November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Powder - Giorgio Armani - Silk Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Orangepeko

bought this product two month ago, and I started breaking out like hell . I went to counter for return,but the sale person just wouldn't let me to return > <...
It has a good coverage ,but it's kinda heavy to me...won't purchase it again...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 5:01:00 AM More reviews by honeybeeyy

I bought this in Hong Kong which comes in SPF 17 and I use color #3.5

I found #4 is too yellowish and dark for me (I'm Asian yet have very light skin tone) and #2 is too pink and #3 is too white.

I think this powder foundation is a bit cakey especially around the eyes area and chin. I don't recommend to apply this on the udner eyes area as it really emphzsizes the fine line and dark circle.

The design of the case is not very good as the plastic cover sheet comes off everytime I open the case and the provided sponge doesn't provide a smooth application.

By and large, it's not a bad powder foundation but for this amount, I probably will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ctgv7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I curse Armani for discontinuing this fabulous foundation in my shade. I am Mac NW15 and I use the Silk Powder Foundation in 2. The color is slightly yellow on me, but it gives me the most flawless face I have ever achieve with any foundation. You know when you look at those models on the Armani website and think "wow how perfect and airbrushed their skins look!" Well, you can get that with this powder! I recommand using the sponge that came with the foundation. When I tried using a brush, the coverage was a little too light for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in shade #6 from a nice swapper and WOW I was truly impressed. I think shade 6 is too dark for my MAC NC35 skin tone, but I'm trying to pull it off...this foundation gives me a no-makeup look with flawlessness. I need to blot mid-day, but my skin isn't an oil slick. Instead, it's a bit dewy. I love the texture and the real silky quality it gives my skin. A +, next time, I will buy this in 5 or 5.5.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by tladbstjs

comes in many colours. gives a flawless finish and stays matte without drying skin. instruction says use a wet sponge for more coverage but must be careful because when the powder gets too wet it breaks easily. dont like the the thin black sponge either. overall its a good product for slightly oily skin that needs a bit of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 6:52:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd really want to love this foundation since it has a very nice texture and it goes on so smoothly. However, it's too dark on my skin (LM 1 & Guerlain 510) Plus, its color change during the day. It looks as if it's a perfect fit on my skin (on the darker side though) but by the end of the day, it makes me look as if I'd had a very bad day and that my face looks orangey (and FYI, I have dry skin!!!!) But the texture is really good. and the compact its self is kinda neat (Always draw some ah... everytime I use it in public). Still the powder should be on the under tier like the Clarins' since everytime when I blend, the excess powder goes everywhere and it's such a mess. Can't believe this happen with a line from the great designer. Won't repurchase coz the coloring problem.

--- Edited--- Just to mention that I got #4 which is the lightest shade at the time so anyone on the pale side should take this into consideration.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by MotherPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one I got is Lasting UV Silk Powder Foundation SPF17 and it's only available in Japan and Hong Kong. But, I gave up the shade of #6 and sent it to the girl at MUA. Because I found that the shade of #4 is more suitable for me as I used to sweep Sheer Bronze #5 all over face after the make-up. I believe it's too pale for me if I used it singly. It's a light weight powder that you can use with the damp sponge to get the perfect coverage. As for me, I used to spray the rose water all over the face and pad with fingers. Then, dust the powder with face powder brush and sweep on the face quickly. It looks more sheer. Or, use it as a touch-up when you need.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Monica_Lo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Way too thick to use as a powder (which is the initial use recommended by the counter person) I have not used it as a foundation yet, but my skin is normal-dry so I wouldn't think it would be a very good idea. I think it's good for oily! The sponge looks cool, but it's useless. The packaging also looks cool, but it's not very user friendly... There is a plastic sheet that always falls out when you open your compact, but if you don't use it, then the powder gets all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by cisyc

The packaging truly sucks! My case has already broken like the Chantecaille compact and it hits pan quickly. But this powder foundation gives perfect coverage WITH SPF! I don't use it everyday - only when I have pimples (and it DOES cover up to 90% of my zits) & I use it to soften my eyeshadow. However, I found it a bit thick when using with sponge for the whole face. So I have to apply it in really really light hand with my powder brush. Good try!

Forgot to mention: Remember to use it alone - NOT ON TOP OF ANY LIQUID FOUNDATION! Use it right after the sunscreen or makeup base. Otherwise, it will run.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

After discovering GA LSF (which I adore), I wanted something similar to carry around for touch-ups ... so I made another trip to the GA counter to pick up this Silk Powder Foundation. I have very yellow toned asian skin (MAC NC25, C25, C3) and picked shade #3 (which looks like it would be too light, but was the most yellow of the light-ish shades ...#4 and #5 looked like it had too much pink and/or were too dark). Anyhow, despite it looking light in the pan, the texture is super smooth and sheer for a powder foundation type product ... and with its yellow undertones, it blends really nicely into my skin yet giving coverage in a natural looking way. I've never tried a powder foundation with such a lightweight feel and sheernees before -- really wonderful. My only complaints are of course the price ... and also the compact is a tad clunky and when you open it, a little bit of powder is always stuck to the mirror. All in all, I've kept this in my purse daily and have used it for touch-ups and it is super -- will repurchase when I run out.