Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Ok this review has kind of a technique twist, something I stumbled upon while pondering my results. I have combination skin - which means very oily, greasy even, but still manages to get a dry flaky layer that will block my pores & thus break me out - unless I exfoliate like a freaking mad woman.

Having said that, I've discovered a little golden nugget. You see, the Clarisonic does not exfoliate well enough in it's own to remove the flakes that block the oil & cause breakouts. It is, however, an amazing cleansing tool for AFTER you exfoliate. So I scrub really well with a sugar scrub - ALL flakes gone, pink skin, blood flowing through skin. Then I use the clarisonic to deep clean my skin, which is more effective now that everything can easily come out.

Then tone & moisturize. Voila!! There's that porcelain!!

Hope this helps someone. ❤

on 5/1/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The clarisonic is one of these things you use and never think to write a review about.
I have 4. 2 mia, and 2 pros. All were special editons ones, bought when this wasn't widely distributed as it is now. 2 are still in their boxes, not touched yet. The only reason for these number is that I bought them in the US before moving to Europe where I knew the price would be higher. My 1st mia was bought in 2010. We are in 2015, live on a different continent, and I am still using it. I simply love it ( the fact that is was the zebra edition makes it also funky to look at!). I was lucky my skin never purged using this tool, so from the get go it was a great addition to my cleansing routine. I have good skin, but like with everything else, you need to tweak with the clarisonic for it to be really good for your skin. Yonkers ago, I used to use it everyday, twice a day, for a couple of months, and it seemed to do nothing for my skin, then I changed the cleanser ( use it with PTR anti aging, and wow you will feel and see a real difference!) and only used it 3-4 times a week, and it has made a difference, the skin breathes, is clean, and has this glow that shows something is indeed happening. I encourage users to really play with it, and different cleansers ( ie; the clarisonic cleansers are crap imo!) in different routines ( morning or night), and see what works for you. And now that it is widely sold, you can even return it to the sephora after a couple of weeks if indeed it doesn't work with your skin!
As for me, I don't regret my pruchases. The fact that my 1st mia is still working ( and going strong even!) after 5 years, and the fact that my pro ( which I use for body parts twice a week) is also doing what it's supposed to, confirm my choice of the time. I also wanted to point out, that I feel since clarisonic has been bought up by l'oreal, I was afraid of the quality going downhill ( hence making my pruchase before - I won't deny it was a factor in 2013 to purchase my 2 spares with the 3 years warranty), but only the future will tell on that front if this is something new consumers have to worry about ( it would be interesting to see stats about the numbers of returns or clarisonic dying on the first 18 months of purchase, but that's another subject).
Finally, it is a great tool that I would recommend, but as previously said, buy it somewhere that has a return policy, that way you have almost nothing to lose ( except your time and any skin side effects if any!) because clarisonic is expensive for most ( counting that you spend $100 in brushes alone yearly), so you want to buy it knowing you will get a good return on the investment.

on 4/28/2015 9:37:00 AM

I am someone who has never had the urge to write a review about anything that i have ever used in my life. Therefore it is obvious to say that the clarisonic mia has made a huge impact on me.
To start with, here are some details about my skin before clarisonic
1.very sensitive and delicate
2.acne prone
3. had mild to moderate acne since 17
4. pimples that i get are usually big, red and painful

After using the clarisonic mia (luxe cashmere brush head) for close to 1 month, here are the results
1. VISIBLY clearer skin
2. the usual pimples i get every few days are reduced to almost none (so far i only had two tiny ones since using the clarisonic)
3.skin feels extremely smooth and soft compared to before
4. skin feels extremely clean after each wash ( you can see makeup residue on the brush head even after using oil cleanser to clean off makeup)

Although there are obviously many pros relating to the clarisonic, there are some things that i need to clear up
1. Although the brush worked amazingly for me, i did go through a "purging" phase which lasted around 1 to 2 weeks. During that time, I had medium to slightly severe acne and my skin was rough and flaky. (i used to brush once a day)
2. it did not get rid of my acne scars, so although my skin is now smooth, i can still see some faint dark spots from past acne.

To conclude, the brush has now become an essential part of my day and i see better results everyday. I have tried using the clinique anti blemish system which did work for me for a very short while, nonetheless, my skin still broke out afterwards. This is so far the first thing that i have used in my life that provided me with such an amazing result.

on 4/26/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used the Clarisonic for a year and broke out practically the entire year. I thought I was purging and that my skin would eventually be clear and glowing. The first month I was using it, my skin seemed to be improving but then it just freaked out. I tried changing to the extra sensitive brush and it probably got even worse. I went back to the $6 silicone pad I was using before and haven't looked back since.

on 4/24/2015 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've had my Mia for about three years. Only recently replaced the Sensitive brush head mainly because I couldn't remove that damp, sour odor it gets because it never dries thoroughly. I now place it on its side in an open window in the sunlight and that removes most of the odor. Sunlight kills germs. You need to unscrew the brush occasionally and soak it in peroxide and water, and with a toothbrush, clean the Mia where there is soap scum. I recharge it overnight about once a week.

