E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

I've been using this product intermittently for at least a year or so. The only other eyelid primers I've tried are from the elf line. I may update this after I use my urban decay primer sample.

Pros:
-I have oily lids and this stuff keeps eyeliner and eyeshadow intact that nothing I've ever used before, yay!
-It's cheap, like all elf products. Double yay!
-Compact skinny packaging great for stuffing into a travel-sized make up bag. Triple yay!

Cons:
-....none?

Vs other primers:
-It's been a while but I think the only other primer I've tried is the elf studio one that comes in stick form on one end and a liner sealer on the other end. That product was a flop because it smeared everywhere and got really greasy and doesn't even compare to this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If you have oily eyelids like I do, this probably won't work for you. The first time I tried this, I applied a little too much, and my eyeshadow creased and was a greasy mess in less than an hour. The next few times I tried it, I used less, and it lasted a bit longer, but it still creased in about 2 - 3 hours.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a while ago and initially it creased on me. I didn't use it again until I was experimenting with using concealer under my eyes to hold shadow, and because of its thin consistency I thought it might work well.

I have actually started using it quite a bit, as an alternative to Nars. I pat it on my lids in thin layers and allow it to dry and it doesn't crease at all. It is tinted so It gives my lids a nice even base to apply shadow on, and it is very easy to work with shadow on top of it. And it also works really well as an undereye primer.

In short, well worth the $3, and it stands up well with high end brands in my concealer collection. Highly recommended.

I heard about this primer through a youtube guru comparing it to the Urban Decay Priming lotion. Obviously, it is not better than UD but I still think it is a good product for the price you are paying for. It goes on very smooth and does help make eyeshadow come up a lot more pigmented on your eyes.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is actually the best eyeshadow primer I have used. It does the job perfectly! My eyeshadow always creases, no matter how much primer I apply, and no matter how expensice the product is. But not with this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: price, packaging. Cons: starts creasing after a few hours. I do like this product. You can't beat the price, but it just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the 24 hour color tattoo by Maybelline.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's okay as a cheap eyelid primer. However, it start creasing a bit after a few hours.
I also get the trouble, that it applies kind of oily when i start using it after i haven't used it for a long time, and i have this problem with other eyelid primers as well. I think that contributes to the creasing.

It's better than wearing no eyelid primer, though. The creasing is truely less than when not wearing anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I have had it for almost a year, use it everyday, and I'm just now starting to run low! Lasted a very long time. Anyways, it keeps my eyeshadow lasting for a LONG time! Kept it perfect for 24 hours on my homecoming day, even after being slept on! And it's very inexpensive.

I would buy this product ALL OVER AGAIN. I love how it keeps my eyelid matte and it conceals the subtle veins on my lids and my eyeshadows stay put with this! Amazing!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Buy this..I'm just telling you all. You won't believe how good it works. It's a $3..And it comes in a lot of ELF eye kits. I've gpt old crepey eyelids and this hides it well.