Genes Vitamin E Swiss Collagen Complex Creme

4.3

on 8/17/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I just bought this at Sam's for about $8 because of the reviews. I will update with a review later after I use it for awhile. Before purchasing, I was looking for the ingredients list and couldn't find any info. So the following are the ingredients (for those who are interested):

states:"Vitamins E, A, D combined over 200,000 IUs ... contains biologically compatible amounts of vitamin E, A, and D plus Panthenol and Allantoin."

ingredients: distilled water, safflower oil, glyceryl stearate and PEG-100 stearate, tocopheryl (vitamin E), sesame oil, isopropyl palmitate, mango seed oil, shea nut butter, collagen, stearic acid, ceteareth-20, sweet almond oil, macademia nut oil, cetyl alcohol, brazil nut oil, panthenol, octyldodecanol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, propylene glycol, vitamin A palmitate with vitamin D3, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), triethanolamine, sorbitan stearate, pure plant essences known as essential oils (fragrance), methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, allantoin, butylparaben, pemulen, annatto, and caramel

This is the first cream/lotion I have found that doesn't cause a skin reaction after using for a period of time. I absolutely feel I can't live without this stuff. I slather it on after showering and shaving for baby smooth and soft, hydrated skin.

on 5/10/2011 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I have dry/combo somewhat sensitive skin and this cream does wonders for me. I mostly use it morning and night as a facial moisturizer after cleansing and toning. No breakouts from it, just smooth, hydrated, evenly toned skin. A little goes a long way so it will last forever. It's cheap too! Only about $7 at Sams Club. No need to splurge on high end creams, this stuff rocks my world.

on 4/12/2011 8:56:00 PM

Happened to see this at Sam's and had to give it a try. Used it over the winter and I really like it. I apply to body after showering and it leaves my skin soft and smooth (which is saying a lot particularly in the winter as my skin is very dry) The container says for face, neck, hands and body. Highly recommend, especially for dry skin.

on 2/3/2011 9:19:00 AM

My mom had this at home to use on her hands and I didnt like it because it was too "oily" (later found out, a little goes a long way) but I moved to Korea where the winters are absolutly brutal and my skin was in a big mess. I had wond burns and my skin was really dry and there was nothing I could do about it. I pulled out this lotion and applied it to my face at night and I noticed a big difference when I woke up. I used it for a few nights straight and my skin went back to normal. It has been a life saver. I think its a great produce for those who live inthe cold weather. The packaging is huge and maybe not the most sanitary, but I try my best to keep in clean. I usually transfer some into a small container. Over all, a great product.

on 1/23/2011 3:26:00 PM

Love love love love love love love!!! This product is my HG moisturizer. I came across it by accident at my MIL's house. My skin was terribly broken out and DRY. On a whim I slathered some on my face before bed one night and woke up the next day with my blemished reduced and my dry skin calmed. I thought it might be a fluke but the more I used it the better and better my skin got! The tone is better, the texture is baby soft, and I swear it's done a number on my bad breakouts! The smell is mild, the container isn't awful, and a little goes a long long way!

I bought this for my dry peeling sensitive "winter" skin......I applied this to my face for several nights....bad idea.....made current blemishes spread/expand and began to breakout in areas I almost never do.......
I could use this for my body but the smell reminds me too much of old timey diaper rash ointment....hmmm too bad though , I had high hopes for this and it seems like such a big waste :/

on 12/6/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I hate to be the lone dissenter here, but this product is NOT what I expected given the hype. Yes, it has fantastic ingredients but for some strange reason it isn't very moisturizing. I've tried it many times, both on my hands and body, and it doesn't make my skin feel quenched like some top (drugstore) moisturizers do. Also, there isn't much of an "after-glow"- your skin looks pretty much the same after working it in. Believe it or not, the Jergen's Overnight and Nivea Essentially Enriched products are better, esp. for the winter.

on 7/1/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I found this while browsing the aisles at Sam's and decided to try it since I have eczema and my skin is very sensitive. I have been using it religiously after every shower and I put more on in the morning but only on the really dry spots. I love that I can also use it on my face but I noticed when it is really hot outside it melts off so now I use just a dime sized amount on my face. A little goes w long way. The packaging isn't amazing. It is very easy for the words to come off but it works so that isn't important. The collagen is a nice addition also. Sometimes I have to use it more than once but my skin get very dry so I kind of expected that. I love that it's only $7! I am going to stock up next time I go to Sam's.

I discovered this at my mother-in-law's house. It looks like something from the 70's, and it smells like it too (not a good thing lol), but it works incredibly well. It is very emollient, and I would say this is something for dry to severely dry skin as it is quite thick and a tad greasy. My MIL is a nurse, and her hands get dry and cracked from frequent washing and glove wearing. She said this is the one thing she's tried so far that has actually helped heal and soothe her hands. If the smell and the ugly generic looking container don't bother you, I would definitely recommend anyone trying this.

Popular Lotions / Creams