October 25, 2014 | 1358 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Taryncoco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible after service with this company, once it is out of the 12 month period they want nothing to do with you except, expect you to pay for a new one.

My Clarisonic stopped working just over the 12 month period it is like brand new and there is a genuine fault with the machine as it will no longer charge just keeps vibrating.

Would not buy another one again as I would expect that it should last longer than that! More importantly no after care service.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by HRudow

I don't normally have acne prone skin but I do keep blackheads on my noce & chin, no matter what I try. So I bought the Clairsonic Mia hoping this would remove them and would freshen up my skin to make it softer and brighter. All it has done is cause me to look as if I'm going through puberty again since about three days in. I've used the wash that came with it - Kate Sommerville for Sensitive Skin - and I've tried using acne washes. Nothing is making the breakouts stop and my skin doesn't look any better than it did before using this. I'm sending it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ehartlau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Mia has been on my wish list for sometime now. I haven't purchased it before now because of the price, although I did purchase the cheapest in the line. I was also hesitant because of the purge others have experienced. I have oily skin and texture problems. During my teen years I suffered from breakouts and have mild scarring as a result. God knows I don't want to add more to my face in the event of a purge.

I wear a full face of makeup five out of seven days and feel the need for more of a thorough cleanse at the end of the day. When I got this home I decided that I would begin with my usual routine of removing all makeup (or as much as one can manually), with makeup removal wipes, then Shu Uemura oil cleanse. I followed up by gently massaging Algenist facial cleanse and then using the Mia as directed on the box. After doing all of this my skin felt brand new. It was smooth and soaked in moisturizer instead of just sitting on top of my skin. I do not plan on using the Mia more than 2-3 times max a week as too much exfoliation would be bad for my skin. The Mia certainly lives up to the hype. I only wished I would have purchased sooner. Hopefully my review isn't presumptive since I have only used it once, but can't wait to use it again. I plan on adding to this review after using it for a couple of weeks.

It has been two months that I have used mia, and my face has never looked better! I love the results. It truly gets all the dirt out of your pores! My skin did experience a purge, but it is totally worth it. I don't use it everyday, 2-3 times max! Definitely a staple in my weekly routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by bonnyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw a few U.S. YouTubers reviewing this and months later decided to invest and see how it works for me. I really think it's a great investment for my skin. I have sensitive, combination skin and the Clarisonic really helps me. I normally do a manual cleanse first (using Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser), then I do another cleanse with my Mia. I feel this really does give a deeper and more thorough clean, but doesn't hurt my sensitive face in any way. I don't use the Mia daily, but every other day and I also generally only use it at night to really clear the gunk from my face at the end of the day. I think it's expensive to say the least, but worth it. If you can buy it on sale then even better for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

If you want to splurge on only one item in your skincare regimen, let this be it. I did not know what clean skin was before I began cleansing with the Clarisonic. I use it with Boscia's purifying cleansing gel and it does an amazing job of stripping my skin of leftover makeup residue, oil, and whatever other dirt that's been accumulated during the day. I prefer the acne-prone and deep pore heads for more penetrative cleansing. I truly feel like this tool has been vital in helping me gradually clear up my skin. This is, to me, a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little about my skin: I have dry cheeks and slightly normal/oily tzone especially around the nose and I am acne prone.
I used to be in the camp of only using chemical exfoliants on my face such as AHA and BHA. However, physical exfoliation was the only way my skin would ever be soft and glowing. I've used knock offs (olay) of this that really didn't do much for my skin. Enter the clarisonic.

First off, this is ABSOLUTELY an exfoliating tool and not a cleansing tool as it's marketed. I got this with the sensitive brush head and I still find that using this 2x a day is way too much. I use this 1x a day (at night!) every other day. Yes, it absolutely removes makeup but I would recommend an oil cleanser first to remove makeup and then use the clarisonic to get the rest of it out.
I didn't experience much of a purge phase but that may be because I didn't use it 2x a day everyday. I will say, that my skin type has a changed from dry (on my cheeks) to far more normal and my nose has become a bit oiler but that's probably from removing the layers of skin that prevented this from happening before.

Overall, the clarisonic has really made my skin glow and look healthy. I have broken out a little but nothing cystic like some others experienced. The cleanser it came with isn't my favorite and I prefer to use a more hydrating gel cleanser with it (by Cerave)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by rainbowdashies

My skin: is slightly oily with dry patches, I mainly purchased the clarisonic (after a loooong time debating whether the price was worth it) for my acne, I am 16 and during the summer I break out everywhere.
I must say this product should be literally essential for everyone with a face! I couldn't believe how much cleaner and pure my face feels after using it, if I didn't use my clarisonic my face just felt grimy and my whole life I actually thought it was getting clean each night.
As for the acne..my face was pretty much completely clear in about 2 weeks. This product though expensive is absolutely worth every penny. My face looks absolutely flawless when I apply makeup and it is sooo smooth.
The best thing about this product in my opinion is that no matter what cleanser I use, it works! Everytime, I feel like my face absorbs all the goodness of cleansers and creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by maddison123

Worth every cent! I couldn't live without my clarisonic. I use it every second night, and every other night I exfoliate (chemical exfoliator). My skin feels so clean after using the clarisonic and it looks cleaner and healthier in general. I've been using for about 6 months now. It took about 6 weeks or so to really start seeing a difference but ever since my skin has been amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

I bought the clarisonic Mia from sephora in 2012 when I got my first job. This is what I bought with my first paycheck. I heard great reviews about it all over youtube so I decided to splurge because I was desperate to try anything out if it would clear my troubled skin. I've struggled with acne since I was in the 5th grade, I am now on my 4th year of college. So when I got my clarisonic, I was super excited to use it. First night I used it, it wasn't what I expected but it did make my skin sorta soft. Second night I used it, same experience, then the next morning I woke up with cystic acne near my jawline and chin. At the time I never got those painful zits, my face was just full of painless bumps. I was aware of that "purging" stage but my face was just so bad from it, I just ended up returning it. Now it's 2014 and my skin has gotten a lot better from 2 years ago but I still have flaws. I still have those tiny bumps, and acne scars(hyper pigmentation) everywhere. My cousin was gifted a clarisonic Mia for Christmas but it broke her out badly the first use so she stopped using it for months and recently asked if I wanted it. I said sure, I'll give it another try. So I've been using it again since June 15, and it's actually working better than the first time I've used it. Plus It hasn't broke me out. I only use it whenever I wear makeup. So about 3-4 times a week ONLY AT NIGHT. I remove my makeup with a baby wipe, use extra Virgin Olive oil to break down the makeup and wipe away with cotton pad, I wash my face with Dudu Osun black soap, then I wash again with same soap but using my clarisonic. I just bought the acne cleansing head yesterday and I really like it! It's more plush.. Overall I really enjoy it now, i can tell a difference in using other cleasners. Most of my cleansers say it gives a tingling sensation that I've never experienced until I use my clarisonic. I guess it makes skincare products work more effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My brother ended up buying this so we could both use it (with different brushes, obviously.) but I ended up using it more. I never had that purge period or any problems with this product, really. My skin always ends up soft after each time I use it and it feels really clean. Sometimes I can see leftover makeup on the blush that my cleanser missed and I cringe that that would have normally been on my face. This is definitely a staple product in my skincare routine!