September 18, 2014 | 1368 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Plumping 6 Hour Lipgloss

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

Nope. This stuff is neither infallible nor plumping. The cheap-o ELF plumping gloss is like a Smashbox gloss compared to this product.

It goes on sticky... fine, I can accept a sticky gloss, after all my favorite Stila gloss practically glues my lips closed. But then it rolls up into little globs after about 30 minutes and one thing I cannot stand is lip products that pill. And then right after it pills up it becomes more glue-like and that is when the 6 hour business proves false. You may have some color left after hour two (if you scrupulously avoid doing anything with your lips) but the gloss will be gone. I even tried going over it with another gloss and it didn't help.

As for plumping... not at all, not even a little. The Sally Hansen lip plumping gloss runs circles around this. You don't even get that tingle that makes you feel like your lips are plumper even though they are technically not.

This product is a fail for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Fawn, a neutral pinky-brown color. Overall, I love it.It is somewhat of a trade-off, it feels a bit thick and sticky, but 'cmon, a gloss that actually lasts for 3-4 hours?? Yes, it really does! I don't get the 6 hours that they advertise (maybe if you didn't eat or drink), but I've never seen a gloss that lasted beyond an hour (for me usually far less). No plumping effect, but I didn't expect one. Your lips look a little fuller the same way they would if you put any shiny light reflective product on them. Fawn is very neutral, next timeI'm going to try a slightly brighter color, but I will puchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ellezoe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

horribly sticky, too shiny and felt horrible on my lips and left a bad taste. the wand is what made me try this out but it's not that amazing or worthwhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MimiEgg

I got this lip gloss a while back and it's not a bad product, but it's not my favorite. It does give a nice colour (I got the Plumped Rose) and it has a nice shine to it. The brush is great to get into those tough spots and gives an even application. What I don't like about it is that I find it a bit too sticky for me. It does fade away after a while, though. Also, it didn't do anything for me plump wise. So overall it's a good lip gloss but I'm not sure if I would buy it again because of the stickiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have bought two of these, in 106 and 206. I have been looking around for good lip gloss since my old favourite got discontinued. I used the 206 with Dior's lipstick, of course with my body shop lip balm underneath. I tried it on for 2 hours(its winter right now). They didn't dry out my lips like maybeline and maxfactor ones did, and my lips are very prone to peel within the hour if I didn't put on the right stuff. You feel a slight tingling in your lips right after you apply, it drys out a bit as time goes on, needs a little reapplying now and then if you want to keep the glossy shine. One lippie off for drying out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by l4pkwyflyer

I love Loreal's lip glosses but this one didn't wow me. It is pretty expenisve ($10) and I can find all of those colors at a cheaper price. It also didn't last nearly 6 hours. I recomend Loreal's Colour Riche lip glosses instead, same color but better quality and less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i have this lipgloss in plumped mauve. i was debating between this and revlon colorstay gloss (which i'll probably still get after reading the reviews) but the girl at ulta told me she had this one and she liked it. it's pretty nice. the color is nice over my mac liner, it's neutral enough to be able to go nicely with different liners. the color lasted and didn't come off on my straw much at all. i liked the slight tingle i got when applying it and i think it may have some slight plumping effects. overall my lips looked healthy and nice. i want more shades of this. i remember when i was picking them out there were just a few of each shade so they must be popular. i usually wear mac glosses but they are kind of sticky so i'd branched out and had smashbox and fusion beauty lipglosses. both beautiful but spendy. gloss is just not something that should be too expensive in my opinion. anyway, i like this so far and would recommend it, especially if you come across it on sale. one more thing, it does have a sponge applicator but the shape is a little different, sort of wider and flatter. it didn't bother me though but just sharing because i typically like a brush but this works.

** update ** i probably won't finish and certainly won't repurchase this product. it dries my lips pretty badly. even with a lip conditioner underneath i notice excessive drying. it's probably the natural of long-wear products. i gave it a 2 star because it is a nice color and it does wear long but it's not worth it for me with dried out lips. going back to my there glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have one in red. It plumps my lips and lasts for 8+ hours. It is awesome. I love the heart shaped applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Catten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I must say this was a pleasant surprise. Picked it up on a whim, and don't regret it!

I have this in plumped plum, and first things first - it was a lot more sheer than I thought it would be. I've seen complaints about the texture of this gloss becoming super tacky or sticky, I didn't find that at all. No more so than MAC's lipglass for example. But to be fair I only applied one coat, I"m guessing this problem arises when you start layering the colour on. Six hour wear? Not exactly, but definitely the longest lasting lipgloss I've ever tried.

To sum it up, I think this lipgloss is best purchased by those who want a nice wash of colour (1 or 2 coats, more than that and I think you're gonna run into a tacky or sticky problem), not really opaque, decent staying power, nice shades. Not a fan of the smell though!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by tigra1257

Well, my friend gave me this lip gloss, and I'm not sure if I would buy it again or not. I absolutely LOVE the color though. It is gorgeous. I got 106 "plumped pink." It's really nice for the first hour or so, but as the day goes by, the gloss dries out, and sticks to my lips and chunks up. It's kind of strange. I mean I haven't worn it a lot, but I guess if I just applied it again after it dried it'd be alright. It could just be that my lips are kind of dry. I've tried putting on chapstick before I put the gloss on, and the result was the same. It makes my lips tingle a bit and they do look fuller. Try for yourself to see what you think though!! :)