E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 1/30/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I got this for $1 or $2, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It is a decent liquid eyeliner for the price and will do until I get around to finding something better.

Pros-
Very Black
Relatively Easy to Apply
Precise

Cons-
Takes long to dry
Can be watery
Can flake a little

**Ok edit.. IT FLAKES A LOT!!! If you even touch your eyes at all, it will flake off in that spot. By the end of the day I have half of my winged eyeliner! On the other hand I am not using a primer, but something tells me it is the quality of the product causing it to flake.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I think the effectiveness of this liner depends on your skin chemistry and how confident you are with applying liquid eyeliner. I apply a primer before I use it, and it lasts a long time. It is quite watery, which means that it's easy to mess up your line if you have shaky hands. But overall, I like it. It's a good, basic liquid liner that does its job. For very precise application, I'd stick to a gel liner and an angled brush.

on 1/23/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this product almost everyday to do a winged eyeliner. I wear it for up to 13 hours and it does not move. I had naps with it on and it still did not move.
The little brush it comes with is great, very thin.
It is very black and I only need to apply one layer. The only thing I would change about this product is that I wish it was matte.

on 1/22/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

the brush and formula is amazing and has a good price but it completely wears of in the corner by lunch time. it is better if you layer it on top of other linners the handle is good too. when ever i am at target i pickone up

on 1/16/2015 3:03:00 AM

This product has a thinner consistency than other liquid eyeliners I have tried, so the color does not show up as black as I want without multiple coats. I was disappointed with the lasting power of this eyeliner because it smudged and worn off in places throughout the day.

This eye liner sucks. Even if it's less than $3, it's not worth the time. Without a primer, It's skin-phobic (can't think of a word to describe it), but as you draw your line, it leaves HOLES throughout the line and even when you try to go over the holes, the liquidly eyeliner refuses to cover up the spots of flesh shown. It is so so so frustrating. If you try it with primer, it does make a good black line. I'd say it's blacker than Kat Von D's Trooper eyeliner. But sometimes the applicator is hard to control. It rubs off super easily. You can take your finger and rub it off and it comes off like little pieces similar to eraser shavings. It does not last long even if you manage to get a good line. I always have this doubt and distrust for this eyeliner and if I needed to go out, I would not reach for this because I feel insecure about how it would stay on my face. Don't spend $3 on something that's going to just waste space in your drawers/trashcan/time.

on 1/7/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! It has a very black color that lasts all day without fading, even on my very oily eyelids. The product is very liquidy, but it doesn't effect the pigmentation in any way as long as you don't use too much. It does not dry quickly, so I suggest curling your eyelashes before using this eyeliner or much later after, because otherwise the eyeliner will wipe off on your eyelash curler. The product packaging MAY be difficult for some people to control. What I do to make sure my lines are even and look good is I first go over my eyelid with a gel, pencil, or felt tip liquid eyeliner for a base for my lines. Then, I fill them in with this product and it looks great! This has no smell, good or otherwise. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a highly pigmented and cheap liquid eyeliner option.

on 1/6/2015 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I think it depends on your personal pref. concerning whether or not you like this eyeliner. I petsonally love it because the color isnt too dramatic and the brush is thin enough to be super percise. It doesnt last that long if you rub your eye or something, but it lasts a pretty darn good amount through the day. Anyways i really like it so! 😍💕👌

on 1/5/2015 4:38:00 AM

My teenage daughter loves this product and left one at home when she went off to college. She manages to get a dramatic cat eye with it. My experience is not so successful. The brush and very runny formula make it hard to control the liner. Getting my eyes to match with a subtle line appropriate to a middle aged bureaucrat was tough. It also stung a bit, but the sensation faded quickly. Finally, it was not very long lasting , but my eyelids are oily and very few products perform adequately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best drugstore liquid eyeliner I have found. I LOVE the brush and packaging, it makes it easy to apply. I have it in Black, and am pretty happy with it. Only complaint is the formula, the color is great but late in the day I find it to come off in small chunks, which is quite annoying. I don't know if this was just the one I got, but it doesn't stay on very well(I found putting black eyeshadow over it greatly helps this problem). Overall it's a good liquid liner, especially for me because I don't have a lot of experience with liquid liner. Would reccomend for beginners.