July 30, 2014 | 1726 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My very first liquid liner, and I love it, love it, love it.
I would have never purchase purchased it, but since it came in a set, decided to try it just once. What a great product!
I cannot use mascara, as my eyes are too sensitive and I never found mascara that did not sting or burn. So, I gave up trying. The only method that kind of worked instead of mascara was suggested by Goss on YouTube - using cream liner on lash curler. At least that did not burn my eyes, but the overall results were just ok. So, most of the time I don't bother doing it.
Now that I discovered elf little gem, I use only this liner. I prefer it in brown, as it is still dark, but the look is much softer and more natural. On my oily lids this liner dries surprisingly quickly, even without any primer. And it stays all day, 20+ hours.
The applicator is very easy to use, it creates a very thin line, so I can easily draw a line very close to my eyelashes. This gives me an "almost mascara" look, yet does not irritate or water my sensitive eyes.
For a more dramatic evening look, I just draw another line slightly higher, to make a thicker line, and it looks beautiful.
Very pleased with elf liner, and at this unbeatable prices, will buy it again and again....And again. Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised and it's a small price to pay

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by MissMoorman

This is probably my favorite liquid liner I've ever used. It is SOOO black and stays black all day without drying to a dark blue or wiping away like a lot of other liquid liners do. The wand isn't great but it's usable in a pinch. I'd recommend a brush for this product though. I have never had it dry out and for the price it is outstanding!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been purchasing this eyeliner on and off at my local Walmart and online at elf's website for 3ish years now. I have a love hate relation ship with it.

I love doing a very dramatic cat liner look, I absolutely despise the wand that comes with it, though, others may like it and have even compared it to high end brands (its really not). The color is a true black color and I would compare it to my Stila Black Liquid eyeliner, the color does last equally as long as my Stila brand eyeliners. The wand is flimsy, and the "hairs" will separate over time, the eyeliner also dries out in the container and I find myself picking up a new one every 2-3 weeks.

I like to apply my eyeliner with a angled brush instead of the applicator. I usually just take my brush and swipe it over the applicator to get color. If you try to draw a normal cat eye with the liner, make sure you're doing it thin before you even try. If you go over the eyeliner more than once to fill in empty spots, or to tight line, the line you just applied will rub off and leave you with flakes all over your eye.

Bottom line, I like it, however, if you're going for a dramatic look that takes more time and precision go with a higher end brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by allycat7005

This was the first liquid liner I bought and I will never go back!! This only cost me a dollar at Big Lots. It sounds like a rip off because of how cheap it is, but this liner is really no different than a sephora brand. Very fluid, does not clump and the brush is very easy to use. Perfect for beginners OR experts. So save a few bucks and buy this bad boy!!!! You will be thankful that you did :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Sxyska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this liquid liner! It is easy to apply once you practice a few times or if you are already comfortable with liquid liners. You can create a casual or dramatic look that actually stays on better than many of the other higher end products. I only use this for my upper eyelid, as I like a more subtle line on the bottom. Fantastic liner for the price. This is my current go to liquid eyeliner. Why spend hard earned money for an expensive eyeliner when this one works just as well?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This $1 liquid eyeliner is comparable to high end brands. It's super black and goes on smoothly. The only problem is the brush is pointed weirdly at the end (I think I got a faulty one) but it works perfectly if I avoid the weird curve. I would've rated this lower (because of the slightly curved brush) if it was more expensive but I'm not complaining since it was only a dollar!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this eyeliner because it was really easy to apply and only cost me a dollar. The only downside would be that it doesn't last all day when applied onto my oily eyelids in a thin line. The packaging is easy to use but the logo rubbed off within a week :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjean98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was my very first liquid eyeliner and I will never go back! It lasted all day, which was a change from my eyeliner be-for.. I have gym (I'm a highschool student) And still come home with the perfect eyeliner on my upper lid (: Not to mention I got mine from the dollar store! Amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by HautboisDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to liquid eyeliner for nearly 2 years now! It's great for both beginners and advanced liquid eyeliner users, and I love the product. Not only is it super cheat ($1-$3) at Target, but the formula is great. It's easy to control how thick or thin your line is, and the product stays on for hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this eyeliner.

First off, the color is a true black that is comparable to those high-end eyeliner. The formula glides on easily and looks totally opaque. But, the "wand" of the liner is really flimsy and makes it hard to have a super precise line. The liner doesn't set really fast, so if you're in a rush and have to do your makeup in less than five minutes, this liner is not for you because it will smudge like crazy and create a total mess if you don't wait for it to dry.