November 28, 2014 | 1623 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a total gamechanger for me. I wear manicures on my natural nails for a week on average since I started using this. Yes, all nail polishes work differently with different people's body chemistry, but this is one I hear a lot of good things about from a lot of people. It is a rubberized base coat, which makes your nail polish stick to your nail better. Personally, I use it over a treatment, but under color. It can also be used alone as a base without a treatment under it, but I like to use a treatment on my nails and I find that it still works well with a single layer of treatment under it. It is the same idea as Orly Bonder, but I like the color of this better and you can get the big salon bottles of it on Amazon for fairly cheap. I go through a lot of this, since I use it with every mani so, while I definitely suggest buying a small bottle to try it, if you like it you're going to want to buy the 2.5 ounce bottles, which you can pour into the small bottle if you keep it clean and thinned. As the name suggests, with use and evaporation this polish will literally get sticky and stringy, but if you regularly add a few drops of nail polish thinner you'll be good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

This is one of the very few products that DOES live up to the hype! I almost always have acrylic nails on my fingers, or press-ons. But I dislike people touching my feet, so I like to do my pedi myself. Now, my problem is that on my toes nail polish either chips off or peels off in the shower within a day. So, I decided to buy a bottle of Stickey since I'd heard so much about the "stickey sandwich" method. It's not clear, it's green, but doesn't stain your polish. I chose a China Glaze blue (bahamian escape) did the stickey sandwich and finished off with Seche Vite topcoat. It's been nearly 13 days and I have just the tiniest little chip on my toe! NO peeling/lifting or any other chips! Never ever in my life has a nail polish lasted this long on me! I will never be without a bottle of stickey now, it's now essential for my pedicures. CND products are amazing - they are a professional, high-standard company after all! Best of all they're relatively inexpensive, I bought my bottle for only £5.40.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really think that this base coat made my polish last longer. Usually i use a treatment base coat and my polish will start "lifting" from the sides on the second day :( With this, my mani looks fine on the third day although i do have to reapply the top coat to maintain the glossy look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by smittycar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

MEH. I don't know why they made it green? It's shows through pale nail polish on "sticky" sandwich! It gets thick 1/2 way through. Not sure it helps polish adhere any longer than usual. Just "ok".

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I hate this. It does not make my manicures last. I put this under 2 coats of usually OPI polish and my seche vite topcoat and it makes my nail polish peel off. I know that this is the fault of stickey as it doesn't happen when I don't use it. Also if I don't use the seche vite topcoat when I use this basecoat then my manicure will not dry at all.
Such a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I swear by this product and highly recommend this if you are in need of a truly adhesive forming base coat for your mani/pedi's. I have gotten high mileage out of nearly every nail polish I apply on this, with the exception of Essie polish, Penny Talk in particular. Do try this, you will not be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Perlino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This base coat is amazing. My manicures last 7 days without chipping. I would definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great base coat that really does help prolong the life of your polish. I do find however that this works better with certain polishes.....with my OPI polishes it works awesome. But some of my cheaper polishes, they still chip early.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a "Stickey" mess. It turned my cuticles green and made my Chanel Le Vernis the consistency of rubber cement.Let's face it, there is no HG base coat or top coat for that matter: if you like the look of freshly-applied polish, then you have to do the work. Otherwise, get yourself a gel manicure. There's just no way around it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I liked this base coat so much I bought bottles for my friends. I am new to nail polish as I have been a life long nail biter, until now, and I have come to the conclusion that for a lasting manicure one needs an excellent base coat and a top coat (preferably fast dry for myself). I have tried different combinations with varying results. I have had the absolute best results with this base coat and using the "stickey sandwich" technique. I then top the "sandwich" with fast drying Essie Good to Go! top coat. I can get about a full day longer with this combo. I am very pleased. It has made my finicky Butter London Trout Pout last for 2+ days, with chipping on only two nails. I know two days isn't a lot, but seriously that polish would chip in hours, getting a day out of it, plus another one was like discovering El Dorado. lol

I would recommend you give this one a try, in conjuction with the Essie Good to Go! top coat. My sister was very impressed with it. I used it on her one day as an experiment (she is SUPER hard on her nails - cashiers and owns horses) and she told me it was amazing how much longer her nail color lasted. Hope this works for you ladies too! :)