I use Mia in the morning because it's great for removing all my flaky skin from using Retin A overnight. I don't concentrate on one area for more than two seconds or so because it is too irritating. It leaves my skin silky smooth and "open" to absorb my SkinBiology copper peptides.

on 4/24/2015 5:16:00 PM

I was lucky that I got this for a really good price because a coworker's friend sold these and got a great discount. I got the Mia itself, the charger, and I got the deep pore, delicate, and I think body brush. it also came with the the regular cleaner and a sensitive cleanser. I chose the delicate brush and sensitive wash. I only paid like $65.00 for the whole thing.
I'm sorry, I don't believe that your skin 'purges'. I'm no expert, but I do a lot of reading. If you're breaking out in acne in place where you never do, that's not purging. That's irritation. My cheeks developed red bumps and the whole thing seemed to irritate my face. I followed the instructions and I barely pressed the brush on my skin. I also washed the washed brushed frequently too, to prevent germ buildup. I got these bumpy blackheads too. Ugh. It was such a waste of time and money. I ended up giving it to my friend for free because she really wanted to try it.

on 4/21/2015 4:09:00 PM

I hate the clarisonic. My skin was clear and then I used this overrated product and now I have bumps all over my face. my face has been breaking out for 2 weeks now.. after using this thing TWICE. thanks clarisonic

on 4/17/2015 5:31:00 PM

love my Mia! FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT WANTING TO SPEND THE HIGH PRICE go to Walmart or CVS and purchase the Swisspers Walnut Exfoliating Sponge (around $2.50each). Use it to exfoliate your face and or body, it works really really good! I used it with 3-4 drops of Dr. Bonners and it lathered really well, but any body wash/bar soap will lather too. FYI I like Buf Puf facial sponges more than my Clarisonic because it allows you to concentrate on certain and hard to reach areas like the side of the nose. Wish I would have remembered about these before purchasing my Mia (used thsee back in high school). P.S girls at sephora said that it is Not necessary to buy replacement brush heads (unless they are splayed) simply wash them with antibacterial soap and keep reusing . The new brushes every 3 months is just to keep making $$.
**keep in mind the Swiss pets walnut exfoliating sponge is hard core! (They will get thin and worn out really quickly and will need to be replaced often but really are great for the body.) The Buf Puf gentle exfoliating sponge or even the regular version is more gentle on facial skin. Found mine at HEB Plus for $4. They air dry thoroughly over night And remain like new for months! ***MY DARKS SPOTS THAT I'VE HAD FOR OVER A YEAR ARE GONE!! GAVE MY CLARISONIC AWAY...BUF PUF ARE FAR BETTER!!!

on 4/13/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have extremely acne prone skin. Not sensitive but acne prone. Alot of things break me out (especially silicones). I saved up and finally bought the Clarisonic Mia. It is a wonderful device. There is no doubt about that. It is easy to operate, user friendly and really cleanses well. I noticed that with regular use, there was less gunk on my toner pad. It cleanses so well that I don't feel the need to use a toner afterwards.

Given that, it is not without its irks (apparently nothing is). What surprisingly nobody mentions is that it is a pain in the a** to charge! It takes about a day and a half to charge. Me and my sister use the same device (with different brush heads) and the battery gives up after about a week of usage. I personally find this extremely annoying. I wish the company would do something about it.

A point to be noted is that, this is a cleansing device and not a magic tool. This will clean you skin and solve all the issues that result from dirty skin. All the skin issues (dark spots, fine lines, large pores, even acne) are not due to lack of cleanliness alone. There are alot of other factors at play as well (sun exposure, diet, genetics). If your skin issues stem from something other than a blocked pored, then Clarisonic will do nothing for them. For me personally, it has considerably reduced black head and small zits but my hormonal acne remains the same as ever.

If you are making up your mind about whether to but it or not, study your skin and its issues carefully, and most of all, use it with an open mind. This is cleansing device and not Bubotuber Pus that will miraculously transform your skin.

I really enjoy this tool. I received it as a Christmas present! My face feels super clean afterwards. Charging is pretty simple and only needs to be done once a month for me. My only complaint is about some of the different brush options. I received a couple different kinds to try and the "deep pore" one is SUPER harsh. Too harsh for my sensitive skin. I will definitely avoid that one in the future.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools