October 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

This didn't work for me at all. I found it difficult to get enough of the product on. Maybe I was unlucky and got a liner where the lid wasn't put on properly or something, cause it felt a little dry. I would rather spend more money on a higher quality liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a pretty good eyeliner for $1! It works better than my maybelline one I got for 10 times that price. It takes a bit of time to dry though, and it goes on a bit watery. But you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sharonl501

I am in love with this product. It has a very good brush that applies easily and the formula isn't too runny. The only downside it has is that it does not last very long, but other than that, it is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first when I got this, I really hated it, but after working with it, it's now one of my favorites. Sometimes I have days where I'm short on time, & on days like that, I'll just do a simple winged liner, some mascara, & I'm out the door. The thing is, you can't do that with this liner, it doesn't work on bare skin. On bare skin, it doesn't seem to adhere properly, is watery, streaky, & not pigmented at all, & looks shiny and is that weird, peely formula. And when you try to go over it to either darken it or if you're like me & do your liner in several small strokes rather than one large one, it'll basically take off the previous layer & almost pull at your skin. But, then I discovered that so long as you don't use it on bare skin it's great-overtop of eyeshadow it's fantastic. It goes on smooth, is dark & pigmented, & doesn't do that thing where it takes off the previous layer if you go over it. Lasts all day & doesn't 'crack' like some liquid liners can. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's waterproof, but it's somewhat water resistant, which is perfect for the summertime when you sweat. I also love that the applicator is a brush & not a felt tip, you just get more control & ease of application. I just keep a different liner for days I don't wear eyeshadow, but since most days I do, I use this liner nearly every day. If you've previously tried this & disliked it for any reasons similar to the ones I described above, & it was applied on bare skin, I suggest definitely giving it another try over eyeshadow & seeing what you think-for the price, why not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by JeBeautyAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOSH! i got this - it's too much! every single time - it gets into my eyeball - literally! - damage n irrates n bad! :O - i dunno - should i toss it out or just leave around! :O - oh my god! - the worse! :( -

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ElenoreMari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the price, it is a pretty decent product. I had never before used liquid eyeliner before this, so I decide that this would be a good starting point. It lasts a decent while and doesn't appear to smear much. It stays on my oily eyelids pretty well. I think the biggest cons would be that a thin precise line is nearly impossible with it, since the brush is a bit thick and clunky (at least mine was) and that I had to go over the line several times to get a nice true black color.

All in all, its a nice eyeliner for the price. Just don't expect to be wow'd by it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I stopped at Walmart on search to find a new liquid liner (because I also just had ran out) and I was on a budget and saw this and decided to give it a try. Turns out, this stuff is amazing! It stays all day, didn't smudge, easy to use, and it is true to it's claims! I was in 102 degree weather outside hiking for 3 hours and when I got home, it still looked amazing! I mostly do cat eyes (winged liner) and this does the job! I will definitely be repurchasing once i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will never buy another liquid eyeliner again after using this. My makeup routine is not compete unless I draw on cat eyes, and the only way to do it properly is to have a quality liquid eyeliner. And previously I had been buying the one from Sephora that looks very similar to this one, only the tip is a thin sponge and the formula has a bit of glitter in it. But as well all know, Sephora products can be a bit costly. So one day in Walmart I came across the E.L.F brand cosmetics which were just making their debut and I found the liquid eyeliner for only $1 which was unbelievably cheap. I doubted it would work but for $1 it was worth a try.

I absolutely love everything about it! The formula is very black and although very liquid, one coat is plenty and doesn't show through to the skin. Also the brush is not a sponge at all, but an actually little brush which allows for an extra precise and thin line.

Professional quality liner for only $1. Enough said.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Terrible. Just terrible. I love ELF for their affordable basic tools but the makeup items need some help. I will admit I prefer pen liners in general, but having a nice liquid one on hand is always good. Not only is this formula the runniest, drippiest liner I have ever tried, but the pigmentation is poor and it takes forever to set. I have worn all types of eyeliners for the past 13 years and I have a steady hand so for me to say that this does not apply well really means something. The color needs to be built up which is no simple feat with such a wet formula. It is easy to remove but it also has poor staying power and again, just not a rich black to begin with. If you are looking for affordable liquid liners, I would recommend paying a few more dollars for Milani or Maybelline where you will get a quality product that applies well and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by madformascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great eyeliner, especially for the price. I had used liquid eyeliners in the past, and they usually dried and flaked way too easily. This eyeliner never does that.

I find it can come off a bit sheer when applied onto the bare lid. However, with a bit of primer, powder, or even foundation (just something!) on the lid, it glides on so incredibly smooth. I love the brush for precise thin or thick lines. It is especially ideal for creating the perfect wing for your eye. I have purchased this eyeliner every single time it runs out and it's amazing.

With daily use, I can get about 4 months of use from this eyeliner. It never smudges or interferes with my makeup throughout the day. Overall, great buy and will continue to repurchase because of the incredible price and quality.