September 19, 2014 | 1298 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Buriti Baby Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

Those who do not like powdery scents may not like this.
About product:
-"No nasties"
-Consistency is nice, gel-like cooling feeling on application but melts into skin.
-The yellow butter looks so yummy!
-Scent is definitely stronger than the sample I tried at the store. Probably from being opened a lot? Quite a bummer because I would have liked it a bit more toned down. Knocked a lippy off for that.

The smell started overwhelming me.. the heat and sweat did not help I can't use this anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hate to be a killjoy... but my experience with this is not nearly as good as the other reviewers'. It has to do with the smell - I find the scent of this to be very baby powder-like, and I do NOT enjoy the smell of baby powder (it reminds me of scented tampons LOL) so if you're like me, skip this... I gave this 2 lippies just because I am impressed by the pure formula, ie. no parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lacou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best body butter I've ever used! My skin is buttery plush right now, even my hands are baby soft. Originally I got this as a gift for someone but went back and found a gift set of all the Buriti baby products and found it much more giftable. So glad I kept this! This is the best commercial butter I've used, and the best offering from the body shop. No colorants, parabens, and I wish I could say no cones but it does contains cyclomethicone "the lightest" silicone, and above all the tiniest, minute, not even there scent! This is paramount for me and why I love it so much because I had to stop using my beloved coconut body butter because all over or even partial use meant it was all I would smell like. It's also to islandy for all year round so even though I loved the moisturization I nixed it. The Buriti butter feels even better. Finally The Body Shop answered my prayers! It feels like creamy silk in the jar and when its on it feels like ultra soft cotton. It is so, so softening! Its ultra yellow, like whey butter, and less dense and synthetic feeling then the other butter offers. The scent is so beautiful as well, just like a baby and that natural powder smell they seem to emanate. Its very subtle; on a scale of 1 to 10 the scent intensity is a 1. This butter is exactly what I needed scent and ingredient wise from The Body Shop and as a bonus I feel I need to use so much less. Just skimming my fingers over it gives me what I need. I think the packaging is adorable with the little yellow label and bird illustration as well. Overall, this is my HG commercial body butter and the most natural offer from TBS. I would repurchase it even at full price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a lovely body butter. I'm not a baby but I wanted something that was gentle enough for one (since I have sensitive skin). I found the scent comforting-- but a little strong. I don't know if that fragrance is suitable for a baby. Also, I found the colour to be alarmingly yellow. Then again, I am used to body butters that are white or pale in colour. I got it on sale for 10CAD which I found was a good deal but I would probably not buy it at 20CAD as TBS goes on sale quite often. I really enjoy the texture. It feels like softened butter melting into your skin; spreads very well, very easily. It does not leave a residue on the skin-- which I love! It's so hard to find a cream that doesn't. Definitely recommend and would definitely buy again-- on sale hopefully!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased a kit with small sizes of the Buriti Baby products and this lovely butter was in the kit. It leaves my skin silky soft and lightly scented. It has a wonderful texture, almost like custard and sinks into my skin and leaves no greasy residue. It contains vit. E, shea butter and olive oil. I will purchase the full size product when I finish the travel size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by racheliz13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This body butter is the best I've ever used: it absorbs very quickly, moisturizes better than body creams and lotions I've spent double the price on (back in the day when I was foolish enough to blow my hard-earned cash on that kind of thing), leaves the skin amazingly soft, and has a clean, yet delicately sweet and very subtle scent. My skin is ultra sensitive, and I've found this is very comforting and nourishing with a high-quality but delightfully simple ingredient list. It's bursting with good stuff inside like aloe, shea butter and olive oil. Doubles as an excellent hand cream as well because it's quite moisturizing, yet absorbs almost instantly. Wait for a good body butter promo (they happen all the time) and you'll score a great product at a decent price. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

I hope they'll never discontinue this BB. It is the BEST body moisturizer I've ever come across and here is why: 1. It is a body butter with a gelatin consistency that dries much quicker than other body butters that The Body Shop has. On first contact, it has a cooling sensation that melts into your skin and dries shortly thereafter. My skin is left feeling soft without the typical oily film that most other body butters leave behind. 2. The scent is of subtle baby powder which is fitting for a product directed to babies. I'm not one to go for the baby powder scent, like I will never wear a baby powder scented deodorant or baby powder perfume, but this BB's scent is very faint and I can hardly smell it in the tub or on me once applied. I think it would be suitable for someone who is sensitive towards fragrant products; however, just to be safe I suggest you smell the product in person before you decide to purchase it. 3. I bought this 200mil/7oz/200g tub for $20, which is way more than I normally spend on a body lotion, but seeing how much I love the quality I don't mind shelling the money. 4. I bought a second one to give to my friend and when I finish my tub, I will definitely repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

This was a great daily moisturizer for my son. The scent was a bit odd though - too sharp for me. I would not repurchase - I'd rather use the Vit E Body Butter on him for the softer scent. Also this wasn't really greasy or "buttery" in any way - just like a thick lotion. Soaked in very well and had a lot of slip.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by joy18

I received this as a gift and I use it for my two babies who have eczema. Since I started using this I have noticed softer skin...the eczema is far from gone, but it's not getting worse. I sometimes use this myself and my husband has commented on my silky skin afterwards. I think this is a treat for both mommy and baby. If you can afford it, get it! I know that this will always be a staple in our home!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As I reviewing this body butter...I'm sniffing and applying it at the same time...this is just to die for, sulfate free, a gentle buttery moisturisation for any age...highly recommended for babies but not to be use on face....Far, far away, deep in the Amazonian rainforest, lives the magnificent buriti tree (pronounced boo-ree-chee). From it's fruit is squeezed a precious oil, revered for being so gentle, yet protective and moisturising. This oil is used for keeping the delicate skin of the little 'prince' and 'princess' babies sof and silky. And they all lived cuddly ever after.
Ingredients: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-8 Beeswax, Steareth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Olea Europaea Oil, Steareth-20, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xantham Gum, Parfum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid.