful (musn't fall) as the blush gets easily broken.

on 4/24/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is absolutely unique, a matte powery, baby pink. It looks so pale in the pan but actually goes on quite pink on the cheeks. Blends beautifully and stays on forever, even on hot summer days.
The packaging is stylish but kind of bulky.
The only thing I don't like about these illa blushes is they are too powdery, a gentle sweep on the pan can turn up a layer of product. So be very gentle with your brush, dip it on the pan instead od sweeping. And since it is quite pigmented, only a tiny bit will do.

on 3/22/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, large cheek pores and acne prone to dimethicone in blushes!

I am going to more than happily work my way thru the Illamasqua line of blushes, as it doesn't have 'cones in the blush formula (nor Tarte or Chanel). After a long trial and error with NARS blushes (blackhead city), I'm happy to have discovered this line.

Pigmented and without shimmer (necessary for my large cheek pores), and just like any blush brand, you'll just have to find the colors that work for you. Even though I'm sure this is considered a cool toned blush, Katie looks great on my NC25 warm tone skin. The peach toned equivalent, Lover, just looked orange and even a little ruddy on me so that is getting returned to Sephora.

on 3/10/2013 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I'll start out by saying that Illamasqua makes amazing blushes in general and Katie is no exception. Id describe the shade as a cool, soft, cotton candy/ballet pink. It is a matte, no shimmer or sparkle. The pigmentation of this blush is strong I usually will use a stippling or fan brush to apply it. That being said, this pan will probably last you a good while. One of the things I love the most about it is the silky texture! It is sooo smooth and super soft without being at all powdery. I live in a humid, subtropical climate and Katie lasts throughout the day with little need the reapply. The packaging is plastic, but still seems to be sturdy. Illamasqua is a more expensive product line, but is really is consistent quality. If you havent tried Illamasqua yet, try it!! It leaves up to the hype for sure.

on 3/1/2013 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Everything you'd think wouldn't work with this blush given a look at it in the packaging turns the opposite once you apply it! First of all, I'm always told by makeup artists to avoid cool blushers on my warm toned face but no warm toned blush ever looked as good on me as this very cool blush does. The color, when applied, looks somewhat unnatural and very pink but in a way that it gives me a healthy, rested and fresh look. It is very light but very pigmented and buildable. I use only one swipe of brush (I use MAC 129) on each cheek and then blend it until it's smooth. The powder is very silky but quite dusty like most Illamasqua blushes so be careful. It is matte so I use a bit of shimmer/highlighter (either Becca or lately Poudre signée de Chanel) over it and the finished look is perfection! Packaging is a bit unfortunate but I'm not giving it a lippie less for that because this blush is perfect in every other way and I'd advise everyone to try it no matter skin tone or color, you might be pleasantly surprised!

on 1/26/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are by far the best blushes I have ever had. I have had more expensive high end brands to compare to, and nothing beats these. This blush is so incredibly pigmented. The texture is so silky, there's no fly away powder, and it blends on so nicely. The staying power is amazing, I've fallen asleep with it on and it was still there in the morning. I only need to just dab a brush with the product to apply, so it will last forever.

-Katie is a pastel pink that doesnt fade into your skin. It stays the color in the pan. It's probably my favorite blush of all time. I am very fair/cool and it looks very pink on me, but i dont think it will work if you are medium complexioned or darker.

on 9/19/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i have never had such a perfect pink color! i learned about katie on mua, and am so glad i did. i'm super fair, neutral leaning towards warm (i think), and this looks beautiful on me. it's so natural, i wear it on days when i don't want to look like i'm wearing makeup. it's going to e especially nice in the winter. the packaging sucks, i hate how hard it is to open it, it looks tacky also. there is kind of a lot of fall out, but i guess that's good because it's finely milled. i thought peachy colors were on me, but katie is my exception i guess.

on 9/3/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I hesitate to write a review already since I've only worn this once so far but it's so pretty, I couldn't wait. As soon as I put it on, I said "Wow!". This is the best blush for pale skin EVER. Such a gorgeous pink flush. Once I stop trying my other new products I think this will be my go-to

on 8/17/2012 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Illamasqua's matte blushes are one of the top blush formulas I am yet to come across (and believe me, I have tried *many*!)
Katie is a beautiful (very) light cool pink blush. It is very, very pigmented (like all Illa blushes). I use a skunk brush to apply them, because I am very fair and it is *very* easy to overapply. Because of it's pigmentation, I feel like this blush will last an eternity.

I don't know how this would suit darker skintones, but if you are fair, you must try this!

on 8/6/2012 11:43:00 PM

Perfect for pale skin!!! Love this!! It's soft pink, beautiful with red lips. Real vintage feel. Very finely milled powder, great quality here!!!! I love illamasqua!!!

Popular Blush Products