NARS Desire

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This blush is wonderful! But the key to success is to apply it with a VERY light hand otherwise you will look like a clown. Start with just the teensiest amount, barely touching the pan with the brush. Yes, this blush might just last you forever. It gives my fair skin a very natural flush. Like I have been out running or just come in from the cold. There is no shimmer or glitter but it is not chalky either. It is finely milled, very good quality. The quality, the fact that you will never run out and the fantastic results make the high price totally justifiable. It is simply the perfect cool toned pink.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Totally gorgeous colour, freaking love it. Wakes up my whole face. As other reviewers have said it is very buildable; apply with a light hand and add more as needed. In my opinion this blush is superior to the cult classic Orgasm; while Desire is not as versatile as a peachy-pink shade like Orgasm and can't be worn with every eye or lip colour, it is much better formulated, more finely-milled, and applies like a dream compared to Orgasm. Seems to last longer as well.

I usually apply two light swipes of this with a fluffy blush brush for a nice, natural, girly flush. Looks great with basically everything except a smoky eye or red or coral lip. If you're looking for an introduction to NARS blushes, I would suggest you try this one first.

To tell you the truth, I'm WAY more into cream blushes and stains these days over powder. For the most part, I think they give a superior lit-from-within glow. I'm looking to switch my blush stash mostly over to cream. BUT, Desire is an exception. I would buy again, if I ever do hit pan (it lasts forever).

on 7/3/2013 7:27:00 AM

Holy wow! That was my reaction to desire when I first saw it at sephora. It's this super bright girly candy pink that looks very intimidating on the pan. But with a light hand it goes on beautifully on my NC30 skin tone. It shows up well and you don't have to use much for it to appear on your skin. Apply with a light hand because you can really build this product up/ really great colour payoff... Its worth the $.
This is like the non sparkly sister of nars - Angelika.

A beautiful wash of pink when you're getting tired of Oragsm lol.
I was at Sephora and I saw this beautiful color and it caught my attention immediately! I needed something like this.

-Bright pink, but not too bright
-Highly pigmented
-NO SHIMMER (not to say I am not a fan but I would like a break every now and then)

I bought this as a Blush/Bronzer Duo and it was worth the $41 dollars!
Gorgeous! I love it love it love it! I cannot rave much else because I am barely wearing it today! I might have to do an updated review on this color.

I see this as a cheek color one would get on a chilly day, especially those who are medium-fair skinned like myself (anybody between NW35/NC35-to MAC's lightest skin color) you can get away with this and a little goes a long way. I have not tested this on my siblings, who are NW40 to the darkest color on the MAC foundation list. I will update!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a really pretty cotton candy pink blush. It gives the cheeks a lovely pink glow when applied with a light hand. Like all Nars blushes, a little goes a long way. I am NC37-40 for those who are curious, and it looks lovely on me. I would recommend if you want a girly pink blush.

on 6/6/2013 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my HG blush. It is the perfect pink and matches my natural blush color. No odd powdery look.

on 5/7/2013 12:14:00 PM

With a light hand and some blending, this blush is absolutely beautiful on my fair skin. It instantly warms up my face. Don't be afraid by the color you see in the pan, on the skin it is beautiful. I don't see myself ever needing to buy another one because everytime I use it I only lightly tap my brush in the pan- that tiny amount is all you need. So paying 29$ for a blush was hard but knowing it will last me forever means I'm getting my money's worth :)

on 4/28/2013 2:09:00 PM

Desire is such a sexy and seducing color! I feel so girly and attractive when i wear this. NARS has created a brand that makes girls feel beautiful and bold.

on 4/27/2013 2:55:00 PM

This is a very pigmented, blue-based hot-pink blush, and a little bit on a brush goes a long way. I feel like even if I used this every day, it would last for years. I am neutral skin-toned and white as a sheet, and I don't feel like this gives me a natural-looking flush. It's very cotton-candy pink on my cheeks, thus I rarely use it at all. The most natural flush that I've found in any blush comes from NARS Sin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this for my birthday and I totally love it! It is a great cotton-candy pink colour, so pigmented it will last forever. I have uber-pale skin (think mac NW10) so I was a little scared of the colour in the pan but with a gentle hand, and a good brush, this is easy to work with and it's blendable. It gives a great glow to the skin and lifts my complexion. Like all Nars blushes it is great quality and super-flattering. I'm so happy with it :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials