December 19, 2014 | 1070 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Purchased this brush with my very first paycheque a couple years back and it's still doing me wonders to this day. It cleans and exfoliates (yes it exfoliates! so be wary of this when choosing to use an exfoliant after having cleansed with this brush) and makes your face feel squeaky clean. I wouldn't recommend using this brush everyday though, especially on more sensitive and younger skin since it could exfoliate/cleanse too much of the natural oils on your face, resulting in more acne and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by staceybessmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using the MIA 2 for 9 months, I have to say, I can't live w/o it. I just don't feel clean anymore not cleaning my face with it. It's like going back to a normal toothbrush to brush your teeth after you've used an electronic one.

Skin is def better, feels cleaner, does not dry skin and best of all, no break outs.

The only CON is the price of the device and especially those brush heads. At $27 a pop and replacement every 3 months, it can be costly. I've replaced it twice with the original and on the third replacement, I purchased a non brand brush head on Amazon at $15 for 2 by Procizion and they work just like the originals. I understand the device is expensive and I can live with the one time payment but I refuse to be enslaved by Clarisonic with their pricey brush head replacements.

Overall, I'm real happy with my purchase and I highly recommend it to those who want beautiful skin. If you are looking for an alternative, check out the Olay. I have that too and it's also good but I prefer the Carisonic MIA 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by anniecrow

I love, love, LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. I travel a lot so the smaller size is super handy, and it keeps my skin clean, soft, blemish, and flake free completely. I don't use the brands face wash, instead I use Neutrogena Stay Clear (which I've been using for years). I was using the sensitive brush head for a while, quite gentle, but have now switched to the normal on and it works great.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved this for the first month or so. But then my skin started to get very spotty. Once I stopped using it my skin was fine again. Started using again recently and hey! I have spots again. To much exfoliation I think...

Oh, and now it doesn't turn on :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Halloedangel

I love my Clearisonic, I've been using mine for almost a year and I use it daily. I can't imagine being without it. It cleans my clogged pores, exfoliates my dry patches and helps with my acne prone skin. This is super deep cleaning. My recommendation is to start with the sensitive brush head and move up from there based on your needs. The brush head definitely makes all the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by dermagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, Love my clarisonic. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What more can I say? I just cannot imagine not using this at night to cleanse my skin. I have had a clarisonic Mia for probably 4-5 years. I got it when my skin just first started going haywire after a lifetime of very easy going skIn. I recently got a new Mia because mine started acting funky, and I didn't want to be caught without it the night it finally would not turn on. I am impressed that my original lasted as long as it did because I have used in daily since I got it . My new one came with a sensitive skin brush(I had always just used the normal head). This brush is phenomenal and definitely cleanses and exfoliates, so I will stick with the sensitive version from now on, since my skin is after all indeed sensitive.
The difference between the Mia and the larger one (as far as I know) is that the larger one has a timer built in for each section of your face, and maybe different speeds?
I didn't care so much about those things so the little Mia seems fine to me. I have worked very hard on my skin over the past few years, and have done lots of research on keeping skin healthy and young looking. I totally credit this little gadget with helping me to clear my skin, and probably has helped with wrinkles too because of the gentle exfoliation every night. You will see a difference in your skin with continued use of this(and a good skincare ritual)
The clarisonic brush is the best of the best for a great skin care routine!!! In addition to helping skin stay clear, I believe it to be great for anti aging as well.
(Remember to wash off the brush head, disconnect and dry after each use so your machine stays clean, and replace the brush every three months!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this a lot. I was going to get the cheaper Olay version but when I saw that it is not rechargeable, I changed my mind. There's nothing more annoying than having to replace batteries.

So I went to Ulta and got this because my skin has been looking really rough, dirty, and uneven recently.
This device really cleans out my pores and that's amazing since nothing ever works for me and I feel that my pores are quite large because they are packed with so much dirt and makeup.

After noticing that regular scrubs don't do the job I had to try something better. I have only used it once a day, but not every single day, for about a week and it's great. My skin immediately felt better the first time it was used.

I have no reactions like some people described. I have noticed two new zits on my chin but that's where my pores were really clogged and I get zits there once in a great while, but nowhere else on my face.

I really like it and hope it outlives the warranty.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by snowsun

This Clarisonic Mia does not work for me at all. I've tried it for a year at least 3 times in different seasons because of the fab reviews, and it always keeps breaking me out like crazy and doing more harm than good! I'm disappointed, since I already bought a different set of brushes, thinking of changing them more often to assure my facial skin keeps always clean. I don't understand how you can even remove your thick foundation with this brush to clean your skin, and then keep using the same brush the next morning to exfoliate and theoretically clean and improve the condition of your face! No... it does not work for me, sorry... but I wish it worked as it is not cheap and it sits on my bathroom... (I'd suggest to do a nano-Mia, by the way, as this one is not small at all, in my opinion). It looks that other companies are starting to market similar appliances though...see how it goes! To conclude, I would not repurchase nor recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by dragonisdragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

i've used the mia for about 3 years now i believe and we definitely had honeymoon phase where for a month i used it everydayy and noticed my skin looked fab. my skin is very dry and for as long as i could remember i'd have flaky skin around my nose..vaseline at night helped a bit but by the end of the day after waiting for busses in the cold and walking from class to class my flaky nose would show up under my foundation.
so for a month i used the mia everyday and i did not experience dry flaky skin even once!!! but than i fell off it a bit i think because i became a bit lazy and other exfoliant type products caught my eye and i didn't want to overdo it. tbh, i know i'm going to sound lazy here but i hate cleaning this thing. like just washing it and keeping antibacterial soap handy and remembering to not let it sit around in the damp shower for too long..ugh..i know it sounds obsessed but i'd be really grossed out if i ever saw any mildew and whatnot.
so after a year i began using this again probably everyday as opposed to twice a day. after that i noticed an increase in breakouts and realized my skin was probably too thin now and this was overkill. now i have gotten down to a nice rhythm of 1-2 times a week. for my thin/sensitive/dry skin this works nicely. does it clean better than ur own hands? yes. will it brighten or even out skin. yes..but i think any exfoliant would.. does it keep skin clear? yes, but ymmv. if you have sensitive skin it can have the opposite effect. i would definitely repurchase forever, for me it is an essential part of my routine and good for all busy ladies. (and men)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by itskeniaaa

Amazing product! My skin feels so much smoother and pores are beginning to become less noticeable. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.