MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 10/1/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a MLBB sheer lipstick. It isn't moisturizing like a balm but it has a bit of slip like one. It is very similar to my mauve rose pigmented lip color. Looks nice year round. If you are looking for something natural looking and easy to wear, this is a good one. Considering the price, color payoff and lack of conditioning benefits I'm not sure I would buy it again, as it isn't a significant difference than my natural lip color. I think it would be better on someone with less pigmented lips. If you want something natural looking by MAC this is a nice choice. The most appealing thing to me is the brand name. I prefer a tinted lip balm over this. It's not that I dislike it, as I wear it frequently but I do wear it over balm and because of the close color match I would prefer to use just one product.

on 9/30/2014 10:10:00 AM

My skin shade is NC25-NC30 and this fits well for yellow based-skin as well as pink or green. This is kind of a "my lips but better" shade, as well as a mauve and a great everyday shade. I don't regret buying this! I would recommend everybody to try it out to see if it fits, I love it! The fininsh is soft and moist.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a NW20 with not very pigmented lips, and this is the perfect MLBB shade. It pulls a pinkish-mauve on my lips, and the amount of shine (or lustre, I suppose) is just perfect. It's a great everyday color. I think it's very comfortable to wear, doesn't smudge or bleed, and has no offensive smell or taste (if you know what a MAC lipstick smells like, that's what it smells like).

Unfortunately, I don't think the lasting power is quite good. I find myself reapplying only after about an hour or so.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this was my first MAC lipcolor and I am pleased with my choice! It is a pretty, neutral pink color that I think would look great on any skin tone. I love the way this product smells, like sweet vanilla! It makes me happy every time I put it on.

on 8/4/2014 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My brides love this colour! Great by itself or moved with a matte colour to make more wearable. Looks amazing with matte peaches!
Already have a back up!

on 8/3/2014 9:21:00 PM

I finally got it!! A beautiful pinky plum lipstick in MAC's lustre formula. I think I am thinking Fall already because this is a little more dark than I wear on an everyday basis. I tried it on when I got home and I loooove the neutral-yet-noticable aspect of the lipstick. It's a little but mlbb but it is SO MUCH BETTER! When I talked to the associate at MAC they said it's a color that truly looks good on everyone. I like to mute my lips out before I apply lipstick and this one looks very pink when I do that. If I wear it on my natural lipcolor its a little more plummy. I think this one will definitely get a lot of use coming up!!

My HG lipstick. It is a beautiful pink-plum colour, good color payoff. Not always long lasting when eating and drinking, but easily able to be applied. At first, it seemed to dry out my lips a lot, which I found odd and disappointing for a Lustre lipstick, but I found with use, it doesn't dry my lips out anymore. It looks good with all eye makeup looks, and is a perfect every day colour, for me, it is a 'your lips but better' shade.

on 6/29/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lipstick is excellent! A pretty slightly shimmery pink with a slightly plummy tinge. I think it's lovely because it is not only beautiful, but also very comfortable. I like the smell which is a vanilla scent that is typical to MAC lipsticks. I can imagine that I will be using every bit of this lipstick.

on 6/18/2014 8:16:00 PM

This is the most gorgeous lipstick ever. Definitely a HG product for me from the first use... Beautiful color, super creamy, just amazing. Perfect natural pink without being "nude"

on 5/29/2014 2:03:00 PM

This is one of my holy grail lipsticks. It's a beautiful pinky plum color (in my opinion, this is a universally flattering shade) that is my go-to for work or when I want a MLBB shade.
It works with pretty much any makeup look. The formula can be slightly drying, so I always wear with a lip balm underneath. It's a lustre finish and has the typical MAC vanilla scent. I think everyone should have this shade in their collection.

Popular Lipsticks